SteveColo

Green Card HELL !!! Any help or positive comments ?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey all,

I wrote earlier how we had our interview February 23rd and how hostile the I.O. was toward us ... even going to the point of threatening my 7 year old daughter with deportation if she ever got a DUI in America ...

She gave us a RFE, which we completed with even more that she asked for.

Now, we have a 2nd interview with the I.O. requesting tons of MORE evidence as if the info sent earlier was irrevalent. There is mountians of evidence supporting us as a complete family. It is clear this I.O. is looking for anything she can point to, however miniscule, to deny our petition.

Should we file a complaint with the I.O. supervisor? Maybe even ask for the supervisor to attend the interview to assure fair and honest consideration in our case?

This I.O. is dead set to deny us. So what then? I've heard of a I-290 appeal but some immigration sites say you can't appeal a denied I-485. Can you take this to court and present your evidence to a judge?

3 years of a loving family with everything that goes with it ... could be ripped apart by 1 totally inept predjudice bitter person. Any thoughts or input (experience) would be appreciated.

Good day

Steve & Ksenia

502pfk.gif2rom8nd.gif

July 23, 2008 - Married my beautiful Ksenia

Oct 11, 2008 - I-130 Sent

Oct 13, 2008 - I-130 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

Oct 20, 2008 - Checks cashed by USCIS

Oct 24, 2008 - NOA1 (I-130)

Oct 25, 2008 - I-129F Sent to CSC

Oct 29, 2008 - I-129F Received at CSC

Oct 30, 2008 - NOA1 for I-129F mailed to me - received 11/22/08 because of address change

Oct 31, 2008 - I-130 Touched

Nov 3, 2008 - I-130 Touched

Nov 18, 2008 - I-129F Touched

Nov 20, 2008 - I-130 (for step daughter) Touched

Feb 17, 2009 - Case received by the NVC

Feb 25, 2009 - Received letter from NVC dated Feb 20th saying they had received my approved I-129F

Feb 27, 2009 - Received 2 letters from NVC dated Feb 20th - they had received both approved I-130's

Mar 6, 2009 - Medical for Ksenia & Sasha completed in Kiev. Everything is great.

Mar 9, 2009 - Called NVC and found out our K3 is in "administrative processing"

Apr 6, 2009 - OUT OF A.P. !!! File being sent to Kiev !

May 5, 2009 - K3 interview in Kiev! APPROVED !!!

July 12, 2009 - ARRIVAL IN USA !!!

Steve,

Sorry to hear about your case. I really do hope everything will work out in the end. Keeps us posted.

Best wish from me, Nadiya, little Yan and our new addition to the family ...little Camille :-)

Good luck man.

K1

09/11/08 - I-129F Sent
09/16/08 - I-129F NOA1
02/06/09 - I-129F NOA2
02/13/09 - NVC Received
04/06/09 - NVC Left
04/09/09 - Embassy Received
05/18/09 - Interview Passed/Visa Approved
05/21/09 - Visa Received (picked up at Fedex in Kiev)
05/28/09 - Entered U.S. via JFK
05/29/09 - Applied for SS#
06/08/09 - SS# Received in the mail
06/12/09 - Applied for a Marriage License
06/19/09 - Wedding Day
07/03/09 - SS# under new name received in the mail

AOS/EAD/AP
07/27/09 - I-485, I-765 & I-131 Sent
07/31/09 - Package arrived in Chicago
08/03/09 - NOA for all 3 forms
08/27/09 - Case transferred to CSC
09/02/09 - Biometrics appointment - Done
09/03/09 - EAD touched
09/04/09 - AOS touched
09/14/09 - AP & EAD approved - Card Ordered
09/18/09 - AP Received in the mail
09/21/09 - EAD Card received in the mail
09/25/09 - AOS Approved
09/29/09 - Green Card Sent
10/02/09 - Green Card Received.
12/18/09 - Got my Drivers License.

ROC
06/27/11 - I-751 Sent.
07/01/11 - NOA.
08/15/11- Biometrics appointment.
03/17/12- ROC Approved - No Interview.

Naturalization
01/21/15 - N-400 Sent

04/15/15 - Became a US Citizen

Thats just ####### how they treated you guys. I would report the I.O. Thier job is to be thorough but to be rude and condescending is not acceptable. I would definately ask to have a supervisor too attend the next interniew and if not tell them you want to record it. ;)( I don't that you can but it may make them double think about treating you in the same manner again?)

I'm so sorry. I don't really have any knowledge of this situation but I would say that in any circumstance even with immigration, I would think that there is the ability to complain is you're receiving unfair service. Stick with it and even though its hard I'm sure you'll come through the other side. Just do everything they ask in the meantime. Best of luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey all,

I wrote earlier how we had our interview February 23rd and how hostile the I.O. was toward us ... even going to the point of threatening my 7 year old daughter with deportation if she ever got a DUI in America ...

Now, we have a 2nd interview with the I.O. requesting tons of MORE evidence as if the info sent earlier was irrevalent. There is mountians of evidence supporting us as a complete family. It is clear this I.O. is looking for anything she can point to, however miniscule, to deny our petition.

Should we file a complaint with the I.O. supervisor? Maybe even ask for the supervisor to attend the interview to assure fair and honest consideration in our case?

This I.O. is dead set to deny us. So what then? I've heard of a I-290 appeal but some immigration sites say you can't appeal a denied I-485. Can you take this to court and present your evidence to a judge?

3 years of a loving family with everything that goes with it ... could be ripped apart by 1 totally inept predjudice bitter person. Any thoughts or input (experience) would be appreciated.

Good day

You should treat this as a Stokes interview Steve and prepare accordingly. One thing you should provide is any documents regarding Sasha that acknowledges you as a guardian. Medical records, school records, insurance records, etc. whether they asked for them or not, you can provide them. Both people being considered, officially and by third parties, as "parents" is very powerful evidence of legitimacy. Someone pulling a fraud may be willing to have joint utilities, but will they turn their child over to them?

If I can be of any help, email me. I would be glad to sign an affidavit if it would help.

IF you get denied you have a couple of options. One is to file an I-290 Motion to Re-open. This costs $585 and is not necessarily accepted, but they keep your money either way. It also requires that you submit evidence that was not available or not considered in the original decision.

The other option is to simply file another I-485 for $1000+ plus Sasha's fee of course. Bad news? It is more expensive. Good news...they will not reject it and at least consider it again.

Tell Ksenia not to worry, t'aint nothing but a thing. :thumbs:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Hey all,

Good day

FYI the I-290 is not an "appeal" it is a motion to re-open the case and reconsider it. An appeal would actually mean to have another entity review and possibly overturn the decision. The I-290 is a request for USCIS to reconsider the case. YES you can and I have helped two other families (successfully) to reopen and get approvals.

Rather than file a complaint, I suggest you walk into your Senators office and apprise them of the situation just in case. Just lay the gorund work if needed. Otherwise follow the directions you were given

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks for the replies everyone ... and Congrats Joe on your new one !!!

Gary ... just did a little research and the letter for the next "appearance" (it doesn't say interview) was mailed to Ksenia's name only, which means it is probably a stokes interview. I've looked at many sample sites about the questions and we should have no problems there. Ksenia knows someone from work that took thier attorney along and it turned into just a straight interview, not 'stokes'. So my question is, should we snag an attorney for that morning? Will that help push off the 'stokes'? We've also heard of nightmares regarding 'stokes' and with the terrible I.O. we have, I'm afraid it will turn into HELL ...

I will drop a line to your email later ... see if I have the right address still ...

Anybody else who's been at this point, please feel free to respond !!!

Thanks,

Steve

Steve & Ksenia

502pfk.gif2rom8nd.gif

July 23, 2008 - Married my beautiful Ksenia

Oct 11, 2008 - I-130 Sent

Oct 13, 2008 - I-130 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

Oct 20, 2008 - Checks cashed by USCIS

Oct 24, 2008 - NOA1 (I-130)

Oct 25, 2008 - I-129F Sent to CSC

Oct 29, 2008 - I-129F Received at CSC

Oct 30, 2008 - NOA1 for I-129F mailed to me - received 11/22/08 because of address change

Oct 31, 2008 - I-130 Touched

Nov 3, 2008 - I-130 Touched

Nov 18, 2008 - I-129F Touched

Nov 20, 2008 - I-130 (for step daughter) Touched

Feb 17, 2009 - Case received by the NVC

Feb 25, 2009 - Received letter from NVC dated Feb 20th saying they had received my approved I-129F

Feb 27, 2009 - Received 2 letters from NVC dated Feb 20th - they had received both approved I-130's

Mar 6, 2009 - Medical for Ksenia & Sasha completed in Kiev. Everything is great.

Mar 9, 2009 - Called NVC and found out our K3 is in "administrative processing"

Apr 6, 2009 - OUT OF A.P. !!! File being sent to Kiev !

May 5, 2009 - K3 interview in Kiev! APPROVED !!!

July 12, 2009 - ARRIVAL IN USA !!!

Timeline

Thanks for the replies everyone ... and Congrats Joe on your new one !!!

Gary ... just did a little research and the letter for the next "appearance" (it doesn't say interview) was mailed to Ksenia's name only, which means it is probably a stokes interview. I've looked at many sample sites about the questions and we should have no problems there. Ksenia knows someone from work that took thier attorney along and it turned into just a straight interview, not 'stokes'. So my question is, should we snag an attorney for that morning? Will that help push off the 'stokes'? We've also heard of nightmares regarding 'stokes' and with the terrible I.O. we have, I'm afraid it will turn into HELL ...

I will drop a line to your email later ... see if I have the right address still ...

Anybody else who's been at this point, please feel free to respond !!!

Thanks,

Steve

She is the applicant so it should be addressed to her. You should go also. They may or may not interview you also or separately. Your call on the attorney. but you have nothing to hide and just be honest and direct. I do not know what an attorney can do for you at this point anyway.

The general procedure of a Stokes interview is to separate you and ask questions only a couple living together would know. Stupid stuff like "what color is her toothbrush?" Like I check what color Alla's toothbrush is. It is the one on the left. :rofl: Which side of the bed you sleep on, draw a picture of your apartment..stuff like that.

Seriously, if you can bring them documents from Sasha's school which show both of you as "parents" that is good stuff. Does you medical insurance cover everyone?

My email address and phone are the same.

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.