RealAI

221g Blue Form after Interview

3 posts in this topic

My husband had his CR1 interview in Saudi Arabia Riyadh Embassy on April 9th. At the interview the CO asked him about our relationship and how we met and how we got married. The CO also asked him about his profession and what he would like to do when he moves to the US. The CO looked at the photographs and asked about the people who were with us on some of the pictures. After the interview he was given a blue 221G form asking for the following 3 documents.

1. Certified copy of wife's divorce decree

2. Copy of Wife's naturalization certificate

3. Proof on ongoing relationship - Phone bills and e-mails

Background of my petition:

1. We were married in 2007 and I was a permanent resident at the time of marriage. Filed petition under F2A originally and upgraded to IR1 recently

2. He is from Pakistan and I am originally from Bangladesh

3. I was married before and have a child from previous marriage

4. The only proof of ongoing relationship he took for the interview was photo album with pictures starting the day we get married in Bangladesh till recent. It included pictures of two of us with my parents, my daughter and my extended family.

My husband submitted the additional documents in person at the Embassy on April 19th. As proof of ongoing relationship we submitted some phone bills from each year. We sumbitted 10 phone bills (cell bills for showing incoming calls from him and home phone bills to show outgoing calls from me to him)and 10 e-mails (we only had e-mailed e-cards he sent for my bdays, valentines day, Eid and some other ones about our travel plans to see each other). They have kept his passport, made him pay for FedEx to send passport back and told him that they will call him if they needed anything else. When my husband asked how long it might take to process the person who accepted the documents replied 3 weeks.

Has anyone been in similar situation? Should I be worried that the CO might refuse Visa.

Any opinion and experience will be helpful.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

1 and 2 he's supposed to present on interview day, but 2 could be sent in during NVC processing, as well.

Since they kept his passport and mentioned 3 weeks - this is NOT (IMO) the additional name checks version of AP, at all.

Suggest you call DoS Hotline once a week, ask for casefile status - DoS Hotline and the Embassy 'share data', so about a day after any status change on his casefile at the Embassy, DoS Hotline will have it but you must call, get a Human.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

My husband had his CR1 interview in Saudi Arabia Riyadh Embassy on April 9th. At the interview the CO asked him about our relationship and how we met and how we got married. The CO also asked him about his profession and what he would like to do when he moves to the US. The CO looked at the photographs and asked about the people who were with us on some of the pictures. After the interview he was given a blue 221G form asking for the following 3 documents.

1. Certified copy of wife's divorce decree

2. Copy of Wife's naturalization certificate

3. Proof on ongoing relationship - Phone bills and e-mails

Background of my petition:

1. We were married in 2007 and I was a permanent resident at the time of marriage. Filed petition under F2A originally and upgraded to IR1 recently

2. He is from Pakistan and I am originally from Bangladesh

3. I was married before and have a child from previous marriage

4. The only proof of ongoing relationship he took for the interview was photo album with pictures starting the day we get married in Bangladesh till recent. It included pictures of two of us with my parents, my daughter and my extended family.

My husband submitted the additional documents in person at the Embassy on April 19th. As proof of ongoing relationship we submitted some phone bills from each year. We sumbitted 10 phone bills (cell bills for showing incoming calls from him and home phone bills to show outgoing calls from me to him)and 10 e-mails (we only had e-mailed e-cards he sent for my bdays, valentines day, Eid and some other ones about our travel plans to see each other). They have kept his passport, made him pay for FedEx to send passport back and told him that they will call him if they needed anything else. When my husband asked how long it might take to process the person who accepted the documents replied 3 weeks.

Has anyone been in similar situation? Should I be worried that the CO might refuse Visa.

Any opinion and experience will be helpful.

For them to keep his passport is a good sign. Worrying is not productive it's best to wait with optimism.

I wish both of you good fortune.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.