Westlink

F1 case complete and waiting for visa # availability

4,967 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Because when they process the case at NVC they ask for the PC from countries one has lived in for the last 10 years. If Vishu lived there before the case was approved then they would have asked for the PC for NZ at that time.

Considering our situaion is different and we were affected by retrogression, then we must supply PC from the counties we have lived in between the dates our case was approved and present day.

Hence I am assuming in Vishu's case this is after the approval.

Does this make sense?

Yes I understand what you mean now. Thanks for clarifying...

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Congrats on knowing something's in the works. Badger them until you get packet 4.

If I'm not mistaken, persons over the age of 16 MUST provide a PC for any country they had lived in or worked in for more than 6 months (even if it was 1 yr, 5 yrs, 10 yrs or 40 yrs ago). I don't think it matters what stage your case is at either.

Yes you are correct, its not for the last 10 years but all the way back to when one was 16 years old, or earlier if one was arrested for any reason.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Priority Date: 10/5/2006

Interview Scheduled: 10/1/2013

Medical Completed: 11/4/2013

Interview Completed: 11/18/2013

CEAC Status -- Administrative Processing -- 11/19/2013

CEAC Status -- ISSUED -- 11/19/2013

VISA IN HAND -- 11/21/2013

POE -- 11/22/2013

http://www.immigration-information.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20376&page=18&p=85858#post85858

I don't know what the post from this link is good or bad news from all of us in FB. I have a feeling it is bad for FB that the proposal immigration reform will move F2a to immediate family and eliminate completely the rest of FB categories. I am really worried.:(

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

http://www.immigration-information.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20376&page=18&p=85858#post85858

I don't know what the post from this link is good or bad news from all of us in FB. I have a feeling it is bad for FB that the proposal immigration reform will move F2a to immediate family and eliminate completely the rest of FB categories. I am really worried.:(

I understand that the republicans are pro work and they were proposing that all the fb categories be merged. I also understand that the democrats are pro family and wants to increase the available visa numbers for all categories. Merging fb category would hurt millions of American families. I don't believe that it will happen.

PD: August 7, 2006
ID: August 26,2013
Visa Issued
ph34r.png

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Hello,

My Priority Date was : Dec 22,2005

Interview Date :21/02/2013

Tine:7:30AM

Passport with with received :26/02/2013

Interview Experience:

Arrived at the consulate at 7:10,a huge line outside scared me off.But luckily we get go in strainght bypassing the never ending line for H1b etc

The interview letter is verified and a tooken number is given and await my turn

The lady at the first window, asks for PCC and any other other document that needs to be produced at the time of interview ( I had to just take my PCC)

Then finger printing of left & right four fingers and the thumbs.The original documents are returned and then was asked to wait for the interview by the CO.

Wait for my turn for the interview and i go.

Interview Questions:

1. Who is the petitioner - Mom

2. Why did the petitioner go to the US - Be with my sister

3. When did she get her citizenship - told him the year

4. I see you've traveled to the US on B2 visa, Have u overstayed? - No

5. I see uve worked in the US, which states have you worked? - listed

6. Does your mom work? - No

7. Does she stay with your sister? - yes

8. When did you last see your mother? - She is with me right now for the interview, waiting outside

9. Any pics of you with your mom? - Gave him a few pics

Then he closed the window for 5 seconds, then came back and said. Your visa is approved and have a safe trip to the US. then gave me a paper for the new immigrant fees that should be paid prior to traveling.

and thats about it,came out of the consulate by 8:20.

Was tracking my passport online and on 26/2/2013, the passport arrived at the location i had chosen for the passport delivery option.

The experience was great,very organized process and every one was pleasant.

Good Luck guys :)

Vini515, i enclose Kavi's story for your reference. :-)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Yaaa....Guys Approved Visa......Yes ..."I am Approving ur Visa...Welcome to the United States of America"...these were the golden words the CO told me when approving my visa.....

Well....my apologies for late posting...But here is my Experience..

Arrived at 06:15 AM..was let in at 06:55 Am....cleared the security and entered in main hall ....Took Token and was waiting for my token no.

At 07:35 AM...i was called by my name ....this was Initial Interview ...

Guy at counter asked me for my Passport, PCC and Medicals....then he asked me for latest Tax returns...i asked which year..??/ 2011 or 2012...????

He told me which ever year u have ..i told him i have both years....so he told ok...that will be even good if u have 2012 tax returns...He was a nice guy and then informed me about 165 $ fee which i will have to pay before departing US....after that he told me to take seat and i will be called shortly.

after 3-5 mins...i was called again by my token number...

i went at window...A male CO was sitting in front of me...he was talking with some other CO inside the section...after a min he saw me....

Me: Good Mrng Sir...

CO: Good Mrng....How r u...???

Me: Fine Sir..

then he again started talking with other CO ....and was looking in his Computer ....

suddenly he asked me , "Who is calling u..??"

Me: My Father..

CO: Ur father ....

Me: yes Sir...

then he again started looking in his computer screen and typing sumthg...

Then he made me sign DS-230 part-2..

again suddenly he asked me: When did u last saw ur father:

me: told the year and month...

then after 1 min he asked me: What was the purpose he came ???

Me: It was a Family visit..

CO: Ohh....Family Visit....

Me: Yes Sir,

CO: How did he went US??

Me: He went ////////

CO: What is he doing??

Me: He is working at //////as a ////

Again he looks at the screen and types sumthg...

Then he asks me: Do u have pictures with ur Dad///??

Me: Yes Sir....I opened my file and was taking out the pictures...

When i wa s abt to give him the pics....suddenly he says me..."Ur wedding pics also..""" This was to confuse me..

Me: with a very strange face No, i am Single, not married, i dont have any pics...

CO: With a smiling face, Oh...u know the rules..

Me: Yes Sir...

After typing for some time...he says..."I am Approving ur Visa...Welcome to the United States of America"

Then he gave me a paper explaining me the IV fee 165$ to be paid before departing...I said OK

Then when i was abt to leave, again he asks me: Have u ever been to US before???

Me: No,Never...

CO: OHHH...OK...

Me: Can i leave now Sir??

CO: Yes...

Me: Thankyou Sir

Was out from consulate at abt 8"00 AM.....Today i got my passport with visa and Envelope...Very Happy now...will be departing soon....

Note: The paper which CO gave me to pay IV fees, My case number, name and Alien Number was printed....

Guys do ask me any questions if u have .....My advise is just be calm, casual and dress professionally...be confident even if they try to confuse u...

Thankyou all my frds....i wish Best Luck to all for their upcoming Interviews...

Edited by krishh_gem

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

November 14 2013 I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 15 2013 I-130 Received at Chicago Lockbox Facility

November 18 2013 Email from USCIS about Petition Acceptance (PD Nov 15 2013)

November 19 2013 I 797 NOA 1 received by mail

March 24 2015 Received E Mail and Text Notification about Case transfer to another USCIS Office

March 28 2015 Received Hard copy of Transfer Notice from USCIS

March 31 2015 Case Approved by USCIS

April 1 2015 Received Email and Text message for Case Approval

April 4 2015 Received Hard Copy of NOA2 from USCIS

NVC STAGE

April 16 2015 Case received at NVC

April 24 2015 Case Number and IIN received on Call

April 27 2015 Paid AOS Fees and Submitted DS-261

April 29 2015 Welcome Letter from NVC in Email

May 05 2015 DS-261 reviewed over phone

May 06 2015 AOS & Civil Documents sent to NVC

May 07 2015 Documents received at NVC

May 08 2015 Email from NVC to pay IV Fees

June 08 2015 IV PAID

June 10 2015 Submitted DS-260

July 13 2015 Case Completed

July 29 2015 Finally....Got Interview Date

Sep 18 2015 Interview (Approved)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Yaaa....Guys Approved Visa......Yes ..."I am Approving ur Visa...Welcome to the United States of America"...these were the golden words the CO told me when approving my visa.....

Arrived at 06:15 AM..was let in at 06:55 Am....cleared the security and entered in main hall ....Took Token and was waiting for my token no.

At 07:35 AM...i was called by my name ....this was Initial Interview ...

Guy at counter asked me for my Passport, PCC and Medicals....then he asked me for latest Tax returns...i asked which year..??/ 2011 or 2012...????

He told me which ever year u have ..i told him i have both years....so he told ok...that will be even good if u have 2012 tax returns...He was a nice guy and then informed me about 165 $ fee which i will have to pay before departing US....after that he told me to take seat and i will be called shortly.

after 3-5 mins...i was called again by my token number...

i went at window...A male CO was sitting in front of me...he was talking with some other CO inside the section...after a min he saw me....

Me: Good Mrng Sir...

CO: Good Mrng....How r u...???

Me: Fine Sir..

then he again started talking with other CO ....and was looking in his Computer ....

suddenly he asked me , "Who is calling u..??"

Me: My Father..

CO: Ur father ....

Me: yes Sir...

then he again started looking in his computer screen and typing sumthg...

Then he made me sign DS-230 part-2..

again suddenly he asked me: When did u last saw ur father:

me: told the year and month...

then after 1 min he asked me: What was the purpose he came ???

Me: It was a Family visit..

CO: Ohh....Family Visit....

Me: Yes Sir,

CO: How did he went US??

Me: He went ////////

CO: What is he doing??

Me: He is working at //////as a ////

Again he looks at the screen and types sumthg...

Then he asks me: Do u have pictures with ur Dad///??

Me: Yes Sir....I opened my file and was taking out the pictures...

When i wa s abt to give him the pics....suddenly he says me..."Ur wedding pics also..""" This was to confuse me..

Me: with a very strange face No, i am Single, not married, i dont have any pics...

CO: With a smiling face, Oh...u know the rules..

Me: Yes Sir...

After typing for some time...he says..."I am Approving ur Visa...Welcome to the United States of America"

Then he gave me a paper explaining me the IV fee 165$ to be paid before departing...I said OK

Then when i was abt to leave, again he asks me: Have u ever been to US before???

Me: No,Never...

CO: OHHH...OK...

Me: Can i leave now Sir??

CO: Yes...

Was out from consulate at abt 8"00 AM.....Today i got my passport with visa and Envelope...Very Happy now...will be departing soon....

Note: The paper which CO gave me to pay IV fees, My case number, name and Alien Number was printed....

Guys do ask me any questions if u have .....My advise is just be calm, casual and dress professionally...be confident even if they try to confuse u...

Thankyou all my frds....i wish Best Luck to all for their upcoming Interviews...

Congrats dude .... :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Finally, im really happy for u. Now, you may do all u wanted do throughout these years.

You are free .... :thumbs:

All the best for ur upcoming life, may god bless you and you will find ur life more easy without any further tensions ...

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Congratulations krishh_gem,

Best wishes for you.

I have one Tax related question for you,

Did they tell you already in the IL to bring The sponsors Tax transcript or new set of Affidavit of Support Form (I-134) ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.