kiki92

total #of vaccinations needed before leaving for U.S.

13 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone!

I was wondering if anyone knows how many vaccinations are needed before my fiance can enter the U.S.? He just passed his interview and he's waiting to pick up his visa this Thursday.

We both decided that it's best that he came over as soon as he can, but he only had 1 round of vaccination which was sometime in April before his interview...

My question is, can he come to the U.S. and have the other vaccinations done in the states...OR he must have his vaccinations done in Vietnam before he can enter the U.S. :help:

Also, if he needs to have his 2nd round of vaccination done in Vietnam, is there anyway that he can do it sooner than June, since that's the date that Cho Ray supposedly schedule for his 2nd round of vaccination. Thanks for you input!

Good luck to everyone who's interview in April! :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

look at the vaccination worksheet they gave him

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I understand no vaccinations are needed to enter the US, but when you are doing AOS, as vaccinations are needed for immigrant visas, and K1 is not.

01-03-2011 129F sent

01-12-2011 NOA1

02-23-2011 Touched

05-02-2011 NOA2

05-16-2011 Packet 3 received

07-27-2011 Medical

07-28-2011 ASC

08-01-2011 Interview & approved!

08-03-2011 Got the visas!

08-04-2011 POE Juarez, 5 minutes at 6:10 am!!

08-19-2011 Married

10-19-2011 AOS package sent

11-08-2011 AOS package re-sent

11-22-2011 NOA1 date

12-20-2011 BIO apointment

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi Everyone!

I was wondering if anyone knows how many vaccinations are needed before my fiance can enter the U.S.? He just passed his interview and he's waiting to pick up his visa this Thursday.

We both decided that it's best that he came over as soon as he can, but he only had 1 round of vaccination which was sometime in April before his interview...

My question is, can he come to the U.S. and have the other vaccinations done in the states...OR he must have his vaccinations done in Vietnam before he can enter the U.S. :help:

Also, if he needs to have his 2nd round of vaccination done in Vietnam, is there anyway that he can do it sooner than June, since that's the date that Cho Ray supposedly schedule for his 2nd round of vaccination. Thanks for you input!

Good luck to everyone who's interview in April! :thumbs:

You don't need anything more. At the medical exam they gave you all the shots you needed. If you got a shot that is part of a series you can get the rest of the series once you get in the USA. Or not if you don't want to. No one keeps track of your vaccinations after the interview to make sure you get everything.

create_maleScene.jpg

USCIS *CR-1 Visa*

2008-07-26 : I-130 Sent

2009-04-02 : Interview at Embassy in Lima, Peru Approved

2009-04-08 : POE Atlanta (256 days from sending I-130)

USCIS *Removal of Conditions*

2011-02-28 : Mailed I-751

2011-03-02 : USPS Delivery Confirmation

2011-03-10 : Check Cashed

2011-03-11 : Touched

2011-03-25 : USCIS confirmed they did not mail NOA 1, given case number

2011-04-05 : Infopass appointment passport stamped with I-551

2011-04-19 : Walk in Biometrics completed (2 weeks early)

2011-05-03 : Biometrics appointment (3 year anniversary)

2011-08-25 : Approved

2011-08-31 : Card in hand (184 days after sending I-751)

*Application for Naturalization*

2012-03-24 : Mailed N-400

2012-03-26 : NOA1

2012-03-29 : Check Cashed

2012-05-14 : Biometrics Appointment

2012-06-04 : Interview Letter

2012-07-09 : Interview in Raleigh, NC (Passed)

2012-07-20 : Oath Ceremony (119 days after sending N-400)

[/center]

Timeline

You don't need anything more. At the medical exam they gave you all the shots you needed. If you got a shot that is part of a series you can get the rest of the series once you get in the USA. Or not if you don't want to. No one keeps track of your vaccinations after the interview to make sure you get everything.

:rofl: nobody keeps track of the vaccinations?... Thats a good one. :rofl: .. I guess a Civil Surgeon is not needed either..:whistle: when did they stop requiring the CS complete the medical forms for AOS that documented the vaccinations being up to date?

He can come here, but the more he has left to do the more it will cost to get through AOS..

Edited by ScottThuy

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

My fiancée had to make a total of two trips, once before the interview and one after. She received 6 shots total.

How long after the interview did she have her vaccination? Did she have it in VN or did she have it done in the U.S.? Did customs check those vaccination records when she entered the U.S. airport?

:rofl: nobody keeps track of the vaccinations?... Thats a good one. :rofl: .. I guess a Civil Surgeon is not needed either..:whistle: when did they stop requiring the CS complete the medical forms for AOS that documented the vaccinations being up to date?

He can come here, but the more he has left to do the more it will cost to get through AOS..

I'm kinda confuse here, so can he come here with only one vaccination done in VN and have the rest of his vaccination done in the U.S?....

Or the U.S. government requires 2 vaccinations to be done in VN before he can enter into U.S. grounds.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

How long after the interview did she have her vaccination? Did she have it in VN or did she have it done in the U.S.? Did customs check those vaccination records when she entered the U.S. airport?

Her interview was on 3/17 and she just made her second trip 4 or 5 days ago. We are still in VN but she is scheduled to have a couple more in October.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

We were never required to give proof of vaccinations to anyone. Once my husband got to the USA.

create_maleScene.jpg

USCIS *CR-1 Visa*

2008-07-26 : I-130 Sent

2009-04-02 : Interview at Embassy in Lima, Peru Approved

2009-04-08 : POE Atlanta (256 days from sending I-130)

USCIS *Removal of Conditions*

2011-02-28 : Mailed I-751

2011-03-02 : USPS Delivery Confirmation

2011-03-10 : Check Cashed

2011-03-11 : Touched

2011-03-25 : USCIS confirmed they did not mail NOA 1, given case number

2011-04-05 : Infopass appointment passport stamped with I-551

2011-04-19 : Walk in Biometrics completed (2 weeks early)

2011-05-03 : Biometrics appointment (3 year anniversary)

2011-08-25 : Approved

2011-08-31 : Card in hand (184 days after sending I-751)

*Application for Naturalization*

2012-03-24 : Mailed N-400

2012-03-26 : NOA1

2012-03-29 : Check Cashed

2012-05-14 : Biometrics Appointment

2012-06-04 : Interview Letter

2012-07-09 : Interview in Raleigh, NC (Passed)

2012-07-20 : Oath Ceremony (119 days after sending N-400)

[/center]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My wife took her letter from the consulate and walked into Cho Ray and handed it to them.

She said she hasn't gotten any of the vaccinations and they gave her all the shots she needed to enter the US.

They told her she needed to continue with one or two vaccinations in the US. She didn't have to go back to Cho Ray a second time.

However, when her best friend went to Cho Ray for the CR-1 medical exam, they told her friend that she had TB (I think) during the exam

and had to come back for a checkup and more shots (if needed) to clear the disease before she can enter the US. After the second visit, my wife frend was cleared and got pink.

Timeline

We were never required to give proof of vaccinations to anyone. Once my husband got to the USA.

You filed for a different visa and the process is different so the information you proivided is misinformation when it applies to a K1 filing OP question..

They can come to the US with just the medical that has been accepted at the time the visa is issued, but they must have a Civil Surgeon update the vaccinations, complete the medical forms for AOS in the sealed envelope provided by the CS and they also transcribe the vaccinations in that packet...

The vaccinations are cheaper in VN but cant be done faster than the schedule allows... He can just come over on the visa and get the additional shots when he gets here...:thumbs: If he were closer to the scheduled date of the second round it would be good to get them done there...

You filed for a different visa and the process is different so the information you proivided is misinformation when it applies to a K1 filing OP question..

They can come to the US with just the medical that has been accepted at the time the visa is issued, but they must have a Civil Surgeon update the vaccinations, complete the medical forms for AOS in the sealed envelope provided by the CS and they also transcribe the vaccinations in that packet...

The vaccinations are cheaper in VN but cant be done faster than the schedule allows... He can just come over on the visa and get the additional shots when he gets here...:thumbs: If he were closer to the scheduled date of the second round it would be good to get them done there...

Thanks for clearing things up Scott! I know the shots are cheaper over there, but from what my fiance told he, the culture is really strong it left him fairly fatigue/exhausted for over a week...I don't know what type of culture do they use over there, and I don't know if it's worth the saving a few bucks... :unsure:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.