desi78

Form I693, Medical Examination

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My wife and I are getting ready to file our adjustment of status. I believe we have everything in order, except for medical examination. She did come here on K1 finace visa, and we are filing her AOS within the year time frame. I do not believe her medical was incomplete.

I am confused as to whether or not we are to submit the form. I know she does not need to go to the civil surgeon, but what about the form? Are we still to file one? If so, what else is needed?

Thanks

Get the form completed and submit it anyways. It is like $75 and a couple of hours of your time which is a lot better than a RFE and weeks or months in delay of AOS.

That was my choice

USCIS

Nov 04, 2010 - Sent out i-129f

Nov 10, 2010 - Packet received

Nov 11, 2010 - NOA1

Nov 16, 2010 - 'touched'

Jan 25, 2011 - APPROVED!! NOA2 !! WOWZERS!

NVC

Jan 28, 2011 - Received, case number assigned

Feb 01, 2011 - Mailed to US Embassy in Buenos Aires

Embassy

Feb 08, 2011 - Received Packet 3 from US Embassy

Feb 22, 2011 - Handed Pack 3 directly to Embassy

Mar 16, 2011 - Call from Embassy for Interview

Mar 17, 2011 - Interview - APPPPPPRROOOVVEEEEEDDDDDDDDD

Mar 29, 2011 - K1 Received

Mar 31, 2011 - POE Houston (no hassle)

Apr 01, 2011 - Married

AOS, EAD, ETC

Apr 01, 2011 - Filed for SSN

Apr 14, 2011 - Received SSN

Apr 21, 2011 - Mailed AOS, EAD packet via overnight

Apr 22, 2011 - Confirmed USPS del of packet

May 31, 2011 - NOA1 Email

Jun 07, 2011 - Hard Copy NOA1

Jun 07, 2011 - RFE email

Jun 20, 2011 - RFE hard copy (due in 87 days)

Jun 21, 2011 - RFE mailed out

Jun 22, 2011 - Biometrics in Boston

Jun 29, 2011 - 'touched'

Jun 30, 2011 - Travel Doc approved

Jul 07, 2011 - Work authorization approved

Jul 11, 2011 - Work Authorization received

Jul 13, 2011 - Received notice for interview Aug 15

Aug 15, 2011 - Approved! FINALLY DONE! (for now)

Oct 03, 2011 - Finally got the damn GC, except they put issue date 2007, expiration 2009 instead of issue 2011 expiration 2013. Rather than reissue the damn thing, they sent an i-90 form to complete and request a new one! Why?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The 693 vaccination record form must be completed by a civil surgeon so yes you would have to go to one. You cannot just fill it out yourself.

You do not need a full new medical tho and the civil surgeons are very likely to tell you that you do need a new one and all kinds of crazy prices. Call around until you find one that will just do the vaccination record portion as that is all you need.

If the vaccination record from the immigration medical in Canada is incomplete, the 693 vaccination portion will be needed.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

As I understand it, the medical result info is all in the sealed packet that will be handed over at the POE and sent to USCIS.

Will they ever get back to us so that we can use them for AOS?

Should my fiancee bring additional documents (immunization records, etc) for the I-693?

Timeline

She should have a copy of the vaccination part from the immigration medical in her country.

She would take this part to the civil surgeon with the vaccination part from the 693.

The civil surgeon would then take thos papers and transcribe the shots from the first medical onto the 693.

Then the civil surgeon will stamp sign and seal it in an envelope, and give you a copy of the 693 he just filled out.

keep the copy and send the original that he sealed up, with your AOS papers.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

She should have gotten a vaccination worksheet from the panel physician in Canada. It will be a grid with a row for each vaccine they require, and several columns for indicating whether she has had that particular vaccine, or the reason why not.

In my case, I only had about 3 of the vaccines checked in the "Complete" column, and the rest were checked in the "Age Inappropriate" column.

My understanding is that unless there is a check in the "Complete" column for every single vaccine (which is quite unlikely), it is best to have this information transferred to an I-693 by a civil surgeon in the US, particularly if this can be done for a decent price. The CS will fill out the first, and last sections of the I-693, and the one section in the middle that contains the vaccination info. then they seal it in an envelope and you include the sealed envelope with your AOS packet.

Some people have had success just sending in the vaccination worksheet, but some have not. It's a 50-50 roll of the dice.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

My wife and I are getting ready to file our adjustment of status. I believe we have everything in order, except for medical examination. She did come here on K1 finace visa, and we are filing her AOS within the year time frame. I do not believe her medical was incomplete.

I am confused as to whether or not we are to submit the form. I know she does not need to go to the civil surgeon, but what about the form? Are we still to file one? If so, what else is needed?

Thanks

Some people file without the 693 from the CS and are approved. Some receive RFEs for it. The VJ Guides suggest to do it as there is no harm in providing it. You want her vaccinations records transcribed by a CS onto the approprate 693 sections. We did this and had no issues. Your gamble, your choice.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.