Andrew_Qin

What is the duration of a Chinese police clearance certificate?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My wife applied for her police clearance and was told by an officer at the police station that the certificate was valid only for one month. I was under the impression that it was good for six months to one year. Can anyone clarify this for me?

Timeline

sideways question - was the police clearance obtained at the big PSB in her city of hukuo registration, or not ?

if not, perhaps that's where the 'validity' duration comes from ?

While the officer may have TOLD her it's valid for one month - exactly WHAT is printed on the clearance, in terms of expiration date or validity dates?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-2 Country: China
Timeline

Yep, 1 month is a short period of time that I have not heard of. Has your wife checked for a date that was printed?

07/07/09 : Married

08/18/09: I-130 Sent to Chicago

08/20/09: I-130 Received by USCIS

08/25/09: NOA1

09/22/09: NOA2

10/05/09: Received case# and gave emails

10/07/09: Received DS-3032 and AOS email

10/09/09: Sent DS-3032 email to optin electronic filing

10/15/09: Paid both AOS & IV fees

10/16/09: Received email electronic filing accepted

10/18/09: Sent AOS via email

10/23/09: Received email that AOS was accepted and waiting for IV

10/27/09: Sent IV via email

11/10/09: Signon to payment failure

11/19/09: Received email for interview - December 14th

12/14/09: Approved for Visa

12/16/09: Received Visa

Timeline

My wife applied for her police clearance and was told by an officer at the police station that the certificate was valid only for one month. I was under the impression that it was good for six months to one year. Can anyone clarify this for me?

The police may mean that the investigate documents provided by them to a notary office will be valid for a month. It means your wife should send the documents to notary office in a month. Just like marriage license in US.

Anyway there is no time-line stated on her police certificate provided by a notary office. The certificate is valid for a year at Guangzhou Consulate.

Edited by xiaozhu

• 1 year later...
Filed: Country: China
Timeline

I am bringing this thread back to life because I have the same question about how long a polce report is valid for.

My spouse is going to get a police report this week, but there is a chance that the interview date will be sometime next year.

We intend to send it to NVC soon after obtaining the police report, but if for some reason the interview is scheduled after a year, does it mean we'll have to get another one? I sure hope not because it would mean more travel costs, wasted time, and the hassle of obtaining this silly piece of paper all over again!

Lastly, is a Chinese citizen required to get a police report from a SAR region if they've spent more than six months there?

Thank you for your help.

Filed: IR-2 Country: China
Timeline

Usually the police clearance is good for a year but have heard of it being for 6 months in some cases and not sure why. If your wife's police clearance is past due when interview then she will need to get another, just hope the interview is not that far out. Good luck.

07/07/09 : Married

08/18/09: I-130 Sent to Chicago

08/20/09: I-130 Received by USCIS

08/25/09: NOA1

09/22/09: NOA2

10/05/09: Received case# and gave emails

10/07/09: Received DS-3032 and AOS email

10/09/09: Sent DS-3032 email to optin electronic filing

10/15/09: Paid both AOS & IV fees

10/16/09: Received email electronic filing accepted

10/18/09: Sent AOS via email

10/23/09: Received email that AOS was accepted and waiting for IV

10/27/09: Sent IV via email

11/10/09: Signon to payment failure

11/19/09: Received email for interview - December 14th

12/14/09: Approved for Visa

12/16/09: Received Visa

Timeline

Usually the police clearance is good for a year but have heard of it being for 6 months in some cases and not sure why. If your wife's police clearance is past due when interview then she will need to get another, just hope the interview is not that far out. Good luck.

Great, just great...Such a hassle and huge stress.

How about the SAR bit where a Chinese citizen has lived for more than six months? Do we have to get one for each city in mainland as well if they lived there for more than 6 months after 16th birthday?

Edited by Groundhog

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

How about the SAR bit where a Chinese citizen has lived for more than six months? Do we have to get one for each city in mainland as well if they lived there for more than 6 months after 16th birthday?

For the mainland, your spouse will only obtain one police certificate from the notary office where their hukou is located. It is considered valid for the entire country.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

How about the SAR bit where a Chinese citizen has lived for more than six months?

Your wife will need to obtain a separate police certificate for the S.A.R. I remember this same question came up a couple of years ago and the beneficiary contacted the consulate in Guangzhou and was told a certificate was needed for the mainland and another was needed for Hong Kong. Checkout post #s 12 & 15 in the following thread:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/44131-china-police-certificate/

Timeline

I am bringing this thread back to life because I have the same question about how long a polce report is valid for.

My spouse is going to get a police report this week, but there is a chance that the interview date will be sometime next year.

We intend to send it to NVC soon after obtaining the police report, but if for some reason the interview is scheduled after a year, does it mean we'll have to get another one? I sure hope not because it would mean more travel costs, wasted time, and the hassle of obtaining this silly piece of paper all over again!

Lastly, is a Chinese citizen required to get a police report from a SAR region if they've spent more than six months there?

Thank you for your help.

are you using EP at NVC? If so, she can email you the beast. Are you even close to doc intake 'start' at NVC or no? Usually is best to get the white books right after a GUZ # is assigned at NVC. If you do utilize EP at NVC, well, it cuts down on the wait time, and the interview date is also set with NVC, for a month after case complete at NVC.

I'd suggest you refactor your calendar of 'when to get them' tied in with your efforts at NVC. While yer at it, can enter yer timeline data over at http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=128619 ?? Helps folk who are answering yer questions, and helps those coming up behind you, and helps 'the stats' section here at VJ.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

First of all, thanks to those who replied.

Went ahead and got the PSB report and signed up for the EP to speed things up.

Compiling paperwork and gonna scan them to send to NVC.

I hope the whole process, including the interview, is smoother for IR1 applicants at GUZ because this whole ordeal sure is a lengthy and trying.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.