bubpce

What to bring at the interview?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Macedonia
Timeline

Hello everyone

I am about to start working on our folder for the interview date and i thought i consult first with other members here who might have went though this and already have the experience in this matter.

Do we need to make a folder like the one we sent at USCIS or this one needs to be different? They say that i need to carry the originals of the documentary proof, but i was wondering, do i put copies in the folder (like in the USCIS folder) or do i replace them with the originals (or i just keep them in case they ask for it).

Please, i would appreciate any advice you may have to share about this, because i dont want to mess things up, i know that they can return me if i dont assembly it correctly.

Thank you for all your help and God bless you all

Energizer Bunny arrested, charged with battery !!!

Gjo3p2.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

You can make another copy of each original, in case the consulate wants one or more. Carry the originals with you.

Be sure that whatever you plan to hand over is thin and flexible enough to fit underneath a curved slot in a Plexiglass window, like in a bank.

Consulates tend to focus on "evidence of bona fide relationship," so bring a lot of materials to convince them of that. Go on the consulate's official website for instructions about what to bring, and e-mail them with any questions that you have after you read what they have to say.

Atop every VJ page is "embassy info" and "embassy reviews." Read these. Take nothing for granted, but it appears that your consulate is one of the easier ones!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Dear TBoneTX

Thank you for your reply, i always appreciate your advice because i know you have the experience in this matter. I am honestly very confused :-( I know about the packets which the embassy will send me, and its ok, i will fill in all those DS forms and get other documents i need to go with it. I already applied for new birth certificate and police certificate, so they are in process but what worries me is the folder. I know the embassy is my country is a good one, but i still dont know what to present there. I read over and over and i cant find any information on what to bring beside those packages.

May i ask you how you did your folder and what you brought at the embassy? What does it mean proof of bona fide relationship? Do i take the same folder we had for the USCIS? Or do i make another one? That is what worries me. For the USCIS part there was a guide which said, include this and that .... but for this, ..... i feel so lost.

Some members say that they bring a folder just as same as the one for the USCIS .... some say ... oh i dont know ... i would really appreciate if you share your experience on what you brought at the embassy and how did it look like.

In the guides it said "make a same copy of the entire folder you send to the USCIS and send it to your fiance (e) because she/he will need it for the embassy interview...."

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Gjo3p2.png

Dear TBoneTX

Thank you for your reply, i always appreciate your advice because i know you have the experience in this matter. I am honestly very confused :-( I know about the packets which the embassy will send me, and its ok, i will fill in all those DS forms and get other documents i need to go with it. I already applied for new birth certificate and police certificate, so they are in process but what worries me is the folder. I know the embassy is my country is a good one, but i still dont know what to present there. I read over and over and i cant find any information on what to bring beside those packages.

May i ask you how you did your folder and what you brought at the embassy? What does it mean proof of bona fide relationship? Do i take the same folder we had for the USCIS? Or do i make another one? That is what worries me. For the USCIS part there was a guide which said, include this and that .... but for this, ..... i feel so lost.

Some members say that they bring a folder just as same as the one for the USCIS .... some say ... oh i dont know ... i would really appreciate if you share your experience on what you brought at the embassy and how did it look like.

In the guides it said "make a same copy of the entire folder you send to the USCIS and send it to your fiance (e) because she/he will need it for the embassy interview...."

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Some of the evidence for the interview should be new since the I-129F package was nearly 6 months ago so you can now focus on call logs, emails etc for showing ongoing relationship.

The folder you take I think should be organized for yourself so that you can find any piece of evidence or whatever to support any possible questions at the interview. You might also want a new letter of marriage intent from both of you to confirm ongoing relationship. Then there are some of the documents like I-129f and your fiances G-325A which you can read over before your interview so that you know his info.

You didn't mention the medical, you should do that before the interview so that they have the results from it.

Edited by LookyWhatIFound

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Oops another important thing make sure your fiance send you the I-134 Affidavit of support and supporting documents for you to take to the interview.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Looky is correct in regard to what to bring.

The embassy information is at: http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Macedonia&cty=Skopje

I didn't see anything about K-1 or family-based visas, in my brief look.

The e-mail address is: consularskopje@state.gov

You can write to them with your specific questions; let them know that it's in regard to a K-1 visa. Also, ask them specifically if your fiance is officially or unofficially expected to attend your interview or to be on the premises during that time. Ask specifically whether it will count against you in the eyes of the consular officer if your fiance is NOT there. Whatever they answer, save their response.

My experience in Ecuador had nothing to do with reality, unless Hell is real. Your experience should be much better. :)

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Sorry for the delay of this reply but i have been up and down, trying to do few things and going through offices. I already got few of the documents, i didnt expect them to do it so quickly but its election year so.... :-) As far as i have read, the fiance is not obligated to come to the interview, so it will be me and Mr. Big i guess. I honestly got scared on what to bring at the interview but thanks to you guys, im starting to loosen up a little bit. As TBoneTX said, its mainly for me to handle it easier and answer the questions correctly. I have nothing to hide so i think i will just go there and take my chance :-) Although i know that some people have had bad experience even in our embassy here, it depends on the day that the officer had, and if someone else before you, will piss him off or not.

I plan to bring some emails and pictures in the folder, we use skype so no phone bills, and i will bring only few emails from each month cause we have been writing to each other for almost 3 years now so .... thats a looot of paper. Of course the affidavit, we are working on that one still and the fiance letters.

My mind is spinning honestly.

The case left the NVC and now its toward the embassy. We have no clue on when it should get here and if they contact me or the petitioner when they receive it.

For the medical they say that it should be included in the package from the embassy and i will have to attend it a few days before the interview. I know a person whos fiancee will go to an interview in a about 13 days so im hoping for more information from them.

Thank you for all your help ... i still havent started to work on the folder cause im waiting on my fiance to send me some documents but as soon as i have them, i will let you know how it gets and i will take the liberty to consult you on any problems i may encounter during the process.

Again, thank you and God bless you all

Gjo3p2.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.