David And Katie

London Medical on Monday the 18th...

20 posts in this topic

Anyone else on here having their medical tomorrow? :)

I am personally quite nervous about it (I have no reason to be!) I just naturally get freaked out about these things.

My appointment is just before 11 but I'm travelling down at 4am on the overnight coach from Manchestershire. UGH.

I have my:

Passport, driving licence, passport photo, police certificate and medical questionaire.

Aside from the contents of my bank account (ouch :( ) is there anything I've missed?

Yours,

David.

David.

K-1 Timeline:

14 Sep 2010 - Mailed in I-129F.

08 Feb 2011 - NOA 2.

09 Jun 2011 - Visa in hand.

13 Aug 2011 - Wedding day.

AOS Timeline:

14 Oct 2011 - Mailed in AOS/EAD forms.

21 Oct 2011 - NOA for AOS/EAD.

05 Nov 2011 - Case transferred to CSC.

08 Nov 2011 - Biometrics.

29 Dec 2011 - EAD in hand.

05 Jan 2012 - I-485 Approved (AOS).

11 Jan 2012 - I-551/Permanent Resident Card in hand.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

*taken from Nick's Tips

The Medical Exam

Can be booked as soon as you know your LND number. Must be done before the interview.

The Knightsbridge website is herehttp://www.visamedicals.info/us.asp Most people are scheduled at the Bentinck Mansions clinic. You should take your police report, immunization history, filled out questionnaire, and medical reports of any past or current illnesses including psychiatric. More from the Embassy:

http://london.usembassy.gov/immigrant-visas/medical-examination.html .

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/unitedkingdom/164203/cons-visa/iv_medical_letter.pdf This contains the USA Medical Questionnaire that you are to fill out and take to your exam. You have to answer the following questions.

Have you ever been hospitalized (including psychiatric admission)?

Have you ever had a disease of your heart or circulation?

Have you ever had a disease of your lungs?

Have you ever used tobacco?

Have you ever had tuberculosis?

Have you ever had a stroke, seizures or other neurological disorder?

Do you have a major impairment in learning, intelligence, self-care, memory or communication?

Have you ever had any mental disorder or depression?

Have you ever misused or abused drugs?

Have you ever had an addiction to or abused alcohol?

Have you ever caused deliberate injury to yourself or others?

Have you ever caused deliberate damage to property or had trouble with the law because of a mental condition, mental disorder or while under the influence of alcohol or drugs?

Have you ever had any sexually transmitted disease?

Have you ever had yaws, leprosy or malaria?

Have you ever had diabetes mellitus or other endocrine disorder?

Have you ever had a malignancy (cancer)?

Have you ever had any kidney or liver disease?

Do you have any visible disability (including loss of arms, legs or eyes)?

Is any medical treatment (including surgery) pending or anticipated?

Do you take any medication? (Please list all medications on a separate sheet)

Are you pregnant? If the answer is yes, please provide evidence of pregnancy/copy of pregnancy test result. Date of last period:____ Expected delivery date: ____

The doctor may want a report from your NHS doctor if you answer yes about any of the conditions above. Exception: smoking, pregnancy. They are basically seeking more information about the diseases/conditions. They will tell you to send them a medical report before they can complete the exam results. Save yourself some delays and take a report to your exam if you have any medical conditions. or take medications. They want to know full diagnosis, date, cured or ongoing, if it requires medication, etc. It’s a letter/report from the doctor, not copies of you records.

Immunizations

Immunizations are not required to get the visa. BUT they will be required to adjust status so might as well get them taken care of (hopefully free) by NHS. Adults will need (within the last 10 years):

MMR – Mumps, Measles, Rubella (if born in 1957 or later)

Tdap or Td – Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (whooping cough)

USCIS will okay your AOS if you get Td or Tdap or DT or DTP or DtaP. The difference is the strength of the immunization and the combination. D (big dose for diphtheria), d (little dose for diphtheria). The adult versions are Tdap and Td, but you may not be able to find those in the UK, so try for one of the others. Td is a booster without the pertussis (whooping cough) part. You’re ok with that one too.

Varicella – chickenpox If you had chickenpox, you don’t need the shot. They take your word for it.

Influenza – during flu season Oct 1 – Mar 31 for ages over 6 months. New rule in Nov. 2010, so it’s not just for over 50s anymore. If you will be mailing your AOS between April 31 and Sept 30 (not flu season), the flu shot will be excused by USCIS since they received it when it wasn’t required. If you mail AOS during flu season, but your visa exam wasn’t flu season, it will also be excused because it wasn’t required at the time of the medical exam.

Met online Jan 2009

Met in person 10th Sept 2010 (2 weeks)

2nd meeting 11th Feb 2011 (3 weeks)

Service Center California

Consulate London

I-129F sent 10/22/2010

I-129F NOA1 10/29/2010

Check Cashed 11/01/2010

I-129F RFE 11/04/2010

I-129F NOA2 04/06/2011

NVC Received 04/15/2011

NVC left 04/18/2011

Consulate rec 04/28/2011

Packet 3 rec 5/04/2011

Packet 3 sent 05/04/2011

Packet 4 rec 05/27/2011

Interview date 06/27/2011

Interview result APPROVED

Visa rec

POE

Marriage

Thanks, I had read that though I think I have everything (aside from vaccinations. I had an appointment booked with the GP Nurse, but I had manflu and had to cancel, and couldn't make another one before my medical...sigh).

David.

K-1 Timeline:

08 Feb 2011 - NOA 2.

AOS Timeline:

Timeline

Thanks, I had read that though I think I have everything (aside from vaccinations. I had an appointment booked with the GP Nurse, but I had manflu and had to cancel, and couldn't make another one before my medical...sigh).

You need to take some kind of proof for ur vaccines otherwise they will do them for u there at a cost or could just delay sending ur medicals till u get proof of them

good luck there isn't much to it unless you have been a drug or alcohol addict then its more thorough.

10/10/2010-------NOA1 and sent to California Service Center for processing

10/19/2010-------Check Cashed

10/21/2010-------NOA1 Hardcopy received

11/26/2010-------Touched

02/17/2011-------NOA2 email received from USCIS confirming approval

02/28/2011-------NVC Received

03/15/2011-------Left NVC forwarded to US consulate in UK after 15 days of AP

03/21/2011-------US Consulate receive paper work and logged

03/22/2011-------Packet 3 sent by US consulate

03/24/2011-------Packet 3 received from US Consulate

03/24/2011-------Packet 3 returned to Consulate

04/01/2011-------Packet 3 logged by Consulate

03/29/2011-------Medical booked

04/04/2011-------Packet 4 sent

04/09/2011 -------Packet 4 received

04/20/2011-------Interview APPROVED!!! :) 181 days from filing.

06/10/2011-------POE Chicago flight from LHR

AOS TIMELINE

06/10/2011------- entered USA

06/14/2011------- Applied for SSN#

06/24/2011 ------ Married in court prior to church wedding

06/30/2011------- filed AOS/EAD/AP

07/12/2011------- Received SSN#

09/06/2011------- AP and EAD approved

09/14/2011------- AP & EAD card received

10/06/2011------- AOS interview

Get your shots even if you have to pay for them! Tell them you had chickenpox and you'll only need MMR and Tdap/Td. You can ask them to hold your form until your GP faxes in your shots. It takes a few days to get your lab results back, so the forms arent going to the embassy immediately anyway. The important thing is to get ALL immunizations recorded on the Knightsbridge DS-3025 form. If you wait, there's the chance your GP will say they don't give Tdap or whatever. People have told me their GPs didn't always want to give the shots.

I'd spend the 60-65 quid and get it over with.

Here's a map with the medical and embassy marked. You can zoom it in or out, move it around, print it. Don't know your plans, but get off the coach at Marble Arch/Park Lane instead of going all the way to Victoria Station (further south and further away from the medical.) You'll see Park Lane on the map at the edge of Hyde Park (just left of the green pin marking the embassy). You can walk from there. Nich-Nick's map

And finally, here's the reason I say get the shots recorded by Knightsbridge. These are some of the frustrations people post. There are hundreds of these posts in the AOS forum. If you take care of the shots now, you DO NOT have to see a civil surgeon at all once in the US except if you are one of the unlucky ones where USCIS loses your medical files.

• After calling every civil surgeon in our area we finally found one who will transcribe my vaccinations to I-693 without doing a whole medical all over again and won't cost us a fortune. I have a copy of my medical from Slovenia (done within a year - December 2010) but missing Varicella shot so I'm guessing I will have to have that shot before they sign I-693.
  • I called the only civil surgeon in my city today and they quoted me $1300!!
  • we went back to the civil surgeon with the letter and he is saying my husband need to do the whole physical all over again.i told him that the letter is only asking for tuberculin test or new blood test.but he is not listening what should i do?pls help me.
  • I am adjusting from a K1 visa and I cannot find a civil surgeon who wants to transfer over the vaccination supplement to the I-693. I have been to 4 clinic in Denver now and they all say I need a medical exam. I even showed them the instructions for the I-485. Really frustrating! If anybody in Denver knows which civil surgeon to get that done, it would be great! Thanks.
  • When i went to see a civil surgeon it cost me $100 just for them to put a signature onto the paperwork.
  • Called one civil surgeon today and he wanted to do a complete phyical, told him ivys medical was less than one year old.He told me so what it was the complete phyical or nothing for 500.00 dollars. I called another one and they say ivy and my step daughter had to have the TB test and STD test and he would charge 300.00 dollars for each one.I told him you must be joking about STD test for my step daughter cause she was only 9 years old!Gonna call some more tomorrow.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

I took my vaccination books with me and they gave me a piece of paper (for my records) to say I am up to date and sent the original to the embassy. If you are not up to date, I would say to save money do not get them done at the clinic, you don't need to be up to date till AOS. Also, bring a passport picture (can't remember if you mentioned you had it all ready).

Timeline

Get your shots even if you have to pay for them! Tell them you had chickenpox and you'll only need MMR and Tdap/Td. You can ask them to hold your form until your GP faxes in your shots. It takes a few days to get your lab results back, so the forms arent going to the embassy immediately anyway. The important thing is to get ALL immunizations recorded on the Knightsbridge DS-3025 form. If you wait, there's the chance your GP will say they don't give Tdap or whatever. People have told me their GPs didn't always want to give the shots.

I'd spend the 60-65 quid and get it over with.

Here's a map with the medical and embassy marked. You can zoom it in or out, move it around, print it. Don't know your plans, but get off the coach at Marble Arch/Park Lane instead of going all the way to Victoria Station (further south and further away from the medical.) You'll see Park Lane on the map at the edge of Hyde Park (just left of the green pin marking the embassy). You can walk from there. Nich-Nick's map

And finally, here's the reason I say get the shots recorded by Knightsbridge. These are some of the frustrations people post. There are hundreds of these posts in the AOS forum. If you take care of the shots now, you DO NOT have to see a civil surgeon at all once in the US except if you are one of the unlucky ones where USCIS loses your medical files.

• After calling every civil surgeon in our area we finally found one who will transcribe my vaccinations to I-693 without doing a whole medical all over again and won't cost us a fortune. I have a copy of my medical from Slovenia (done within a year - December 2010) but missing Varicella shot so I'm guessing I will have to have that shot before they sign I-693.
  • I called the only civil surgeon in my city today and they quoted me $1300!!
  • we went back to the civil surgeon with the letter and he is saying my husband need to do the whole physical all over again.i told him that the letter is only asking for tuberculin test or new blood test.but he is not listening what should i do?pls help me.
  • I am adjusting from a K1 visa and I cannot find a civil surgeon who wants to transfer over the vaccination supplement to the I-693. I have been to 4 clinic in Denver now and they all say I need a medical exam. I even showed them the instructions for the I-485. Really frustrating! If anybody in Denver knows which civil surgeon to get that done, it would be great! Thanks.
  • When i went to see a civil surgeon it cost me $100 just for them to put a signature onto the paperwork.
  • Called one civil surgeon today and he wanted to do a complete phyical, told him ivys medical was less than one year old.He told me so what it was the complete phyical or nothing for 500.00 dollars. I called another one and they say ivy and my step daughter had to have the TB test and STD test and he would charge 300.00 dollars for each one.I told him you must be joking about STD test for my step daughter cause she was only 9 years old!Gonna call some more tomorrow.

Hi there,

I'm a bit lost here. I wasn't born in the uk but I've been a uk citizen a couple of years ago. I called my mum back in my home town and ask about the vaccinations record. Unfortunately, we couldn't find any. So I went to see my GP and they gave me a record of Hepatitis B and Rubella that I had it here, that's all I have. If I have these vaccinations done MMR and DTap with my GP, will I be alright once I go for medical examination? Please guide me I need help thanks

Hi there,

I'm a bit lost here. I wasn't born in the uk but I've been a uk citizen a couple of years ago. I called my mum back in my home town and ask about the vaccinations record. Unfortunately, we couldn't find any. So I went to see my GP and they gave me a record of Hepatitis B and Rubella that I had it here, that's all I have. If I have these vaccinations done MMR and DTap with my GP, will I be alright once I go for medical examination? Please guide me I need help thanks

The shots have to be within the last 10 years, so most people will be getting new ones anyway. Not finding your baby shot records isn't a big deal. Here's what the adjudicator approving your AOS will be looking for in adult records (over 18).

Td or Tdap (if DT, DTP or DTaP shown: okay to accept); MMR; Varicella

If you had chickenpox as a child, you are excused from the varicella shot and it will be marked as VH (varicella history) on your DS3025 sheet at Knightsbridge. They take your word for it. Varicella shots are not routinely given in the UK so a GP proobably won't have the vaccine. Surely you've already had chickenpox?? :whistle:

I took my vaccination books with me and they gave me a piece of paper (for my records) to say I am up to date and sent the original to the embassy. If you are not up to date, I would say to save money do not get them done at the clinic, you don't need to be up to date till AOS. Also, bring a passport picture (can't remember if you mentioned you had it all ready).

Totally missed my previous point or didn't read it. First of all they give everybody "a piece of paper" (DS3025) whether you have all the shots or not. Yes, you can get a K visa without shots, but then you're dealing with a civil surgeon in the US, paying more money, and delaying filing....which also means a longer time until you can work or get a driver's license. That's why I say, get the shots before or at Knightsbridge. Not a rule, just a friendly tip. I know 100% for sure that you can be approed for AOS without seeing a civil surgeon if you get that DS3025 filled out properly by Knightsbridge. Leaving Knightsbridge and going to your GP before you leave the UK doesn't count. Everything must be complete and be signed off by Knightsbridge. They will give everybody a paper, but it may not meet USCIS standards for AOS approval.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

The shots have to be within the last 10 years, so most people will be getting new ones anyway. Not finding your baby shot records isn't a big deal. Here's what the adjudicator approving your AOS will be looking for in adult records (over 18).

Td or Tdap (if DT, DTP or DTaP shown: okay to accept); MMR; Varicella

If you had chickenpox as a child, you are excused from the varicella shot and it will be marked as VH (varicella history) on your DS3025 sheet at Knightsbridge. They take your word for it. Varicella shots are not routinely given in the UK so a GP proobably won't have the vaccine. Surely you've already had chickenpox?? :whistle:

Totally missed my previous point or didn't read it. First of all they give everybody "a piece of paper" (DS3025) whether you have all the shots or not. Yes, you can get a K visa without shots, but then you're dealing with a civil surgeon in the US, paying more money, and delaying filing....which also means a longer time until you can work or get a driver's license. That's why I say, get the shots before or at Knightsbridge. Not a rule, just a friendly tip. I know 100% for sure that you can be approed for AOS without seeing a civil surgeon if you get that DS3025 filled out properly by Knightsbridge. Leaving Knightsbridge and going to your GP before you leave the UK doesn't count. Everything must be complete and be signed off by Knightsbridge. They will give everybody a paper, but it may not meet USCIS standards for AOS approval.

Thank you again for the advice but sorry English isn't my first language but I'm working on it though :) But yeah thanks again I'm now more understand :)

Thank you again for the advice but sorry English isn't my first language but I'm working on it though :) But yeah thanks again I'm now more understand :)

I don't mean you missed the point. It was the post before you. I understand and applaud the people trying to get through immigration who aren't native English speakers. I think that's why when I reply to somebody it seems like I go on and on way too much. But I try to explain it real plain for those who don't speak English well. And I meant to tell you--

MMR is mumps, measles, rubella all in one shot, so you will need the mumps and measles part if you only had rubella.

Tdap/Td/DTP is for Tetanus, Diptheria, Pertussis (whooping cough). There's different combinations and strengths. Tdap is for adults, but since they didn't have it at his GP, he got DTP which is for babies. It was accepted for AOS and didn't make him sick or anything. It's stronger than the adult version.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Don't worry! My fiance just had his on the 8th and said they were super nice and it was a breeze. he even checked that he was in the right place about 4 hours early before he went to do sightseeing, but they had an opening and took him right away! the worst that will happen with the immunizations is you'll have to get extra shots and pay a bit more... good luck!

POE: 5/17/2011

Wedding: 5/21/2011

AOS Mailed: 6/17/2011

NOA1 6/27/2011

RFE 7/13/2011

EAD approved 8/22/2011 :)

AOS Approved 9/14/2011 :) :) :)

USCIS Free till 2013!!!!!!!!! :)

It was painless :) I decided NOT to have the shots today - money is tight enough without paying extra, but the vaccinations lady (sorry, I don't know if she was a Dr or not) said it was fine to get them done at my GPs and have them email the results, and she will sign my vaccinations record off.

She gave me a letter to give to the nurse/doctor to explain things.

I have an appt with the nurse on Wednesday, which is when I was told my bloods come back anyway, so if I get the nurse to email knightsbridge on Weds after I have my shots I shouldn't have delayed it more than a day or two at most - I am STILL waiting on my lovely girl to send me the I-134 form (well no that's a lie she mailed it today) so I can't send in the DS-2001 just yet anyway.

NickNich - thanks a lot for your help, it was invaluable. I would have accepted the £60 shots then and there if I could have afforded it. Even if I do pay at my GPs I should be less. That £60 will go towards the train ticket next time I have to be in London - the bus was a total nightmare.

David.

K-1 Timeline:

08 Feb 2011 - NOA 2.

AOS Timeline:

It was painless :) I decided NOT to have the shots today - money is tight enough without paying extra, but the vaccinations lady (sorry, I don't know if she was a Dr or not) said it was fine to get them done at my GPs and have them email the results, and she will sign my vaccinations record off.

She gave me a letter to give to the nurse/doctor to explain things.

Perfect. Nick did the same. He didn't want to spend £25. Then his GP said DTP was in short supply at the time and reserved for babies. A couple of days later, the nurse called and said we have DTP with your name on it. When do you want to come in? Yay! So it all worked out. The immunization nurse at Knightsbridge was super helpful to him. She mailed a copy of his DS-3025 form to him after it was signed off.

When you get to AOS, you're going to read a lot of people saying (and VJ guidelines) to pay a civil surgeon to copy your DS-3025 shots to an I-693. I can tell you about 100 people who didn't because they got it complete at their visa medical. A photocopy of your DS-3025 with Tdap/Td/DTP etc, MMR, and VH (by varicella)on it; the "results" marked incomplete-may be eligible for blanket waiver; and the doctor's signature will be considered acceptable.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Perfect. Nick did the same. He didn't want to spend £25. Then his GP said DTP was in short supply at the time and reserved for babies. A couple of days later, the nurse called and said we have DTP with your name on it. When do you want to come in? Yay! So it all worked out. The immunization nurse at Knightsbridge was super helpful to him. She mailed a copy of his DS-3025 form to him after it was signed off.

When you get to AOS, you're going to read a lot of people saying (and VJ guidelines) to pay a civil surgeon to copy your DS-3025 shots to an I-693. I can tell you about 100 people who didn't because they got it complete at their visa medical. A photocopy of your DS-3025 with Tdap/Td/DTP etc, MMR, and VH (by varicella)on it; the "results" marked incomplete-may be eligible for blanket waiver; and the doctor's signature will be considered acceptable.

The receptionist and the nurse both told me they'd mail me a copy (and told me to make LOTS OF COPIES) of it, and not to lose it, because I'll need it for AOS (they both stressed to me the importance of making copies of it and keep the original safe).

They were really nice and helpful about it all :)

So tomorrow hopefully the GP nurse will understand what I want and give me the right jabs :) Thanks Nich :)

David.

K-1 Timeline:

08 Feb 2011 - NOA 2.

AOS Timeline:

While this topic is still fresh, I wanted to share yet another person who got their greencard approved this week without having their immunizations transcribed to an I-693 by a civil surgeon.

I just got this message

Wanted to thank you for your world of information about all of this AOS stuff. You were correct and we made it through with out having to have his shot record transcribed. The DS thingy was just fine as we did receive his green card with out a interview or a RFE. Really do appreciate your help.

See...I'm not making this stuff up kids. :P

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.