kirby808

is cfo hard to pass?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey all,

Almost together with my fiance. All that stand left is the CFO class. I was just wondering if it was hard or very intense. Any advice on what goes on there and what my fiance could expect? I just hope its not that hard to get the sticker and stamp.

It's an almost 2 hour seminar about cultural differences, hotlines Filipinos can call when something bad happens (domestic violence). There would be a round table discussion and everyone will talk about the video that will be shown in the seminar. After the group discussion, your fiance will have a one-on-one discussion with one of the counselors. :) It's recommended she take the seminar at the SMEF-COW branch because they have a CFO satellite branch in the building. She won't have to travel to the main office to get the sticker. :)

Feb 22, 2011 - DCF Form I-130 at the US Embassy in Manila.
Mar 14, 2011 - Will call the Embassy Call Center to inquire about the form's status
Mar 21, 2011 - Informed via email, Form I-130 approved
Mar 24, 2011 - Received official NOA
Mar 31, 2011 - Received Packet 3
Apr 05, 2011 - Submitted Packet 3 directly to Embassy
Apr 06, 2011 - Will call to ask for interview schedule
Apr 19, 2011 - Received Interview Request
Apr 28, 2011 - New Passport/Schedule Interview
May 03, 2011 - Medical

Medical Result PASSED!!!!!!

May 13, 2011 - Interview
Interview Result: PASSED!!!!!!!!! Thank you, God!!
VISA ON HAND
May 31, 2011 - POE: JFK
Jun 09, 2011 - Received Green Card
Jul 30, 2011 - Received SSN

2nd Phase of our Journey: Removing of Conditions (I-751)

Mar 08, 2013 - Almost done assembling the packet.
Mar 30, 2013 - Sent I-751 Packet to VSC.
Apr 02, 2013 - Date on NOA1 letter
Apr 04, 2013 - VSC cashed cheque
Apr 06, 2013 - Received NOA 1 letter
July 29, 2013- Approved! WEE!!
Aug 02, 2013- Received 10 yr GC!

A raisin is a grape that worried too much

patrickstar.jpg

GASP!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey all,

Almost together with my fiance. All that stand left is the CFO class. I was just wondering if it was hard or very intense. Any advice on what goes on there and what my fiance could expect? I just hope its not that hard to get the sticker and stamp.

It is not a pass or fail type class, it is informational only like purple turtle says. My wife tells me it has info in case she gets into a bad domestic situation and who to contact (police, clergy etc.).

Your future asawa has no worries with the class................

No its not difficult, she will be okay. It's just a pain because I feel that it was totally worthless and just a huge scam to get money lol.. Just bring the documents :) Congrats :)

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Scam for sure

Among other lies they feed you

They used to / or may still try to get citizens to remit taxes back to Philippines from money earned in the USA

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

There's no such thing as failing it.. Well, there will be people from Metrobank who will suggest that your wife opens an account to be for free.. just more of telling us that we should be smart enough and send money to the PHilippines just in case there will be a domestic violence. They will just talk about some stuff about culture differences. Again, encourage to open an account, haha. I did not open an account with them tho. At the end, pay the fees then done.

October 2008 - we first met each other at work (Makati, Philippines)

February 2010 - we finally admitted that we are in love (yay!)

Mar 18-Apr 5, 2010 - hubby went to the Philippines for vacation to celebrate his birthday

March 31, 2010 - engagement day!! yay!!

August 21-29, 2010 - hubby went back again to PH for the wedding prep

October 19-November 2, 2010 - hubby arrived in PH for our wedding :)

October 23, 2010 - WEDDING DAY!!

March 18-28, 2011 - hubby's visit to Philippines for his bday (2nd bday together)

USCIS Stage - 136 days for USCIS journey

December 2, 2010 - I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

December 6, 2010 - I-130 received!! yay!!

December 13, 2010 - NOA1 text message received!

December 16, 2010 - NOA1 hard copy received in the mail

April 28, 2011 - NOA2!!! Thank you LORD!

NVC Stage - 21 days for NVC journey

May 2, 2011 - NOA2 hard copy received in the mail; NVC received our case

May 6, 2011 - Case number and IIN ; DS3230 sent by beneficiary through email to NVC

May 10, 2011 - AOS bill invoiced and paid

May 13, 2011 - IV bill generated and paid

May 16, 2011 - IV bill shows "PAID" ; AOS and DS230 packets sent to NVC

May 18, 2011 - NVC received both packets

May 19, 2011 - Medical exam - PASSED!!! :)

May 27, 2011 - Sign in Failed and Case Complete!!! Woot!

June 9, 2011 - Interview date assigned

July 14, 2011 - Interview @8:30am - APPROVED!!!!

July 21, 2011 - Visa Received! FINALLY!

July 23, 2011 - POE - Salt Lake City, Utah *home sweet home*

Do not let them force you to open an account. I couldn't believe the lies they were saying when I went. I was the only one among our group who had been to the US before, so they were really trying to say all these things which I know was not true. They told us to open BDO accounts because having a BDO account would help you get one in the US (WTH???) etc etc.. The guy in PRISM also said that even though we already got our visas that they had the final say and they could control whether we could leave the country or not. I was fuming. I hated PRISM. lol.

Not to mention the ridiculous photocopied hand-out that cost Php150. And they did not return my change until I asked for it. I think they were hoping we would forget.

Edited by messybrownhair
My Journey:

I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

What's the best time to go to PRISM?

I'm planning to go there (even if I don't want to!) right after I receive my visa.

Our K1 Visa Timeline

AOS

08-30-2011 - AOS/EAD packet sent

09-12-2011 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD with 09-08 notice date

10-11-2011 - Biometrics appointment (appointment letter received on 09/19)

11-03-2011 - EAD card production request

11-14-2011 - EAD in the mail

12-08-2011 - Interview date (e-mail notification date 11/08) APPROVED!

12-13-2011 - Card production ordered

12-14-2011 - Card mailed to our address

12-17-2011 - Got gc in the mailbox! Valid until 12/13/2013 <wonderful christmas gift>

**No more USCIS for two years**

What's the best time to go to PRISM?

I'm planning to go there (even if I don't want to!) right after I receive my visa.

I attended the morning session, I think 10am? done around 1pm and went to CFO which is 10 minutes away by car, took about 30 minutes to get the sticker.

My Journey:

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Hey all,

Congratz on your visa approval!!! :star:

I saw on your timeline that you guys were approved on May 3. I know you were worried about the interview, but it looks like you prepared a good case. Did you attend the interview with your fiancée like you planned? Did the consular officer accept your cosponsor?

One thing all replies have left out...CFO counslers have a habit of asking for certain documents or they will deny the sticker.. example if you have been divorced they often ask for a copy of ther divorce decree evenm though iy was supplied to the Embassy as part of the package for the interview. They ask for a pic of you and your fiancee also sometimes. Again you will be denied the sticker if she does not ahve it with her. I had my wife take everything she took to the Embassy interview and was glad I did coz they wanted a copy of the divorce decree and a pic of us together. We had to go zeroz a copy coz CFO was too cheap to use their own copy machine. We went to the PRISM on Taft Ave. Best to go to ST Marys andf get this pain in the ####### done. She will eb subject to be asked for anything. :angry:

One thing all replies have left out...CFO counslers have a habit of asking for certain documents or they will deny the sticker.. example if you have been divorced they often ask for a copy of ther divorce decree evenm though iy was supplied to the Embassy as part of the package for the interview. They ask for a pic of you and your fiancee also sometimes. Again you will be denied the sticker if she does not ahve it with her. I had my wife take everything she took to the Embassy interview and was glad I did coz they wanted a copy of the divorce decree and a pic of us together. We had to go zeroz a copy coz CFO was too cheap to use their own copy machine. We went to the PRISM on Taft Ave. Best to go to ST Marys andf get this pain in the ####### done. She will eb subject to be asked for anything. :angry:

This is true. I was not asked for anything though, not even for a picture of us. I guess its a case to case basis. It's always better to be prepared.

My Journey:

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Thanks for the heads up! I do see a lot of people saying SMEF-COW was a better bet for a speedy process :)

Feb 22, 2011 - DCF Form I-130 at the US Embassy in Manila.
Mar 14, 2011 - Will call the Embassy Call Center to inquire about the form's status
Mar 21, 2011 - Informed via email, Form I-130 approved
Mar 24, 2011 - Received official NOA
Mar 31, 2011 - Received Packet 3
Apr 05, 2011 - Submitted Packet 3 directly to Embassy
Apr 06, 2011 - Will call to ask for interview schedule
Apr 19, 2011 - Received Interview Request
Apr 28, 2011 - New Passport/Schedule Interview
May 03, 2011 - Medical

Medical Result PASSED!!!!!!

May 13, 2011 - Interview
Interview Result: PASSED!!!!!!!!! Thank you, God!!
VISA ON HAND
May 31, 2011 - POE: JFK
Jun 09, 2011 - Received Green Card
Jul 30, 2011 - Received SSN

2nd Phase of our Journey: Removing of Conditions (I-751)

Mar 08, 2013 - Almost done assembling the packet.
Mar 30, 2013 - Sent I-751 Packet to VSC.
Apr 02, 2013 - Date on NOA1 letter
Apr 04, 2013 - VSC cashed cheque
Apr 06, 2013 - Received NOA 1 letter
July 29, 2013- Approved! WEE!!
Aug 02, 2013- Received 10 yr GC!

A raisin is a grape that worried too much

patrickstar.jpg

GASP!

Chinook attended PRISM.

Some people at the seminar did not have the documents that PRISM asked for. Those people passed the seminar anyway.

Hey all,

My understanding is --You only '' fail ''if you fail to show up .It is easy as abc :thumbs:

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.