sparky952

Visa Interview @ Manila

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sorry if I did not make my point clear.

When a foreigner has divorced a Filipino, the consul officer will know about the divorce because the information will be included in the current G325A.

If the Filipino has not gone through the process of obtaining a Petition for Recognition of Divorce duly stamped and received by a Philippines court, the Filipino will not get visa approval because the Filipino will still be married in the eyes of the Filipino government and will not be able to produce the necessary CENOMAR/CENMAR that the U.S. Embassy requires.

About the CENOMAR/CENMAR...It is my understanding that Filipinos apply for what's known as a CENOMAR. If they have never been married before, the NSO issues them a CENOMAR. If they are married, the NSO issues them a CENMAR. In your fiancée's case, she applied for a CENOMAR as she was supposed to. The NSO isued her a CENMAR because she is still married in the eyes of the Filipino government.

It is my understanding that, until she completes the Petition for Recognition of Divorce, she will not receive the proper CENOMAR/CENMAR recognizing her divorce.

I hope someone who knows the process better will chime in.

In any case, your fiancée must have received form 221g at the end of her interview. It spells out what's required of her. What exactly did it say?

the instructions were to resubmit a new nbi and new cenmar wich she did.

I was under that understanding about the petition wich we did file but the courst have delayed it 4 times and now just got word they accidently canceled to do negligence, waiting for atty for what happen now ( this is month 13 of the process )

I was refered by at least 2 people on here that were divorced from ammericans and did not file petition for recognize divorce and they both got there visas. A third has her interview next week.

I was refered by at least 2 people on here that were divorced from ammericans and did not file petition for recognize divorce and they both got there visas. A third has her interview next week.

Hey sparky...

In those three cases that you mentioned, who initiated the divorces...who actually filed for the divorces...was it the U.S. citizen or was it the Filipino citizen? Also, did those three Filipinos get married to their exes in the Philippines, or did they get married to their exes in the U.S.?

If the Filipino citizen initiated the divorce, it's my understanding that the Filipino citizen would need to get an annulment in order to qualify for a fiancée visa or a spousal visa.

If the U.S. citizen initiated the divorce, it's my understanding that the Filipino citizen would need to get the divorce judicially recognized in order to qualify for a fiancée visa or a spousal visa.

Also, if I remember correctly from one of your previous postings, your fiancée's ex-husband is the one who filed for divorce. Is that correct?

I'm wondering how a Filipino who has been divorced could possibly get a fiancée visa or a spousal visa approved without either an annulment nor a judicial recognition of the divorce.

In any case, I hope your visa comes through soon. You've been waiting a long time, and I know you are going to deploy soon. Good luck! :star:

Hello all,

Well Fiancee had interview today, unfortunetly didn't go so well. Despite all the Info on here they threw new twists and hoops in our now 3 year path.

They requesting her have an NBI for her previous married name (she was divorced 17 years ago) Many people on here have been getting there visa without the cenomar (previous married and divorced to American). Well they want her to request a cenomar (wich she already did)We filed petition in the court 9 months ago but every time her hearing comes up the judge takes the day off and that is automatic 2 month extension (happend twice so far)

The third request I am still trying to figure out, they sending her to Passay and to a website for what I don't know. Either way since I deploy within 70 days and a new NBI takes 30 days or more....... Its almost guarantee that the visa be null and void before i return and be starting ALL over again for 3rd time. Why do we get nothing but bad luck? I personally talked to 2 ladies in same situation as my fiance and they got there visa no problem.

hummm we both are in the same boat dear :).but dont worry..things will go ok..

your fiancee dont need a cenomar if she'd been married before.all she needed is a marriage certificate with annotation that she's annuled.she can get and apply for it at the NSO.there is no divorce here in our country.she maybe annuled.

about the nbi thing..hummm that THING is what the CO requested from me after he told me that im APPROVED for the visa(may 242011)..but in order for them to completely process the visa i need have to send them an NBI with AKA from my previous married name.as of now i am waiting for my nbi bcoz..i got hit.its a 2 weeks waiting.it sucks but i have no choice:(.

by the way..you can ask your fiancee if after knowing and getting the divorce decree/order has been approved..did she do some processing thing or did she submit the decree order to the nso?bcoz on my situation..i did it all by myself in order my marriage certificate be annotated.

i hope this can be a help...or if you have questions on me..just send a buss and i will receive it on my e mail.

good luck!!

Sorry if I did not make my point clear.

When a foreigner has divorced a Filipino, the consul officer will know about the divorce because the information will be included in the current G325A.

If the Filipino has not gone through the process of obtaining a Petition for Recognition of Divorce duly stamped and received by a Philippines court, the Filipino will not get visa approval because the Filipino will still be married in the eyes of the Filipino government and will not be able to produce the necessary CENOMAR/CENMAR that the U.S. Embassy requires.

About the CENOMAR/CENMAR...It is my understanding that Filipinos apply for what's known as a CENOMAR. If they have never been married before, the NSO issues them a CENOMAR. If they are married, the NSO issues them a CENMAR. In your fiancée's case, she applied for a CENOMAR as she was supposed to. The NSO isued her a CENMAR because she is still married in the eyes of the Filipino government.

It is my understanding that, until she completes the Petition for Recognition of Divorce, she will not receive the proper CENOMAR/CENMAR recognizing her divorce.

I hope someone who knows the process better will chime in.

In any case, your fiancée must have received form 221g at the end of her interview. It spells out what's required of her. What exactly did it say?

if after knowing that her divorce has been approved..she will received a court order and certificate of finality and then she will gonna go to the civil regestrar place where they get married and will give them a copy of the court order and the civil registrar will forward a certificate that she and her marriage is already done.and then after a month she will go to the nso office to get the CEMAR (CERTIFICATE OF MARRIAGE)the certificate of marriage has already annotation that her marriage has been done.

that's what i did on my case. sparky's fiancee and i are on same case.after the CO told me that i passed or approved for visa..he told me to send them a copy of an NBI with aka using my ex surename.

if after knowing that her divorce has been approved..she will received a court order and certificate of finality and then she will gonna go to the civil regestrar place where they get married and will give them a copy of the court order and the civil registrar will forward a certificate that she and her marriage is already done.and then after a month she will go to the nso office to get the CEMAR (CERTIFICATE OF MARRIAGE)the certificate of marriage has already annotation that her marriage has been done.

that's what i did on my case. sparky's fiancee and i are on same case.after the CO told me that i passed or approved for visa..he told me to send them a copy of an NBI with aka using my ex surename.

oh i forgot...the last window given me a 221g form and that form has a check on the part saying...send back to the embassy the passport together with the nbi that has an aka thing:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.