Sarah&Michael

K2 turning 18 before interview

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks for any input!

My son will turn 18 on July 11 and we can't locate his father therefore he has to wait and get his passport himself. He has been included in my K1 petition. Do I need another form or him being included in K1 is enough? Do I have to take anything else into consideration due to him being 18 at the time of interview? Do you know if all interviews for K1 are open in Juarez?

Thanks again :)

01-03-2011 129F sent

01-12-2011 NOA1

02-23-2011 Touched

05-02-2011 NOA2

05-16-2011 Packet 3 received

07-27-2011 Medical

07-28-2011 ASC

08-01-2011 Interview & approved!

08-03-2011 Got the visas!

08-04-2011 POE Juarez, 5 minutes at 6:10 am!!

08-19-2011 Married

10-19-2011 AOS package sent

11-08-2011 AOS package re-sent

11-22-2011 NOA1 date

12-20-2011 BIO apointment

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks for any input!

My son will turn 18 on July 11 and we can't locate his father therefore he has to wait and get his passport himself. He has been included in my K1 petition. Do I need another form or him being included in K1 is enough? Do I have to take anything else into consideration due to him being 18 at the time of interview? Do you know if all interviews for K1 are open in Juarez?

Thanks again :)

Hi Sarah&Michael,

As part of the K1 his K2 is initiated. There are no forms needed to generate the K2. His age should be fine since I believe he needs only be under the age of 21. My fiancees daughter is 17 and her son is 18. I am making sure they have their birth certificates "apostillado" in order for the embassy to acept them. Also I am making sure they have all of their vaccinations taken care of and stamped with the dates taken; my fiancee says she has the booklette for both of their shots. She recently completed her shots as well.

God willing when we get our NOA2 approval I will be working on getting my affidavit of support completed with 3 yrs of federal income tax returns. Also a letter from my employer on company letterhead stating my employment status. I plan on having more proof of ongoing relationship since I expect to travel to Mexico to delivery my part of the packet 3 requirements to my fiancee.

I understand only hte beneficiary can enter the consulate for the interview. There are excellent reviews posted from recent VJer's experiences. The process has changed where you need to get the AOS done one day prior to the Medical and the medical should be one day prior to your interview appointment.

Hope this helps you as I have gathered this wealth of information from our wonderful members who have shared it. This is my second K1 I've applied for so I am familiar with the process. Any quetions please message me if you wish.

eff

:)

Jan 18 2011 => I-129F sent

Jan 26 2011 => E-Notification & Text Message received

Jan 26 2011 => Check cashed

Jan 31 2011 => NOA1 Hard Copy Received dated 1/25/2011

May 18 2011 => E-Mail RFE Notification

May 23 2011 => RFE Hard copy Received

May 24 2011 => Mailed RFE back to CSC

May 25 2011 => CSC e-mailed confirming RFE reply accepted. Awaiting decision.....

Jun 01 2011 => E-Mailed NOA2 Approval

Jun 06 2011 => NOA2 Hard copy received in mail

Jun 16 2011 => NVC Received Petition

Jun 17 2011 => NVC Sent Petition to CDJ

Jul 11 2011 => SUPPOSEDLY CDJ SENT PKT 3

Aug 11 2011 => NEVER RECEIVED PKT 3 and finally CDJ asnwered questions to proceed with making Consulate Appt

Aug 23 2011 => INTERVIEW DATE. Never told we were approved. Had to wait for decision from DHL Package!

Aug 30 2011 => Received DHL Package. Found we were aproved!!!

Sep 02 2011 => POE CDJ

Sep 04 2011 => My Babe is home at last!!!

Sep 2011 => Wedding

" Con Amor todo se Puede! "

Eff Y Ros por Siempre!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Sarah&Michael,

As part of the K1 his K2 is initiated. There are no forms needed to generate the K2. His age should be fine since I believe he needs only be under the age of 21. My fiancees daughter is 17 and her son is 18. I am making sure they have their birth certificates "apostillado" in order for the embassy to acept them. Also I am making sure they have all of their vaccinations taken care of and stamped with the dates taken; my fiancee says she has the booklette for both of their shots. She recently completed her shots as well.

Not quite correct... Don't confuse the petition with the K-1 or K-2. While it is correct that there is nothing more on the I-129F petition for the child other than to list his name, but once the petition has been approved, several forms & and a medical are required (DS-156 et al) at the consulate if he wants to apply for the K-2

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks to both. So what should I do with the medical for the kids, since it takes 3 days? they take theirs on Monday, then I go take mine on Wednesday and I pick all the results on THursday?

Also, you mean the petition for fiance has been approved by their approving form I-129F, and now I need to fill other documents for the kids? I will do more research on that, thanks a lot :)

01-03-2011 129F sent

01-12-2011 NOA1

02-23-2011 Touched

05-02-2011 NOA2

05-16-2011 Packet 3 received

07-27-2011 Medical

07-28-2011 ASC

08-01-2011 Interview & approved!

08-03-2011 Got the visas!

08-04-2011 POE Juarez, 5 minutes at 6:10 am!!

08-19-2011 Married

10-19-2011 AOS package sent

11-08-2011 AOS package re-sent

11-22-2011 NOA1 date

12-20-2011 BIO apointment

Timeline

Thanks to both. So what should I do with the medical for the kids, since it takes 3 days? they take theirs on Monday, then I go take mine on Wednesday and I pick all the results on THursday?

Also, you mean the petition for fiance has been approved by their approving form I-129F, and now I need to fill other documents for the kids? I will do more research on that, thanks a lot :)

I was answering the K2 question you had since when I went through this process in my prior petition, I was confused at that time as to what paperwork was needed to generate the K2. Well it is born as part of your initial K1 approval (NOA2). You'll be getting a Packet 3 from CDJ. There will be instructions as to forms you need to fill out for your consulate visit/interview process. The Step-By-Step Guides for K1 found in the FAQs are excellent : http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

I was also letting you know what I was preparing for the K2's on my current K1 petition. It's good to have all the medical vaccinations done ahead of time if you can. Every embassy has their own unique process and reading the reviews for CDJ they have recently made changes as i noted above. Some VJer's have recently posted their reviews as seen here: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Mexico

I believe when you take your medical you will probably need to have the kids with you. Plus proof of already have taken your AOS prior to the medical. And the results aparently are ready the next day and given to you in a 'sealed envelope.' Instructions will probably state to not open the sealed envelope and deliver them to the consulate for the interview.

I hope this answers your questions and by no means do i intend to miss direct you.

A sus ordenes,

E&R4ever

P.S. There are also payments that need to be done and they are explained in the reviews. eff :)

May 25 2011 => CSC e-mailed confirming RFE reply accepted. Awaiting decision.....

Aug 11 2011 => NEVER RECEIVED PKT 3 and finally CDJ asnwered questions to proceed with making Consulate Appt

Aug 23 2011 => INTERVIEW DATE. Never told we were approved. Had to wait for decision from DHL Package!

Sep 02 2011 => POE CDJ

Sep 2011 => Wedding

Eff Y Ros por Siempre!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was answering the K2 question you had since when I went through this process in my prior petition, I was confused at that time as to what paperwork was needed to generate the K2. Well it is born as part of your initial K1 approval (NOA2). You'll be getting a Packet 3 from CDJ. There will be instructions as to forms you need to fill out for your consulate visit/interview process. The Step-By-Step Guides for K1 found in the FAQs are excellent : http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

I was also letting you know what I was preparing for the K2's on my current K1 petition. It's good to have all the medical vaccinations done ahead of time if you can. Every embassy has their own unique process and reading the reviews for CDJ they have recently made changes as i noted above. Some VJer's have recently posted their reviews as seen here: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Mexico

Your still confused.. A K-1 is a visa type. NOA2 is a petition approval NOT K-1 approval. The I-129F petition approval is merely the USCIS acknowledging that the alien has had there eligibility reviewed and now is eligible to apply for a visa. Nothing more and far from a visa approval.

YMMV

Timeline

Your still confused.. A K-1 is a visa type. NOA2 is a petition approval NOT K-1 approval. The I-129F petition approval is merely the USCIS acknowledging that the alien has had there eligibility reviewed and now is eligible to apply for a visa. Nothing more and far from a visa approval.

Uncle uncle. I give.... Thank you for clarifying the whole K1 process. 1,000 pardons.

Sep 02 2011 => POE CDJ

Sep 2011 => Wedding

Eff Y Ros por Siempre!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.