5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hi

I am very very confused about this whole AOS process. I have filled out all the forms:

I-864 (Affidavit of Support)

I-485 (Application to register permanent Residence or Adjust Status)

G-325A (Biographic Information)

I-765 (Application for employment authorization)

I-313 (Application for travel document)

G-1145 (notification of application/ petition acceptance)

I had a medical exam prior coming to the states in South Korea (that is where we were both living) BUT I did not get any vaccinations, and I don't have any record of my vaccinations from Iran. do I need to fill out form I-693 and send it with the rest of my forms, or do they ask for that at the interview? to fill out the form do I need to get my vaccinations done first or can I wait until closer to the interview?

Hi

I am very very confused about this whole AOS process. I have filled out all the forms:

I-864 (Affidavit of Support)

I-485 (Application to register permanent Residence or Adjust Status)

G-325A (Biographic Information)

I-765 (Application for employment authorization)

I-313 (Application for travel document)

G-1145 (notification of application/ petition acceptance)

I had a medical exam prior coming to the states in South Korea (that is where we were both living) BUT I did not get any vaccinations, and I don't have any record of my vaccinations from Iran. do I need to fill out form I-693 and send it with the rest of my forms, or do they ask for that at the interview? to fill out the form do I need to get my vaccinations done first or can I wait until closer to the interview?

I suggest you find a civil surgeon and have the immunizations done either by him or a health department and have the civil surgeon fill out the immunization section of the I-693. Call ahead and make sure they will do only the immunizations and ask the price. You don't need the full medical exam again, but many civil surgeons insist they do the whole thing. You do NOT need a whole exam. Keep calling until you find one at a good price.Read the instructions of the I-693 to understand the process better.

The civil surgeon will seal up the I-693 and give it to you to mail with your application.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

that was great help, thank you so much. I will start calling places on Monday and try to get an appointment ASAP. I have been in the states for a month now but we have been traveling to meet my husbands family and have not had time to file for our AOS, we just got back yesterday and are getting everything done now, I hope it's not too late. I still have tow months left on my visa though :)

that was great help, thank you so much. I will start calling places on Monday and try to get an appointment ASAP. I have been in the states for a month now but we have been traveling to meet my husbands family and have not had time to file for our AOS, we just got back yesterday and are getting everything done now, I hope it's not too late. I still have tow months left on my visa though :)

There is no timeline to do AOS, but always best to try to do it before your 90 days is up. Your visa is over the minute you use it to enter the US so the visa expiration date means nothing anymore.

Try this thread to see if there is a civil surgeon in your area of the ones people have reported as good.

civil surgeons who don't rip you off

The shots you need are MMR, Tdap, and varicella (if you haven't had chickenpox). You can get those anywhere and take the proof to the civil surgeon or you can asked to have the CS give you the shots. Ask about their prices. If there is a county or city health dept near you, that may be cheaper.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

hey, thanks again for the help, I found a civil surgeon in Denver (a little far from our house) but they knew exactly how the process was done and they even had the I- 693 forms there, I only got two shots ( still hurts, lol)

we will file it tomorrow hopefully. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.