sparky952

Visa Interview @ Manila

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello all,

Well Fiancee had interview today, unfortunetly didn't go so well. Despite all the Info on here they threw new twists and hoops in our now 3 year path.

They requesting her have an NBI for her previous married name (she was divorced 17 years ago) Many people on here have been getting there visa without the cenomar (previous married and divorced to American). Well they want her to request a cenomar (wich she already did)We filed petition in the court 9 months ago but every time her hearing comes up the judge takes the day off and that is automatic 2 month extension (happend twice so far)

The third request I am still trying to figure out, they sending her to Passay and to a website for what I don't know. Either way since I deploy within 70 days and a new NBI takes 30 days or more....... Its almost guarantee that the visa be null and void before i return and be starting ALL over again for 3rd time. Why do we get nothing but bad luck? I personally talked to 2 ladies in same situation as my fiance and they got there visa no problem.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have quite similar case... I was interviewed before Holy Week and I was also required to submit another cenomar and birth certificate just because the CO saw an annotation in my birth certificate, correcting my middle name.

The CO wants a cenomar and NBI with my wrongly spelled middle name and yes, one of the options is to go to NSO Pasay but you can also order it online like I did and the USEM will pick it up in the NSO. NBI with aka will take only 3 days if your fiancee's name got a "hit". So don't worry, I think it would only take a week or two if your fiancee would start getting the required documents.

AOS Journey

09/08/2011 ~ NOA1 for AOS,EAD & AP

09/09/2011 ~ Text & email notification

09/10/2011 ~ Updated!

09/19/2011 ~ ASC Appointment Notice date for 10/17/2011 Biometrics Appointment

09/30/2011 ~ Email notification - AOS was transferred to another office

10/06/2011 ~ Received hardcopy of AOS CSC Transfer Notice.. 9:45 pm Updated!

10/07/2011 ~ Biometrics walk in SUCCESSFUL!!!

11/02/2011 ~ EAD Card/Document Production

11/07/2011 ~ EAD updated

11/08/2011 ~ EAD Post Decision Activity

11/12/2011 ~ EAD/AP card on hand!!!

02/02/2012 ~ RFE for lost medical and divorce decree, got the notice on Feb. 9, 2012

02/17/2012 ~ Submitted rfe, USCIS received it Feb. 21,2012

03/08/2012 ~ Card/Doc production, Decision

March 15,2012 ~ GC on hand! Permanent Resident since 28 February 2012

Timeline

Sparky -> I don't think she needs a CENOMAR, because it stands for Certificate of No Marriage. If she has been previously married (now divorced, which we don't have in the Phil cuz we have annulment here) she either needs a different certificate or have her marriage certificate annotated. This is according to an old post here on VJ. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/117666-my-marriage-is-annulled-is-cenomar-still-required/

Also, the seminar in CFO is a requirement for all emigrants. Your fiancee would have to attend one to get a sticker, she will show the sticker to the immigration staff in NAIA. It's like her "pass" to board the plane except for the ticket and visa. It is called Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar. Here's the link for the requirements/process: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=234&Itemid=33.

Hope those help!

TIMELINE:

Feb 01, 2011 - Sent I-129F to Texas Lockbox

Feb 07, 2011 - I-129F Received

Feb 19, 2011 - NOA1 (Mail)

May 13, 2011 - NOA2 (e-mail notice)

May 17, 2011 - NOA 2 (Mail)

May 28, 2011 - Got case number after 2 weeks of waiting

May 30-31, 2011 - 2-day Medical at SLMEC (without the NVC letter, just the MCN)

July 01, 2011 - Interview (APPROVED despite delayed documents!)

July 14, 2011 - Picked up visa from 2Go Main

July 15, 2011 - Bought one-way ticket for first time immigrant (rate)

July 18, 2011 - CFO at SMEF-COW

July 31, 2011 - Flight to the US! (Finally!)

My blogsite: www.neighborlj.blogspot.com

Timeline

Are you referring to the NSO in Pasay or PRISM where they do the PDOS? :)

TIMELINE:

Timeline

Sparky -> I don't think she needs a CENOMAR, because it stands for Certificate of No Marriage. If she has been previously married (now divorced, which we don't have in the Phil cuz we have annulment here) she either needs a different certificate or have her marriage certificate annotated. This is according to an old post here on VJ. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/117666-my-marriage-is-annulled-is-cenomar-still-required/

Also, the seminar in CFO is a requirement for all emigrants. Your fiancee would have to attend one to get a sticker, she will show the sticker to the immigration staff in NAIA. It's like her "pass" to board the plane except for the ticket and visa. It is called Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar. Here's the link for the requirements/process: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=234&Itemid=33.

Hope those help!

Yes that what makes no sense about cenomar,She doesn't get one so we confused why they asking her to request another one????

Yes the CFO is counseling session.

Now why a new NBI clearance? She having hard time with this because she hasn't used her married name in over 15 years. they asking her to go all over the place trying to get records for that name!

The Embassy gave her passport back but kept everything else hopefully today get some good news, but i wont hold my breath.....

Timeline

Sparky -> hang in there! You've come this far. From what I've read here, NBI clearance have an expiration date of up to 1 yr. While NSO where you get the CENOMAR changes their paper color every year, so the Embassy might want your fiancee to get new ones. Just my guess. :)

Edited by lovelyjoy

TIMELINE:

Timeline

Sparky -> hang in there! You've come this far. From what I've read here, NBI clearance have an expiration date of up to 1 yr. While NSO where you get the CENOMAR changes their paper color every year, so the Embassy might want your fiancee to get new ones. Just my guess. :)

She is previously married so she wont get a cenomar. Her NBI is two weeks old, they just want it now in her married name from 17 years ago, that makes no sense.

Timeline

<update>

Ok started the process the Embassy wants, but the Philippine government offices want a MONTH at least so we totally screwed! She might get her visa just in time for me to deploy and watch it run out waiting for me...... I hate PHILIPPINES!!!!!

Timeline

Sorry to hear that Sparky. :( Perhaps you could write a letter stating that you are to be deployed and would appreciate it if they could give the papers to her earlier so you both could still spend some time together.

From what I've read here, it is really difficult if a Filipina fiancee was previously married and was not able to get annulment or had her papers "changed/checked" before applying for a K1 visa. I suggest you talk to Marklovetina (a VJ member). I think Tina was previously married and had an annulment, I've read somewhere in one of her posts. She could probably hep you more than me.

Don't hate the whole Philippines, just the system or some of the screwed gov't officials. Most of us are nice and would want you (and your SO) to be happy. Wishing you the and your lady the best! :)

TIMELINE:

I personally talked to 2 ladies in same situation as my fiance and they got there visa no problem.

I find it hard to believe that those two women were in the same situation as you and your fiancée are in. It simply doesn't make sense.

If those two women are Filipinas, and they were previously married, and they did not get an annulment nor a recognition of divorce in the Philippines, and they were approved for a K-1 visa, I wish they would tell us how it is possible that they were approved for a K-1 visa. Maybe they would be kind enough to join VJ and tell their stories.

They both had to have filled out and signed a G-325a as part of the petitioner's K-1 petition that was sent to the USCIS.. Did they tell the truth about their past marriages on the G-325a?

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

I have quite similar case... I was interviewed before Holy Week and I was also required to submit another cenomar and birth certificate just because the CO saw an annotation in my birth certificate, correcting my middle name.

The CO wants a cenomar and NBI with my wrongly spelled middle name and yes, one of the options is to go to NSO Pasay but you can also order it online like I did and the USEM will pick it up in the NSO. NBI with aka will take only 3 days if your fiancee's name got a "hit". So don't worry, I think it would only take a week or two if your fiancee would start getting the required documents.

Hi.

Same here, i was intervied last week of April and i was given a 221g after with additional doc checked asking for NBI Clearance with AKA of my corrected name. I have submitted the day after my interview. I called the following week and checked if they have already received it, and said yes. The lady told me to wait for 2-3 weeks since the officer is still reviewing it. On the second week i have submitted the document i called and the lady said under Admin Review, she told me to call next week to check again, no specific day she just said next week so i called today and the lady who answered me said still admin review. I asked if lacking document is technically will be under admin review and she became bitchy and told me to wait for another 2-3 weeks since she said the officer requested further review on my case. I told her in a very nice way that The Officer never told me that and when i received the 221g the only checked is my NBI Clearance with AKA Corrected name and no checked on UNDER REVIEW and WAIT TILL WE CONTACT YOu. What does this mean, what is she talking about? I just asked that question and she wont stop talking and feel like discouraging me.After talking on the phone i just can't stop crying and told my fiance about what the lady told me.GERRYNLIBBY have you already received your visa? Any advise and encouragement please? Thank you.

Hi.

Same here, i was intervied last week of April and i was given a 221g after with additional doc checked asking for NBI Clearance with AKA of my corrected name. I have submitted the day after my interview. I called the following week and checked if they have already received it, and said yes. The lady told me to wait for 2-3 weeks since the officer is still reviewing it. On the second week i have submitted the document i called and the lady said under Admin Review, she told me to call next week to check again, no specific day she just said next week so i called today and the lady who answered me said still admin review. I asked if lacking document is technically will be under admin review and she became bitchy and told me to wait for another 2-3 weeks since she said the officer requested further review on my case. I told her in a very nice way that The Officer never told me that and when i received the 221g the only checked is my NBI Clearance with AKA Corrected name and no checked on UNDER REVIEW and WAIT TILL WE CONTACT YOu. What does this mean, what is she talking about? I just asked that question and she wont stop talking and feel like discouraging me.After talking on the phone i just can't stop crying and told my fiance about what the lady told me.GERRYNLIBBY have you already received your visa? Any advise and encouragement please? Thank you.

Don't worry. We received a 221g also. Sometimes it takes the Embassy a little longer to review a case and to process the visa. It's a very good sign if the Embassy has your passport. It usually means that you will receive your visa. You just have to be patient. Maybe you could get your fiancé to make a follow-up phone call to the Embassy to check up on your case. The Embassy usually doesn't give the USC such a bad time.

Best wishes for a speedy visa! :star:

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I find it hard to believe that those two women were in the same situation as you and your fiancée are in. It simply doesn't make sense.

If those two women are Filipinas, and they were previously married, and they did not get an annulment nor a recognition of divorce in the Philippines, and they were approved for a K-1 visa, I wish they would tell us how it is possible that they were approved for a K-1 visa. Maybe they would be kind enough to join VJ and tell their stories.

They both had to have filled out and signed a G-325a as part of the petitioner's K-1 petition that was sent to the USCIS.. Did they tell the truth about their past marriages on the G-325a?

They were married to americans and got divorced, you do annotate that on the 325a. My fiance provided her marriage contract and dissolution, also NBI with both her maiden and married names.

Timeline

Still no word from embassy despiter repeated phone calls and two priority status inquiries. No one knows why we still in review. They have no coding on our case. They did say from the time lines my fiance visa is taking extremely out of ordinary time! Well dah 6 weeks of admin review with no 221g or any other instructions!

PLZ anyone with any way to get somone to help us. We have to have her here yesterday!!!!!!

They were married to americans and got divorced, you do annotate that on the 325a. My fiance provided her marriage contract and dissolution, also NBI with both her maiden and married names.

Sorry if I did not make my point clear.

When a foreigner has divorced a Filipino, the consul officer will know about the divorce because the information will be included in the current G325A.

If the Filipino has not gone through the process of obtaining a Petition for Recognition of Divorce duly stamped and received by a Philippines court, the Filipino will not get visa approval because the Filipino will still be married in the eyes of the Filipino government and will not be able to produce the necessary CENOMAR/CENMAR that the U.S. Embassy requires.

About the CENOMAR/CENMAR...It is my understanding that Filipinos apply for what's known as a CENOMAR. If they have never been married before, the NSO issues them a CENOMAR. If they are married, the NSO issues them a CENMAR. In your fiancée's case, she applied for a CENOMAR as she was supposed to. The NSO isued her a CENMAR because she is still married in the eyes of the Filipino government.

It is my understanding that, until she completes the Petition for Recognition of Divorce, she will not receive the proper CENOMAR/CENMAR recognizing her divorce.

I hope someone who knows the process better will chime in.

In any case, your fiancée must have received form 221g at the end of her interview. It spells out what's required of her. What exactly did it say?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.