Mrsm31

Help Urgent Employment Question!!!??

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi

I am a independent contractor at my job but I work full time there I just have to pay my own taxes

So should my boss put down that I am a Independent contractor there or should she just fill it out as regular employment under the james shortcut link or self employment letter template???

or should she add this in her letter, this what somebody said she should put in my employment letter

Ms.mrsm31 is employed with our company as a private contractor since June 2007. She is paid directly for the service provided and is required to pay and file her own taxes. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of further assistance to you. Sincerely, company(ceo,supervisor or director)

please help

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

No I was paid on at 1099 so what are you saying she cannot say I work for her?? I do work for her this do not make sense

My bad not 1040, I meant 1099, she can say you have done work for you but she cannot claim you as an employee.

Coz you are not on her payroll, she is not doing W2s for you.

Filed: Other Timeline

You are self-employed. You work as an independent contractor. Basis for your 1040 is the 1099. Nothing wrong with that and no need to fabricate anything. Tell it as it is.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

My bad not 1040, I meant 1099, she can say you have done work for you but she cannot claim you as an employee.

Coz you are not on her payroll, she is not doing W2s for you.

Okay harsh you got all the answers what should we do what is your soluction because you are making it seem like

you cannot work as a contractor full time like it not a job.. I work full time and everything with this company they just make me responsible for my own taxes.. she is in the middle of writing my letter so what is it you think she should do how should it be done

You are self-employed. You work as an independent contractor. Basis for your 1040 is the 1099. Nothing wrong with that and no need to fabricate anything. Tell it as it is.

Listen I am not trying to fabricate anything so what should she put in that I am a contractor ??? can she still write the letter for me and put it there that I am contactor worker for her??? I even get a salary every week working for her??? I am telling it like it is, I am going by the james nvcshortcut he got one for employee and one for self employment letter template

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi

I am a independent contractor at my job but I work full time there I just have to pay my own taxes

So should my boss put down that I am a Independent contractor there or should she just fill it out as regular employment under the james shortcut link or self employment letter template???

or should she add this in her letter, this what somebody said she should put in my employment letter

Ms.mrsm31 is employed with our company as a private contractor since June 2007. She is paid directly for the service provided and is required to pay and file her own taxes. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of further assistance to you. Sincerely, company(ceo,supervisor or director)

please help

You are making this way to complicated for yourself. Whether you are a Independant Contractor or as a Regular Employee. Your Income is what Counts. It does not matter whether you pay your own Taxes or if they are deducted from your Paycheck. (As long as you File at the end of the year and your Income meets the Requirements)

The other side of this is: Maybe, I don't know? 2010 maybe was shy a few dollars, I don't know. That can be made up for by Currant Income.

Even though your are Independent and your Employer will give you a letter stating GROSS INCOME. That is Sufficient.

Makes no Difference if your Independant and pay your own taxes or whether the Employer takes them out.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Timeline

Okay harsh you got all the answers what should we do what is your soluction because you are making it seem like

you cannot work as a contractor full time like it not a job.. I work full time and everything with this company they just make me responsible for my own taxes.. she is in the middle of writing my letter so what is it you think she should do how should it be done

My first question would be what is she writing this letter for, what is the purpose of this letter and whom are u submitting this letter to.

Well Bob is just saying if you are using a letter for immigration keep is honest, if you are employe then say employe if you are not then dont ask your boss to put as emplye, coz that can create probs for both you and your employer.

Timeline

My first question would be what is she writing this letter for, what is the purpose of this letter and whom are u submitting this letter to.

Well Bob is just saying if you are using a letter for immigration keep is honest, if you are employe then say employe if you are not then dont ask your boss to put as emplye, coz that can create probs for both you and your employer.

Simply show Income. Gross Pay and last years Tax Return (If asked, have 2 years back) Show Currant Income GROSS PAY before taxes. PERIOD.

I myself, am struggling with this Issue.

Give us a Estimate what your concern is about Meeting the Requirements? (Income) Well help! :hehe:

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Simply show Income. Gross Pay and last years Tax Return (If asked, have 2 years back) Show Currant Income GROSS PAY before taxes. PERIOD.

I myself, am struggling with this Issue.

Give us a Estimate what your concern is about Meeting the Requirements? (Income) Well help! :hehe:

Hey Tim I am writing the letter for my aos!! i do not have any pay stubs

also I do have all 3 of my tax year return i made over 20,030 last year.. I make 18,960.00 at my current job and she is going to state that in my letter

Hi

please help

I am in the same shoes you are. To make you feel better just fill out your I-864 as self employed and have your employer write your letter anyway. My employer wrote my letter stating I work for the company as a 1099 employee and have been for 3years. I felt it was better to do it this way and my employer agreed.

02/22/2011-Married!!!!
03/02/2011-Sent I-130
03/03/2011-NOA1 text&email
03/07/2011-Touched
03/13/2011-NOA1 hardcopy

03/25/2011-Spontaneous visit to my Honey!!!!
06/10/2011-Honeymoon Visit!!!6/13-6/18-Puerto Plata
06/19/2011-Back to the waiting game sad.png

06/23/2011-NOA2 Email
08/08/2011-NVC Received my case
08/17/2011-Got Case #

08/18/2011-Received DS3032/AOS fee Email
08/18/2011-Paid AOS fee/Emailed DS3032 template

08/22/2011-DS-3032 Accepted!!!
08/24/2011-Received IV Bill
08/24/2011-Paid IV Bill!!!!

08/29/2011-Mailed DS-230 package
09/02/2011-NVC Received DS-230 (waiting on AOS)
10/12/2011-Finally sent I-864(waiting on sponsor)
10/13/2011-NVC received I-864 package

10/18/2011-Case complete!!!!
12/08/2011-Interview Date!!!!!!!!(VISA APPROVED FINALLY!!!!)
12/16/2011-POE Orlando FL
03/28/2013-NOA1 for both Stepdaughters

01/06/2014-NOA2 for stepdaughters

01/21/2014-NVC received both cases

02/27/2014-Received case #ers

03/04/2014-Received AOS Bill/DS-261 Email(system won't allow me to pay bill cray5ol.gif )

Timeline

Hey Tim I am writing the letter for my aos!! i do not have any pay stubs

also I do have all 3 of my tax year return i made over 20,030 last year.. I make 18,960.00 at my current job and she is going to state that in my letter

You are looking Fine then. If just the 2 of you and you have Proof. The Income Requirement is about $ 18, 318.00.

Close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But making it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Timeline

You can include your tax returns from last 3 years, which I am sure you filed.

That clearly show you were working as an ind comtractor and whtever income you had is clearly stated on the tax returns.

The only thing is your current client can write you letter which shows you are stillworking for them, means it could be asumed you would still be making approx same amount this year as well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.