03/25/2011----->NOA1 received via text &email @ 1:15am

(Case transfered to Vermont)

03/29/2011----->NOA1 hardcopy received dated 3/23/11

03/29/2011----->TOUCHED

07/05/2011-----> NOA2 received via text & email

07/07/2011-----> NOA2 hardcopy receive dated 7/05/11

07/18/2011----->Package left NVC for Nigeria

07/25/2011-----> NVC hardcopy case number received dated 07/08/11

10/14/2011-----> Interview date-------APPROVED!!!!!! :)

10/21/2011----->VISA IN HAND ....Doxology :)

01/14/2012----->Arrival via Chicago

01/28/2012----->Married

03/28/2012----->AOE/EAD/AP filed

04/04/2012----->NOA1 received

04/27/2012----->Biometrics appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Great post. As much as I want to get to the US to be with my fiance and our friends and family there, its very scary/emotional for me since I do still live at home (I'm 21) and my mom and I are EXTREMELY close. She is my best friend and I love her so much and I know its going to be very very hard to move so far away from her and go from seeing her every single day to only a couple times a year if we're lucky, so I am trying to spend a lot of quality time with her and the rest of my family.

So many mixed feelings and different emotions in this visa process.

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I've experienced the other side of this as well. For a year I lived together with my fiance in China for a year. It was culture shock from the moment I stepped off the plane. It was my first time in China or any Asian country. The first week I was nervous and saw everyone was staring at me which made me more nervous. As time went by I got used to the different culture and was really enjoying life there. Good food, nice weather, nice friends it was great. Then more time passed, I started getting annoyed by all the spitting everywhere, everyone pushing and shoving to get on buses and trains, the supermarkets full of people screaming not to mention the level of corruption. That's just part of life in China and I either had to get used to it or get out. After a year we decided we would give living over here a shot.

I've been here for about 7 months now and its absolutely wonderful to be able to see my family again but when I was in China I spoke with them at least a few times a week on skype and if we do end up having to go back to China it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. I'm hoping this doesn't happen though because my fiance comes from a traditional Chinese family where her parents constantly praise her brother since he is the only boy despite him contributing nothing to them and she is only criticized for not doing enough even after giving them half her paycheck. My family has already welcomed her into our family and I think it will be nice for her to have more support than she's used to.

I do think we would have a less stressful life here being further away from her family but she is the most important thing in the world to me and I would go back to China in a heartbeat if that's what it took to be with her. Otherwise I think we'll be happy with yearly trips back there for Chinese New Year.

08-07-10 | I129-F Sent

08-17-10 | NOA1 Received

10-03-10 | Touched

02-03-11 | RFE hardcopy received (AWESOME!!)

03-06-11 | RFE response sent overnight

03-14-11 | USCIS received RFE response

04-04-11 | Contacted senator

04-14-11 | NOA2 Received (241 Days from NOA1 or 7 months, 29 days)

04-22-11 | NVC Sent Package to China

05-16-11 | Guangzhou Consulate received Package from NVC

06-05-11 | P4 Received

06-15-11 | Medical Exam

06-16-11 | Handed in documents to consulate

06-17-11 | Interview Passed

06-23-11 | Visa in hand

06-28-11 | Expected Arrival in New York

08-24-11 | Tied the knot

12-15-11 | Biometrics Taken for AOS

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.