Eufabloroq

Colombia Interview Dates

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello all. There is a light at the end of the tunnel I think. It is very faint, but it is there.

My fiance and I are waiting for the date of the interview. I have already made my flight arrangements to arrive in Colombia next week, May 5th. Does anyone know how long it takes to get an interview in Bogota? My fiance received a letter informing him that they received the return of packet number 3. They said the interview will be scheduled in 3 weeks. My question is will the interview be scheduled in June or later? Also how late in June? They received the return of packet #3 April 13th.

Thank you for any information. This waiting is a bear.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

if you have your case number BGT......then start looking for your number on the colombia us embassy website clik visa, then look for list of scheduled appointments the 15 of each month, schol down the list look for your BGT number it wil show the time a date, if it's not there yet wait a week start checking every day for your number. good luck

Timeline

if you call nvc 603-334-0700 if your case is complete they will give you the number BGT.....for the interview in bogota,give them a call call early in am press 1 then 5 live person,

Timeline

Thank you for your replies. We do have a BGT number, we received it with the NOA2 letter. We do not have an appointment listed yet on the consular appointment page. I am hoping we will have an appointment listed on May 15th. Just wondering what the current trends for the Consulate in Bogota are as far as how far in advance one must wait for an appointment.

Thank you!

Timeline

the botoga embassy website check visa scheduled appointments there are two months at a time like april and may, then on the 15 of each month it changes to may and june appointments look for your number on the list.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

It all depends on when they received the package 3 documents your fiancé sent them. If they received them after the 15th of April, you will probably get an interview for the end of May or the beginning of June.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Try calling 202-663-1225. Press 1 then 0. According to the embassy info on VJ they can tell you your interview date if it has been scheduled. I'm not quite there yet so I'm not certain. I'm just calling them everyday to see if our case has been received at the consulate. Good luck! and congrats! Hope your interview is soon!

Daniel & Laura

NOA1 Received: 10-15-10

Contacted Congressmen: 3-15-10

Contacted Congressmen again and got approval: 4-13-10

Contacted VSC (2nd tier) to confirm approval: 4-14-10

NOA2 Received: 4-15-10 (182 days from NOA1)

Arrived at NVC, new case # assigned: 4-19-11

Left NVC: 4-20-11

Arrives at BOG consulate: 4-27-11

Package 3 forms sent: 4-27-11

Interview: 6-16-11 APPROVED!!!!!

Picked up visa/passport at DOMESA: 6-22-11

Daniel comes to the USA: 7-5-11

OUR WEDDING DAY!!! 7-22-11

Mailed AOS documents: 8-29-11

AOS received in Chicago: 8-30-11

NOA1 received: 9-2-11

I797c appointment notice received: 9-12-11

Biometrics appointment: 9-26-11

Transfered to CSC 10-5-11

I-765 approved 11-5-11

Received EAD 11-17-11

Called USCIS to get update...CSC working June cases 1/12

Called USCIS for "service request" 2/12

Called USCIS for results...CSC working December cases 3-13-12

Contacted Congressman 3-22-12

AOS APPROVED!! 3-23-12

GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!! 3-27-12

event.png

Timeline

In our case they sent a notice with the appointment date long before it ever showed up on the Embassy website. I would say that if you have done everything to get them to set an appointment that the appointment will be the following month. Stand behind him on the third trip up to the window and he or she may call you up for some questions. It's an American behind the window. Make sure you both give the same answers. It's all handled outside. Go there at 6:15am and you will be out around 10:30am. When you are inline some people will tell you to go across the street for some copies. You don't need them. The people in the little shacks across the street can be helpful with help and info in the days leading up to the embassy. Lots of time in a taxi crossing town for doctors and blood tests.

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.