fortune

what letter from employer??

8 posts in this topic

I have started my new job since may,200, previously i worked for the company for 2 years. Since, I have been working here for only four months,are this enough months? or should i ask my previous employer for the letter as well??'

PD-3 NoV 2004

WL received 30 June 2015

CC 21 September 2015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You need only a letter from your current employer, the letter indicates that they plan on keeping you around. There is no limit on how long you have worked for your current one.

You can submit past 6 months pay stubs which would include last 2 months from the previous employer as evidence of income.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

You don't NEED a letter, unless they ask for one (or pay stubs either):

From USCIS:

Q. Does the final rule change the instructions for preparing the Affidavit of Support?

A. Yes. The final rule requires each sponsor to submit as initial evidence only his or her single most recent federal tax return rather than a return from each of the sponsor’s three most recent tax years, pay stub(s) covering the most recent six months, and an employer letter.

From another USCIS site:

You may include evidence supporting your claim about your expected income for the current year if you believe that submitting this evidence will help you establish ability tomaintain sufficient income. You are not required to submitthis evidence, however, unless specifically instructed to do so by a Government official. For example, you may include a recent letter from your employer, showing your employer's address and telephone number, and indicating your annual salary. You may also provide pay stub(s) showing your income for the previous six months. If your claimed income includes alimony, child support, dividend or interest income,or income from any other source, you may also include evidence of that income.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Pleae read the I-864 instructions it says exactly what you need in a employment letter. ie starting date of employment, Salary, Job Title description etc.

Thanks

Sham

CR1

12/19/2005: I130 Mailed.

12/22/2005: I130 NOA1 (Notice Date).

05/04/2006: I130 NOA2 (Approval).

05/17/2006: NVC assinged case#

05/29/2006: DS3032 and AOS bill fee generated.

06/01/2006: DS3032 and AOS bill fee sent, Express usps mail.

06/16/2006: Received IV Bill form and I-864 package.

06/19/2006: Send IV bill and I-864 express usps mail.

06/22/2006: IV bill fee entered in NVC system.

06/30/2006: DS-230 has generated

06/31/2006: Received DS-230.

07/10/2006: Sent DS-230

07/28/2006: Sent Passport Biographic page. Delayed because of name change.

08/08/2006: Case Complete @ NVC

08/17/2006: Case forwarded to embassy.

09/07/2006: Spouse received Packet 3.5 from embassy.

09/18/2006: Spouse send packet 3.5 to embassy.

10/20/2006: Wife arrived in US.

I29F K3

05/01/2006: I129F sent.

05/15/2006: I129F NOA1.

08/07/2006: Email approval notificationl of I129F.

08/14/2006: Case forwarded to embassy.

08/28/2006: Spouse recieved packet 3.5 and date of interview.

09/05/2006: Embassy canceld K3, since CR-1 @ embassy.

Timeline

That should work for your visa type.

Edited by YuAndDan

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Timeline

That should work for your visa type.

what should work my visa type???

You have in your profile CR-1/IR-1 Or are you doing a K1 or K3?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
I have started my new job since may,200, previously i worked for the company for 2 years. Since, I have been working here for only four months,are this enough months? or should i ask my previous employer for the letter as well??'

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/in...nfo_1328.html#7

What income documentation is required?

With their Form, I-864, the sponsor is required to submit an IRS transcript or photocopy of only the most recent Federal income tax return. However, the sponsor may, at his or her option, submit Federal income tax returns for the three most recent years if the sponsor believes these additional tax returns may help establish the sponsor's ability to maintain his or her household income at the applicable threshold set forth in the poverty guidelines. The consular officer will determine whether the income stated by the sponsor and documented in the tax return and any other evidence meets the poverty guidelines in effect as of the time of the I-864 was filed with the National Visa Center, the U.S. embassy or consulate. If the income stated by the sponsor does not meet the poverty guidelines then the consular officer may request the sponsor may submit current year income information for additional evidence to reach a determination. If the sponsor is relying on income from any household member or dependents to reach the minimum income requirement, an IRS-issued transcript or a copy of each individual's most recent tax return is also required, and each person must complete a Form I-864A, Contract Between Sponsor and Household member. The consular officer may ask for additional income documentation, such as employment letter.

You may include evidence supporting your claim about your expected income for the current year if you believe that submitting this evidence will help you establish ability tomaintain sufficient income. You are not required to submit this evidence, however, unless specifically instructed to do so by a Government official. For example, you may include a recent letter from your employer, showing your employer'saddress and telephone number, and indicating your annual salary. You may also provide pay stub(s) showing yourincome for the previous six months. If your claimed income includes alimony, child support, dividend or interest income,or income from any other source, you may also includeevidence of that income.
- bolded by me.

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/I-864.pdf - item 23

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.