Neonred

Married 3 Months

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Well, we have been married a little more than three months and here are some of my observations:

Before comming to the US she was very particular about shoes (you guys know what I am talking about). Only perfect European shoes with heals...the taller the better. I had tried to buy her comfortable "sport shoes" on several of my trips, such as Nike or Reebock, but she said "NO WAY!" Well guess what she has now.....SPORT SHOES!! (Although I will admit she still wears them much less than 50% of the time)

Although she doesn't drive she always had a thing for small cars and couldn't understand the love of the SUV. I have a small economy daily driver and a large SUV for trips and towing. She calls the SUV the "Blue Monster" and was a little reluctant to ride in it, and complained about the "petrol usage". Now after several trips she loves the "Blue Monster" because of its soft and comfortable ride and quietness.

When she first arrived she inspected my washer and that other thing that I explained to her was a "clothes dryer" She didn't care for my old fashioned top loader washing machine, and told me "We don't need a clothes dryer. We will buy a clothes line for outside and save electricity." The clothes line was great, until it started to rain every afternoon. Finally she was forced to use the dryer. Now I am afraid I might as well throw out that clothes line as I am sure it will never be used again! Ditto on that thing they call a "dishwasher"

After the first week I looked in my closet for some old work clothes and discovered the "clothes KGB" had come and cleared out all work clothes and sent them away, presumably to a work camp in Siberia never to be seen again.

One more thing.........OMG, she has discovered ebay! What a surprise when after she spent two days bidding and won too much jewelry and then told me, "Oh, I don't think I want any of it. Tell them I have changed my mind!" She says "What do you mean I HAVE to buy it now....I don't want it. I was just playing!!" LOL

Every day is a new adventure, and I love her dearly!

Edited by Neonred

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

:lol: Something to look forward to, my girl asks about washer, dryer, and dish washer in our conversations. I know the differences in way of life will be fun to discover!

Enjoy the adventure!

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

This was a great read Neon, thanks. (I'm still having a chuckle as I know I'm going to go through all of this very soon.)

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Well, we have been married a little more than three months and here are some of my observations:

Before comming to the US she was very particular about shoes (you guys know what I am talking about). Only perfect European shoes with heals...the taller the better. I had tried to buy her comfortable "sport shoes" on several of my trips, such as Nike or Reebock, but she said "NO WAY!" Well guess what she has now.....SPORT SHOES!! (Although I will admit she still wears them much less than 50% of the time)

Although she doesn't drive she always had a thing for small cars and couldn't understand the love of the SUV. I have a small economy daily driver and a large SUV for trips and towing. She calls the SUV the "Blue Monster" and was a little reluctant to ride in it, and complained about the "petrol usage". Now after several trips she loves the "Blue Monster" because of its soft and comfortable ride and quietness.

When she first arrived she inspected my washer and that other thing that I explained to her was a "clothes dryer" She didn't care for my old fashioned top loader washing machine, and told me "We don't need a clothes dryer. We will buy a clothes line for outside and save electricity." The clothes line was great, until it started to rain every afternoon. Finally she was forced to use the dryer. Now I am afraid I might as well throw out that clothes line as I am sure it will never be used again! Ditto on that thing they call a "dishwasher"

After the first week I looked in my closet for some old work clothes and discovered the "clothes KGB" had come and cleared out all work clothes and sent them away, presumably to a work camp in Siberia never to be seen again.

One more thing.........OMG, she has discovered ebay! What a surprise when after she spent two days bidding and won too much jewelry and then told me, "Oh, I don't think I want any of it. Tell them I have changed my mind!" She says "What do you mean I HAVE to buy it now....I don't want it. I was just playing!!" LOL

Every day is a new adventure, and I love her dearly!

Thanks NEON! My Fiance and I talk every weekend and email every day since I was in Russia. We talk about these things and at times I don't think she believes me. Her Hot water is always being turned off in her Mothers apartment or it is shut off all together. I feel very bad for her and assure her that at our house, such things will never happen. I feel good knowing that she realy just wants to be with me as I do with her and none of these things matter. But after she comes to the US and moves into the house, I think she is going to be surprised by amny things that I take for granted.

PS. I plan on taking at least two weeks off work when she arrives just to help her acclimate to the suroundings.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Awesome read Neonred. It's funny because my fiance knows someone that has come to America and she returned to say that America is a Paradise. I've been to Russia 4 times and I know it will be very different for her. But it will be fun for sure. I think she will get lost in my house 3 levels 1500 sq. ft. per level. Compared to her three room flat. But I know she'll love it.

16/10/2006- Interview date- I'm nervous and my fiance is cool calm and collective. And she's the one that has to do the interview.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Has she discovered the world of soap opera? When my hubby first got here he was like why are u sooo fixated on this? But every once in a while i find him grilling me abt whats happening on One Life to Live, lol

Edited by Angel7422

f68cm6.png

4/7/08 -------> Rec'd email from USCIS showing Card Ordered, Woot Woot

4/14/08 -----> 10 yr green card in hand

Citizenship Timeline

8/20/08 -------> Mailed N-400 to TSC

8/21/08 -------> N-400 rec'd by TSC @ 10:42 am signed for by C Maxa

8/26/08 -------> Check cashed

8/28/08 -------> Called USCIS was told biometrics scheduled for Sept 12 @ 3 pm

9/02/08 -------> Received NOA 1 showing receipt date as August 22, 2008

9/02/08 -------> Received bio appt by snail mail verifying scheduled date as 9/12 @ 3 pm

9/12/08 -------> Fingerprints taken

12/16/08------> Interview @ 10:05 am [PASSED]; OAth given at 2 pm

***MY HUSBAND IS NOW A USC***

12/29/08 -----> Filed for US passport book and passport card for my husband

01/08/09 -----> Rec'd US passport book in mail today; still waiting for card and return of natz cert

1/10/09 ------> Rec'd US passport card and Natz cert.

Timeline
Has she discovered the world of soap opera? When my hubby first got here he was like why are u sooo fixated on this? But every once in a while i find him grilling me abt whats happening on One Life to Live, lol

No she is not watching the soaps, but she enjoys watching movies, and has discovered Hollywood Video and now Netflix (DVD's by mail) and she wants to check out Moscowflix too.

Edited by Neonred

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

Moscowflix?

More please! (Going to go google it... but what's been your experience with it so far?)

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Haven't tried www.Moscowflix.com yet but we have checked the website and it looks interesting. She really wants me to see some of her favorite movies. Let you know when we give it a try. Some of the movies have English subtitles....and I definitely need that!

Looks like a cool website. Definitely good for the ladies to keep up with movies from back home. (And hopefully helpful for us to learn the language!)

Русский форум член.

Filed: Timeline

Thanks to you all for sharing these lovely learning experiences I needed something to lighten up my heart. Believe it or not I was born and raised here and to this day I still dont know how to use a dish washer. Im first generation American. My parents came from Mexico so my mom was never into the dish washer thing, and our house has never had one either. When I went off to college my roomates would crack up at me cause I would always wash dishes by hand. One time the asked me how come I dont use the washer and I said well... I don't know how to use it and it looks too complicated. That was enough for them to crack up for days. After years of hard work my my parents are finally moving into a nice house with all the upgrades and ameneties and low and behold there is a dish washer and all which my mom has already said she will use it just to store dishes as she claims that using it will waste more water than if we just wash dishes by hand. She still thinks this after 30+ years of living in the usa. I guess some times you really cant change old ways. She says that washing in the sink is a cinh compared to having to walk miles to bring water in buckets back home from a well or a river. Every time I hear stories like that I guess washing in the sink really does not sound so bad! LOL Amazing how we do take things for granted and we never realize it.

Edited by The_dip_sticks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Sorry for reviving this thread, but we've been using russiantvonline.com and are happy with the results. Set up one of my old 21" monitors on her system so she could watch it from the downstairs sofa.

Live news, movies, as well as archived movies you can watch anytime. 9 bux a month and it ain't hdtv or anything, but it is a heck of a lot better than the reception you'll get in Russia on a set of rabbit ears.

Yes Red Foreman, call me a dumbass

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Gee, people, where do you find those women? In isolated Siberian villages?

08/24/2005 - Arrived in the U.S. as an F-1 student.

01/25/2006 - Married my LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

***AOS***

08/29/2006 - Medical

09/13/2006 - Package sent to Chicago

09/15/2006 - Package received in Chicago

09/23/2006 - Checks cashed

09/25/2006 - NOA for I-130, AOS and EAD

09/26/2006 - All forms touched

10/05/2006 - I-130 and EAD touched

10/10/2006 - I-130 and EAD touched again

10/10/2006 - RFE for AOS (email). Grrr...

10/11/2006 - RFE received. It's for I-864...

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Actually Anna (my fiance) lives in a city the size of some of the major metropolitan areas in America. She is from Saratov and tells me of times where they shut her hot water off or there will be electrical blackouts. I do not think America is better than Russia I just think it is different and I dont think she is trading a life of poverty for a life of luxury. I spent a week there and I think Russians are very resourceful and very adaptable. I think being happy is more about living your life rather than collecting things or having an easy or convienent life.

I would never presume to tell Anna that she is so lucky to be moving here. If she is it is because of the life we will build together not because of the things that are different in America versus Russia. She loves her family and when I here her talk about her times with her family they are joyous and they seem very happy. She does not bemoan her life in Russia. Russia is what it is and it is what you make of it. No more No less.

Paul misses Anna

Timeline
Gee, people, where do you find those women? In isolated Siberian villages?
By definition isolated Siberian village wouldn't have internet access to connect to the American men who go bride shopping.

But I've been to one of those isolated Siberian villages, and even though my wife is from a big a city in Siberia I fail to see the city / rural distinction.

The city people are just as resourceful and tied down to the land as the village people. The lack of American comforts is pretty much equal whether you are in the city or the village. Even indoor plumbing, electricity, and heating acts up in the typical Russian city.

Although I did find Moscow to be much different, but just one step to the suburbs a few train stops away and it is right back to the Siberian livelihood.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.