kcnca

Divorce Documents

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Are petitioner divorce documents needed at the Fiancee interview at the Embassy?

06/10/11 Embassy Interview ( Said we were approved but, no visa due to birth certificate correction )

07/12/11 New Appointment to hand in the Original Birth Certificate Finial Approval

07/25/11 Still waiting for Visa to be received

08/04/11 POE at Orlando International

08/20/11 Married

Filed for AOS

Sent AOS,EAD & AP in same package 3/19/2012

Package Tracking Shows it was received 3/21/2012

Check cashed 03/26/2012

Waiting for NOA

Received EAD & AP May 28 2012

Received 2yr green card Sept 15 2012

Filed: Other Country: Australia
Timeline

If you have submitted your divorce documents earlier in the process - probably not because they will have them. HOWEVER, if you have them send them along to the interview. I have read that someone was asked for this exact document during an interview. If it were me - I would send them along to the interview- FEDEX right away.

Timeline

If you have submitted your divorce documents earlier in the process - probably not because they will have them. HOWEVER, if you have them send them along to the interview. I have read that someone was asked for this exact document during an interview. If it were me - I would send them along to the interview- FEDEX right away.

Thanks I will be there for the interview so I will just bring a copy with me

06/10/11 Embassy Interview ( Said we were approved but, no visa due to birth certificate correction )

07/12/11 New Appointment to hand in the Original Birth Certificate Finial Approval

08/20/11 Married

Filed for AOS

Check cashed 03/26/2012

Waiting for NOA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi kcnca

A general word of advice (especially if you will accompany your 'other' to the interview). Take a copy of EVERYTHING. Whether you've sent it or not. Whether something has been confirmed received or not. Don't gamble with what to take / not take. Make a copy of absolutely everything and take it with you.

Hopefully you've been making copies of everything along the way of your process. But, always remember... cases go through multiple hands and departments. Everything is handled by human beings... and human being make mistakes. The worst thing is to finally reach the golden moment of interview day, and your 'other' doesn't have something the consulate officer may ask for... resulting in delay / RFE.

Best Wishes to You!

~Bleauwolf

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

yes true always make another set of files, one can get lost,they can say it was never received,if you get a rfe ,you can look at the file to see what is missing or what you sent,make copies of every thing and put your alien resgistion number on top right side of the pages,good luck at the interview.

Timeline

Hi kcnca

A general word of advice (especially if you will accompany your 'other' to the interview). Take a copy of EVERYTHING. Whether you've sent it or not. Whether something has been confirmed received or not. Don't gamble with what to take / not take. Make a copy of absolutely everything and take it with you.

Hopefully you've been making copies of everything along the way of your process. But, always remember... cases go through multiple hands and departments. Everything is handled by human beings... and human being make mistakes. The worst thing is to finally reach the golden moment of interview day, and your 'other' doesn't have something the consulate officer may ask for... resulting in delay / RFE.

Best Wishes to You!

~Bleauwolf

yes true always make another set of files, one can get lost,they can say it was never received,if you get a rfe ,you can look at the file to see what is missing or what you sent,make copies of every thing and put your alien resgistion number on top right side of the pages,good luck at the interview.

Thanks I have made copies of everything and kept a copy for my self and sent a copy to my Fiancee some of which I'm waiting for her to receive. I sent them USPS 5 day delivery but they have not been receive yet so much for the 5 day delivery time I sent them over a week ago now going on 10 days so hopefully it will get delivered this week we still have some time and if they don't get there I have copies to bring with me when I go there for her interview.

08/20/11 Married

Filed for AOS

Check cashed 03/26/2012

Waiting for NOA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Thanks I have made copies of everything and kept a copy for my self and sent a copy to my Fiancee some of which I'm waiting for her to receive. I sent them USPS 5 day delivery but they have not been receive yet so much for the 5 day delivery time I sent them over a week ago now going on 10 days so hopefully it will get delivered this week we still have some time and if they don't get there I have copies to bring with me when I go there for her interview.

PERFECT!! :thumbs:

With regards to the divorce documents, get a certified copy to take with you. At our interview, they asked for it. I gave it to them and they returned the uncertified copy that I had sent to USCIS.

7-30-07 - Met in Santa Marta, Colombia

9-19-08 - Engaged

7-13-10 - I-129F sent by USPS Expressmail to VSC;

10-18-10 - NOA2!!!!!!!!!! (Received in hand 10-22-10)

11-12-10 - Sent email to Embassy asking about petition; response "Petition rec'd; send in documents"; sent same day

11-24-10 - Called the Department of State; interview has been scheduled

11-29-10 - Package 3 received by beneficiary

01-19-11 - Interview - VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

01-27-11 - Passport received; visa in hand

02-08-11 - POE - Fort Lauderdale, Fla MISSED FLIGHT; 02-10-11 - POE second time's the charm. Easy POE. Welcome to the USA.

03-04-11 - Married

AOS

05-08-11 - Mailed out I-485, I-765 & I-131;

05-16-11 - Text & email msgs with Receipt Number

05-17-11 - Applied for Expedited AP as Victoria's mother was very ill; 05-18-11 - Picked up AP document

05-20-11 - Victoria returns to Colombia; NOA1 for all 3 forms arrive

06-03-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; RFE 06-07-11 - RFE arrives for 2010 Tax Return

06-08-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; Post Office returned a letter that was sent by USCIS; 06-09-11 - Issue resolved

06-14-11 - RFE response sent; 06-21-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; RFE response under review

06-29-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; Case transferred to CSC

08-30-11 - Victoria returns to US

08-31-11 - Biometrics done; Text message - "EAD Card Production ordered"

09-11 - Case transferred back from CSC

11-22-11 - Interview in Albany Field Office. AOS APPROVED.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.