Amby

Chicago school bans lunches from home

59 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

The scary thing is that whatever we DO have in this country was built by people that brought lunch to school in brown paper bags, ran with scissors, rode in the car standing on the front seat between Mom AND Dad and slept on their stomachs without a baby monitor. we also played with mercury when thermometers broke and had good old lead based paint on our walls!

What are going to look forward to?

have you considered that people who did not make it safely through these scenarios un-brain damaged are now the ones who have gravitated into gov't positions suitable for their diminished mental capacity?

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

What you fail to realize, is ignoring a symptom only leads to more of the same.

We see this every day in society. People grab that inch and then when no one stops them from keeping that inch, they reach out for miles.

You must wet your pants everytime you read an article like this.

I see a school looking for an underhand way to make money.

You see indoctrination, tyranny, totalitarianism and a short walk to the gas chamber.

What sounds more plausible to you?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

You must wet your pants everytime you read an article like this.

I see a school looking for an underhand way to make money.

You see indoctrination, tyranny, totalitarianism and a short walk to the gas chamber.

What sounds more plausible to you?

how is a school going to make money in this scenario?

They have to hire more staff to accomodate the meals they'll need to make to serve the entire student body, they have to buy more food, they have to use more electricity/gas/water, etc.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

how is a school going to make money in this scenario?

charge $10/day/child for food that costs (total including food/staff/physical plant) $2/day/child. somebody needs to make a profit so they can skim $. the school will get a kick-back from the skimmer ...

Edited by natty bumppo

Most schools don't make meals, they buy mass produced ####### which is already heated off premises which require 0 extra staff to dole out to the kids. No liberal would be keen on such a scheme for their kids. Being liberal does not equal totalitarian, no matter how many times the moron libertarians try to pretend that it does.

Having said that, it's not about ideology, and it's also meaningless to try to put every single story into an ideological context, particularly in this mindless way.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

Most schools don't make meals, they buy mass produced ####### which is already heated off premises which require 0 extra staff to dole out to the kids. No liberal would be keen on such a scheme for their kids. Being liberal does not equal totalitarian, no matter how many times the moron libertarians try to pretend that it does.

Having said that, it's not about ideology, and it's also meaningless to try to put every single story into an ideological context, particularly in this mindless way.

I see regulations/laws galore that disagree with this, especially when it comes to raising children.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

I see regulations/laws galore that disagree with this, especially when it comes to raising children.

I am sure you do, but then you see the world through a very distorted lens and try to pin inappropriate labels on almost everything. I am sure you enjoy the controversy but it's really not very useful in actually understanding how things really work and how to change things that you don't like.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Timeline

really? in OK the schools have full kitchens & a staff that does cook the meals. the districts i'm familiar with do anyway.

7yqZWFL.jpg

really? in OK the schools have full kitchens & a staff that does cook the meals. the districts i'm familiar with do anyway.

she doesn't know what she's talking about.

although yes if you really want to get detailed, the school cafeterias dont slaughter their own animals for meat.

Edited by \

Timeline

I am sure you do, but then you see the world through a very distorted lens and try to pin inappropriate labels on almost everything. I am sure you enjoy the controversy but it's really not very useful in actually understanding how things really work and how to change things that you don't like.

I look at the world through a lens that understands the nastiness of mankind. I have very little faith in people when it comes to truly doing the right thing and not creating a system that is reactionary.

With that being said, once liberty in one form or another is taken away, it's damn near impossible to get it back.

The only thing that breeds true change and liberty is revolution. Even in that scenario though, you better be damn sure that you can win, because if you don't your liberty will fall short of where it was even before.

The 'fair' system of government that we initially had at the founding of this nation has formed into something no where near what it was/what it's supposed to be. So much of this has to do with the nationalization of everyting as I have explained time and time again.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Timeline

I guess it probably differs across the country, but i suppose you would either have a dedicated catering staff employed by the school who cook meals from scratch, or you have agency staff placed by a catering company that the school has a contract with, who provide a mixture of pre-prepared food.

That could be true, but nationwide it certainly is not. I don't know one local school that has a working kitchen or any staff that know how to use it.

Timeline

I look at the world through a lens that understands the nastiness of mankind. I have very little faith in people when it comes to truly doing the right thing and not creating a system that is reactionary.

With that being said, once liberty in one form or another is taken away, it's damn near impossible to get it back.

The only thing that breeds true change and liberty is revolution. Even in that scenario though, you better be damn sure that you can win, because if you don't your liberty will fall short of where it was even before.

The 'fair' system of government that we initially had at the founding of this nation has formed into something no where near what it was/what it's supposed to be. So much of this has to do with the nationalization of everyting as I have explained time and time again.

Talking about liberty, freedom and justice in a thread like this is pretty ridiculous

Talking about liberty, freedom and justice in a thread like this is pretty ridiculous

When all you have is a hammer....

That could be true, but nationwide it certainly is not. I don't know one local school that has a working kitchen or any staff that know how to use it.

California sucks.