Westlink

F1 case complete and waiting for visa # availability

4,967 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

West in January when I called NVC they toldmr that theyare unable to inform me about the case as they hve transferred everything to the US embassy in Jamaica and even hve me the contact information for Kng embassy. so it is just up to them here to do something... I think if I don't hear anything this week I am going to ask the lawyer to speak to them! Yea full time I get through now also I hopethey won't keep you waiting when it is your turn... Our situation is different hadn't we been processed already we would hve heard directly from NVC but I just dint understand why our embassy has to lag behind so much... And they get worst each time it seems I have sent 3 emails which are yet to be answered... But I will let u know how it goes just help me pray... It's not nice putting everything on hold for so long!!!! They are becoming inconsiderate now I think!!!

Ok just hoping you will hear something soon. My prayers are with you friend. Hey, do you know if the embassy required us to get a letter of non impediment to prove that one is not married?

Edited by Westlink

FB-1 Visa Event Date

06-05-2006........Priority Date
06-14-2010........Case Approved
03-07-2011........Case Completed

08-15-2013........Interview Schedule

f1 case complete and waiting for visa availability

july visa bulletin prediction f1 category

f1 watch list

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

West in January when I called NVC they toldmr that theyare unable to inform me about the case as they hve transferred everything to the US embassy in Jamaica and even hve me the contact information for Kng embassy. so it is just up to them here to do something... I think if I don't hear anything this week I am going to ask the lawyer to speak to them! Yea full time I get through now also I hopethey won't keep you waiting when it is your turn... Our situation is different hadn't we been processed already we would hve heard directly from NVC but I just dint understand why our embassy has to lag behind so much... And they get worst each time it seems I have sent 3 emails which are yet to be answered... But I will let u know how it goes just help me pray... It's not nice putting everything on hold for so long!!!! They are becoming inconsiderate now I think!!!

Hi Grace, seeking help from your lawyer is another wise move. I hope you can hear from your Embassy very soon.

I know it sounds silly....but i really feel anxious for you.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Guys, plz check other forums that you know, I think this visa bulletin might move more than 3 weeks

Very possible. But, wouldn't one of these people report having gotten an IL?

ROGER_CR----------------05APR06

IOUKTA------------------..APR06

ONLY_WISH---------------..APR06

LOROKO01----------------..APR06

CHIKU83-----------------26APR06

Some exact dates for the last folks would help, too.

It's kinda annoying that we have no way of knowing if it moved more than 3 weeks, although that would be spectacular. Any word from the Vietnamese or Spanish forums?

Edited by javisakid

Priority Date: 10/5/2006

Interview Scheduled: 10/1/2013

Medical Completed: 11/4/2013

Interview Completed: 11/18/2013

CEAC Status -- Administrative Processing -- 11/19/2013

CEAC Status -- ISSUED -- 11/19/2013

VISA IN HAND -- 11/21/2013

POE -- 11/22/2013

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Very possible. But, wouldn't one of these people report having gotten an IL?

It's kinda annoying that we have no way of knowing if it moved more than 3 weeks, although that would be spectacular. Any word from the Vietnamese or Spanish forums?

According to this web page, F2A moves 10 weeks for May Visa Bulletin. A real big jump!!! Let's hope that F1 moves 8 weeks at least.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/418179-may-2013-visa-bulletin-prediction/page__st__495

Filed: Timeline

Congratulations Mukunda!!! I have a couple of questions. Did you signed the DS-230? Did you already sent out signed before?. Also, how long took the whole process of the interview. Thanks.

HI Tania

i didnt need to sign my Ds 230 in my interview , i had already signed it when i sent to NVC. The interview was around 20 mins as the wait is abt 1 hour.

Timeline

Hey my dear friends I have some good news I finally received my interview date for April 30.. And it seems they were in such a hurry that they forgot to attach packet 4 to the email. i sent another email to them advising them that i did not get the attachment.. so hopefully they dont spend another month sending me it..:) West I got a no-impediment certificate when I submitted my first set of papers to NVC because they requested it on the letter they sent me. but when I went to the embassy for the first interview when I signed the DS230 they gave me another sheet of paper( forgot what it was called) to sign that simply states you are not married and you will not get married until after you have become a US permanent resident...and I have heard some of my other collegues who went for interview said that they didnt have to take in a no impediment certificate as they simply signed that form...it takes a long time for processing if you decide to get one and they will only process it quickly if ur interview shows you have a week to get it. Thanks Oli... Thank you guys so much I feel so much better at least I have a time now.. Hopefully they wills end me packet 4 before my interview so I can know what to submit and get the medical forms.. I have already scheduled my medical also... :) We are moving along!

Edited by Grace A

Timeline

West I pray when it is your turn they dont keep you waiting for almost 3 months! When we have been processed already and it is coming from our country's embassy it seems like it will take a longer time because they probably have some backlog...Well let us PRAY! Will keep you guys uptodate and to everyone who have their dates please just get all of your documents everything so nothing will keep you back!

Hi Grace, seeking help from your lawyer is another wise move. I hope you can hear from your Embassy very soon.

I know it sounds silly....but i really feel anxious for you.

Thanks so much Oli, I have the date now.. All the best and lets keep supporting each other on this forum...God bless

HI Tania

i didnt need to sign my Ds 230 in my interview , i had already signed it when i sent to NVC. The interview was around 20 mins as the wait is abt 1 hour.

Thanks for your quick response. I just hope everything goes well for my sister on her interview. I want to see her here with all of us so bad.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.