James and Cynthia

She will be here in 1 day.

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

After meeting my fiancee more than 2.5 years ago while working in PI, she will finally be here tomorrow morning. Wow. I can't explain how I feel. It still seems like a dream. I am so very excited, and so is all of my family. I have two weeks off from work, so this will be my best vacation ever.

We have decided to stay home for a couple days so that she and her daughter can settle in, then we are going on vacation. I will take her to Mt. Hood to go inner-tubing on the snow. I will take her daughter to the enchanted forest, something my kids always loved at that age. We will then go to southern oregon to visit my father for a couple days, and then drive back north along the coast line.

Thank you VJ friends for making this possible. We could not have done this so smoothly without your help.

-James

Congrats James, to you and Cynthia and your daughter! Hope U have a Happy and Prosperous Life together!

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Congratulations, I still remember when I had picked Meryll up at the airport!!

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

After meeting my fiancee more than 2.5 years ago while working in PI, she will finally be here tomorrow morning. Wow. I can't explain how I feel. It still seems like a dream. I am so very excited, and so is all of my family. I have two weeks off from work, so this will be my best vacation ever.

We have decided to stay home for a couple days so that she and her daughter can settle in, then we are going on vacation. I will take her to Mt. Hood to go inner-tubing on the snow. I will take her daughter to the enchanted forest, something my kids always loved at that age. We will then go to southern oregon to visit my father for a couple days, and then drive back north along the coast line.

Thank you VJ friends for making this possible. We could not have done this so smoothly without your help.

-James

When you get a chance, post on here what the meeting was like. I bet that's going to be a happy story that's tough to put into words.

Congratulations. :thumbs:

James...I can tell you from experience that your visa journey is about to get a lot better! :D

They are going to love the Oregon coast.

Don't forget to take them to the Portland zoo.

Best wishes to you and yours. :star:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Great news!!! Congratulations and best wishes! :dance:

AOS Journey

09/08/2011 ~ NOA1 for AOS,EAD & AP

09/09/2011 ~ Text & email notification

09/10/2011 ~ Updated!

09/19/2011 ~ ASC Appointment Notice date for 10/17/2011 Biometrics Appointment

09/30/2011 ~ Email notification - AOS was transferred to another office

10/06/2011 ~ Received hardcopy of AOS CSC Transfer Notice.. 9:45 pm Updated!

10/07/2011 ~ Biometrics walk in SUCCESSFUL!!!

11/02/2011 ~ EAD Card/Document Production

11/07/2011 ~ EAD updated

11/08/2011 ~ EAD Post Decision Activity

11/12/2011 ~ EAD/AP card on hand!!!

02/02/2012 ~ RFE for lost medical and divorce decree, got the notice on Feb. 9, 2012

02/17/2012 ~ Submitted rfe, USCIS received it Feb. 21,2012

03/08/2012 ~ Card/Doc production, Decision

March 15,2012 ~ GC on hand! Permanent Resident since 28 February 2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats James I know you are feeling like a refreshed man right about now. :thumbs:

THOM AND KIM's JOURNEY

Aug 31, 2010 - I-129F package sent to VSC

Sept 2, 2010 - NOA-1 hard copy received

Sept 5, 2010 - Check cashed

Nov 29, 2010 - Case Touched

Feb 25, 2011 - Contacted Senator

Feb 28, 2011 - NOA2 APPROVED **179 Days since NOA1 Received**

Mar 7, 2011 - NOA2 Hard Copy arrived

NVC

NVC receieved petition - Mar 7 2011

NVC case number received - Mar 8 2011 MNL2011XXXXXX

NVC case shipped to Embassy - Mar 9 2011

US Embassy Manila

Package delivered DHL - Mar 14 2011 signed by Leonilo

USEM - Medical- Passed Medical Mar 18 2011

USEM- Interview - APPROVED 4-14

USEM- VISA IN HAND - 4-30-2011

CFO - 5-2-2011

Kim on the plane 5-18-2011 Welcome to USA!

No replies from James, huhuhuhu!! I wonder what is keeping him busy and away from VJ?? :innocent:

It's just not right. I guy gets his fiance here and he just forgets about his VJ friends. :unsure:

:lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.