kenh86

Relationship proof

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi, my name is Ken and Im new here. I am ready to get my fiance whos in china to apply for a K1 visa. I met her last year in july 2010 whom her aunt introduce me to her. Her aunt's husband is a very good friend of my father. I am about to go back again in 2 months. I've already started gathering evidence to support our genuine relationship by gathering emails, phone logs, and a few pictures that we took the last time (which was just a few), western union receipts, IM chat logs, and boarding passes. As for the phone log, the account is under my parents name which is a family plan that have 3 separate phone numbers (each with a separate name which include my name), do you guys think the VO will raise a red flag because the account is not under my name?

in addition, i just recently started to use skype on my mobile phone and the skype account is under my name, but the phone number that i dialed from is associated with the family account, so i guess its ok right?

do you think this is enough evidence that i already had especially phone calls that i made every single day at least twice a day since the first time we met, western union receipts that i send money to her couple hundred bucks a month since december, monthly chat logs with webcam pictures?

I know i havnt been back to see her for a long time which is one year already, so non-frequent visit due to job situation is ok right?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

From April 08 to May 2011, my wife and I did not have any telephone logs. We used Yahoo Messenger almost everyday for 3 years now. I made up logs for each month, and a chat sample for each month, to show that we could communicate well and that we do talk almost everyday. I visited April or March each year. My wife's Visa Interview was approved May 4 this year. I sent money by Western Union about the same each month..........good luck.........

April 2008 Met online ..................... March 2010.. 3 week visit......... 19 Nov...Sent DS230 & I-864

April 2009 Met in Chongqing .......... 09 March 2010 .. Marry.................17Dec...NVC lost 230 and 864

04 May 09 Apply K1 .................... 10 April .. Apply CR1....................20Dec..NVC found 230

18 May 09 NOA 1......................... 20 April... NOA1...........................28Dec..sent more 864 docs

16 Sep 09 NOA 2......................... 06 Oct..... NOA2...........................2011

08 Nov 09 P3................................... 21 Oct..... Have Case #..............21 Jan...SIF

06 Dec 09 P4............................... 30 OCt..... Have DS-3032...............26 Jan .. CC

29 Dec 09. Interview..................... 1 Nov..... email Ds-3032...............1 Apr, 3 week visit

29 Dec,,,,No Visa.......................... 1 Nov......paid AOS.......................4 May Interview.Approved..

9 Aug 2010 I-129F ended.............. 5 Nov......paid IV.........,,,,,,,,,,, ..... 28 June, Received Visa

............................................................................................................22 July, arrive USA..

Timeline

thanks for you encouragement! Im just afraid that the VO officer will be concern about who's phone number is this and think that Im using someone else's phone to communicate and raise a red flag. Also the way how i met my fiance shouldnt be a concern as long as i have the proof that i really want to be with my fiance.

thanks for you encouragement! Im just afraid that the VO officer will be concern about who's phone number is this and think that Im using someone else's phone to communicate and raise a red flag. Also the way how i met my fiance shouldnt be a concern as long as i have the proof that i really want to be with my fiance.

Shouldn't be a problem, as as you wait for the initial part of the K-1 process, you will be collecting more evidence (that's 5-6 months). If another trip is in the plans, take pictures. E-mails, etc also count. Some representative messages or logs of sessions in IM would do.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Based on your current situation, from a VO's perspective there may be some scrutiny. You have only met in person one time and you were introduced by family, which for China starts to smell like fraud to GUZ. I believe that you are legit, just my view based on what you have already said. GUZ likes to see multiple trips, family interaction, proof of fluent communication, lack of party affiliation to name a few. Gather a good deal of evidence and good luck! :thumbs:

Nov 6, 2009: "I had breakfast in Korea, lunch in Shanghai, and dinner in Chongqing...now I just need to find a squat toilet..."

K1 completion: 03-10-2010, PINK!!!(well..it's orangish)
POE: Chicago/ORD 05-21-2010
Married: 05-26-2010
AOS completion: 10-28-2010
ROC completion: 05-16-2013

Naturalized: 11-21-2014

Timeline

Based on your current situation, from a VO's perspective there may be some scrutiny. You have only met in person one time and you were introduced by family, which for China starts to smell like fraud to GUZ. I believe that you are legit, just my view based on what you have already said. GUZ likes to see multiple trips, family interaction, proof of fluent communication, lack of party affiliation to name a few. Gather a good deal of evidence and good luck! :thumbs:

well we communicated everyday for a year already and i just started to petition her. i will be going back in 2 months and will be going back again when her interview is up so that i can support her. we do communicate very well and we both speak the same language. ill just start gathering up chats logs, phone logs, western union receipts, and webcam photos of me and her chatting once per week every month from day 1 till the interview date. that should be enough evidence.. obviously when i go back, i will make sure i takes tons of photos.

Two things:

1) You say above that you are going to get your fiance' to apply for a K-1. You understand that you must make the application, right? Have a look at the guides (click the word Guides in the blue bar above), for a step-by-step.

2) I have read that family introductions can be a problem in some countries. You might want to post in the China regional sub-forum about that, to get input from members there.

Good Luck!

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Timeline

I just sent my I-129f package on the 13th and other than meeting in person the only way we communicate is on Skype. I don't have any letters...western union...or phone records. I printed out a very large chunk of our chat logs from Skype...separated them into the last 6 months and had each month neatly marked and bound nice. I know I did overkill but I thought sending too much was better than not enough.

Good Luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi, my name is Ken and Im new here. I am ready to get my fiance whos in china to apply for a K1 visa. I met her last year in july 2010 whom her aunt introduce me to her. Her aunt's husband is a very good friend of my father. I am about to go back again in 2 months. I've already started gathering evidence to support our genuine relationship by gathering emails, phone logs, and a few pictures that we took the last time (which was just a few), western union receipts, IM chat logs, and boarding passes. As for the phone log, the account is under my parents name which is a family plan that have 3 separate phone numbers (each with a separate name which include my name), do you guys think the VO will raise a red flag because the account is not under my name?

Congratulations! That you are providing for your fiancee financially shows familial commitment according this society's norms. You already have done good work at compiling your records and should include:

1. Sentimental handwritten letters,

2. Copies of ecards (romantic, holidays, birthdays, etc)

3. Romantic emails,

4. Emails asking about family

5. Copies of gift photos/receipts,

6. Instant messenger log

7. Romantic pictures of the both of you together if you have them.

8. Letters of support from friends and family. Note: the form letters online are weak in this regard. Letters of support should show how the person knows you, how your life was prior to meeting your future spouse, how they feel about your future spouse, and how they perceive your life would change for the better by marrying your future spouse.

9. Letters/emails discussing practical goals in marriage: where you would like to live, children if any, care for elders, educational goals, etc.

10. Attach a declaration or explanatory narrative discussing each and every exhibit, e.g., "Sherry and I first met in person in Beijing (Exh. A passport). Our first date was at the the _________ (Exh. B, photgraph)." Guide the reader just like in a legal case or case study. Take that opportunity to express how you feel about your fiancee, how your life has changed, your hopes, what your real feelings are, how your family feels about the relationship, etc. In short, put a human face on the process.

10. How you met. You met via introduction. How wonderful! That's how people generally met before industrialization ground culture down into McDonalds. Explain the customs behind your meeting. In many traditional and kinship societies today, a man does not court a woman directly in such fine establishments as a disco. Emissaries from families meet to ask permission, a person of trust sends a communique to the woman or vice versa. Heck, America's affluent encourage their sons and daughters to join fraternities and sororities to ensure marriage of their children to and an alliance between affluent families via marriage.

I had to ask my fiancee's son permission to court my fiancee. Work that rich story into your declaration along with your familial letters of support. NOTE: humans are fallible; therefore discuss only so much detail about yourself as your fiancee certainly knows about you in an interview. That way she won't be put in a position of being quizzed on material which she might forget due to nerves, like who is your favorite rap star.

The Skype thing. Make it easy for the reader to understand who is calling whom. To keep from wasting your present Skype exchanges, write in your declaration, "Mr. Ken and number 123456 are my username and phone number on Skype (Exh. G). The Family_Stone and 7891011 are the username and Skype number used by my fiance Stacy Sweet (Exh. G). All communications via Skype are between us." I suggest a dedicated Skype account for each of you for the exclusive use of communicating with each other. That way you don't have to distinguish between calls to the dentist and your fiancee.

These are just some examples. Make a legal binder with the holes at the top with legal exhibit tabs at the bottom and start putting your evidence in order. As I recently discovered, the process is laborious.

Translations: The Code of Federal regulations requires that all documents in a foreign language be translated. I am guessing that you are bilingual; there is no regulation barring you from translating the documents. However, it is SO time consuming. You may want to hire translators in China to take some of the burden off of you.

Taking your time every day to do something on that petition will take a lot of pressure off of you. Good for you!

May 14, 2011 Mailed K1 Petition to Lewisville, Texas Lockbox

May 18, 2011 Notice of Receipt via email

May 18, 2011 Notice Petition forwarded to California Service Center

May 19, 2011 Notice of Receipt from Laguna Niguel, California, Service Center

August 2, 2011 Request for Evidence

August 31, 2011 Evidence tendered to Laguna Niguel, Service Center

September 14, 2011 Notice of Action, "Petition approved."

September 29, 2011 Notice Petition forwarded to embassy in Lima, from National Visa Center, Portsmouth, NH,

October 3, 2011, email sent to embassy in Lima, re: change of address for fiancée.

October 5, 2011 email response from embassy in Lima, re: procedure for change of address

October 22, 2011 received packet from embassy in Lima with Nov. 2, 2011 appointment date.

November 2, 2011 finacée interviewed by consular staff in Lima.

November 2, 2011 Yellow sheet issued requesting more information.

Timeline

Congratulations! That you are providing for your fiancee financially shows familial commitment according this society's norms. You already have done good work at compiling your records and should include:

1. Sentimental handwritten letters,

2. Copies of ecards (romantic, holidays, birthdays, etc)

3. Romantic emails,

4. Emails asking about family

5. Copies of gift photos/receipts,

6. Instant messenger log

7. Romantic pictures of the both of you together if you have them.

8. Letters of support from friends and family. Note: the form letters online are weak in this regard. Letters of support should show how the person knows you, how your life was prior to meeting your future spouse, how they feel about your future spouse, and how they perceive your life would change for the better by marrying your future spouse.

9. Letters/emails discussing practical goals in marriage: where you would like to live, children if any, care for elders, educational goals, etc.

10. Attach a declaration or explanatory narrative discussing each and every exhibit, e.g., "Sherry and I first met in person in Beijing (Exh. A passport). Our first date was at the the _________ (Exh. B, photgraph)." Guide the reader just like in a legal case or case study. Take that opportunity to express how you feel about your fiancee, how your life has changed, your hopes, what your real feelings are, how your family feels about the relationship, etc. In short, put a human face on the process.

10. How you met. You met via introduction. How wonderful! That's how people generally met before industrialization ground culture down into McDonalds. Explain the customs behind your meeting. In many traditional and kinship societies today, a man does not court a woman directly in such fine establishments as a disco. Emissaries from families meet to ask permission, a person of trust sends a communique to the woman or vice versa. Heck, America's affluent encourage their sons and daughters to join fraternities and sororities to ensure marriage of their children to and an alliance between affluent families via marriage.

I had to ask my fiancee's son permission to court my fiancee. Work that rich story into your declaration along with your familial letters of support. NOTE: humans are fallible; therefore discuss only so much detail about yourself as your fiancee certainly knows about you in an interview. That way she won't be put in a position of being quizzed on material which she might forget due to nerves, like who is your favorite rap star.

The Skype thing. Make it easy for the reader to understand who is calling whom. To keep from wasting your present Skype exchanges, write in your declaration, "Mr. Ken and number 123456 are my username and phone number on Skype (Exh. G). The Family_Stone and 7891011 are the username and Skype number used by my fiance Stacy Sweet (Exh. G). All communications via Skype are between us." I suggest a dedicated Skype account for each of you for the exclusive use of communicating with each other. That way you don't have to distinguish between calls to the dentist and your fiancee.

These are just some examples. Make a legal binder with the holes at the top with legal exhibit tabs at the bottom and start putting your evidence in order. As I recently discovered, the process is laborious.

Translations: The Code of Federal regulations requires that all documents in a foreign language be translated. I am guessing that you are bilingual; there is no regulation barring you from translating the documents. However, it is SO time consuming. You may want to hire translators in China to take some of the burden off of you.

Taking your time every day to do something on that petition will take a lot of pressure off of you. Good for you!

:) you know that was very nice of you to offer some great personal opinion! after reading that I was thinking of starting to write a small little book about my feelings that me and my fiancee share and how we want to spend our life together and give it to the VO officer to read :D .

for the phone log, i've already highlighted my cellphone number along with my name thats on account page of the wireless service that i used. so they should be able to see that unless the VO office just take a second skim through and miss out on those small things.

Also, just curious, me and my fiancee took studio pictures the last time i visit but usually there are no time stamps on these photos (same goes with our original pictures), would that be ok? the next time i go back and take pictures, should i get a camera that have timestamp function? (you know some modern new cameras dont have the feature anymore)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

:) you know that was very nice of you to offer some great personal opinion! after reading that I was thinking of starting to write a small little book about my feelings that me and my fiancee share and how we want to spend our life together and give it to the VO officer to read :D .

for the phone log, i've already highlighted my cellphone number along with my name thats on account page of the wireless service that i used. so they should be able to see that unless the VO office just take a second skim through and miss out on those small things.

Also, just curious, me and my fiancee took studio pictures the last time i visit but usually there are no time stamps on these photos (same goes with our original pictures), would that be ok? the next time i go back and take pictures, should i get a camera that have timestamp function? (you know some modern new cameras dont have the feature anymore)

I'm glad to lend support. For time stamps, no worry. You can scan your pics and then paste them into a MS Word document with a title on top explaining what the photos are and date, e.g. "Ken and Stacy Sweet at the Temple in Beijing, Nov. 2010." You can authenticate the photos via your declaration, "The attached photograph Exh. D depicts Stacy and myself at the Great Harvest on Nov. 2010." My digital pics were pasted into MS Word as done in the attached doc. I hope this helps. If it sounds unreasonable, ignore. Congratulations on starting your new life.

Pachacamac 2008.doc

May 14, 2011 Mailed K1 Petition to Lewisville, Texas Lockbox

May 18, 2011 Notice of Receipt via email

May 18, 2011 Notice Petition forwarded to California Service Center

May 19, 2011 Notice of Receipt from Laguna Niguel, California, Service Center

August 2, 2011 Request for Evidence

August 31, 2011 Evidence tendered to Laguna Niguel, Service Center

September 14, 2011 Notice of Action, "Petition approved."

September 29, 2011 Notice Petition forwarded to embassy in Lima, from National Visa Center, Portsmouth, NH,

October 3, 2011, email sent to embassy in Lima, re: change of address for fiancée.

October 5, 2011 email response from embassy in Lima, re: procedure for change of address

October 22, 2011 received packet from embassy in Lima with Nov. 2, 2011 appointment date.

November 2, 2011 finacée interviewed by consular staff in Lima.

November 2, 2011 Yellow sheet issued requesting more information.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.