Amby

Chicago school bans lunches from home

59 posts in this topic

Around here, it's in between.

For example - school cafeterias will buy frozen uncooked beef patties and cook the burgers on site. They don't actually slaughter the animal nor do they make the patties on-site so it's not truly "from scratch".

For salads, they aren't actually cutting up lettuce on-site either. Shredded lettuce is provided to the schools (much in the way it is provided to a Subway) and the salads are assembled on site. The lettuce isn't grown on school premises so not "from scratch" either.

Fact is, there is ideal and there is economical and all levels of government (that is what a public school system is) have to make a choice that strikes the right balance. Schools in California apparently made the choice to buy cooked food and reheat on site. Schools here buy uncooked food and cook on site.

Not even. The schools that i know about bring in pre-heated food. Nothing is heated, cooked or touched other than to be dished out. The 'food' is all junk and I would not let my son eat it even if it was the only thing he could eat.

You will never be good at math without diligence.

You will never be good at math if you don't understand the concepts. If you get 10 out of 10 for handing in 10 problems regardless of whether you answer them correctly, that's not going to teach you ####### all.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Exactly, you simply don't see things as they really are. This post clearly demonstrates that.

It might be news to you Paul, but democracy implies that policies will change dependent on the 'mood' of the people at each election. Expecting the US to remain static and have a democratic system of government is schizophrenic

Wrong. A true Democracy creates an imposing form of government on the minority.

That's why when this nation was founded the way it was, it was not a 'true' Democracy and was made sure that everyone still had a voice in one way or another though. We long left that when every politician is elected by the people. THAT is part of the problem with the society we have today. To not know and understand that is being blind and ignorant of how politicians in Washington get/keep their positions. ESPECIALLY in the Senate today. You might get lucky if you live in a small enough community to get the member of the house you want representing you, but that one vote isn't going to make much of a difference.

I see things exactly for what they are, and that's your problem as well as many others on this board. There are a couple of members who understand the way I explain things. It might be hard for some because I don't beat around the bush and I don't step around what I am trying to say. I am direct and to the point and that's not easy for many to understand. That's fine and I get that, but to try and dismiss it without trying to understand it first, is a load of #######.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Wrong. A true Democracy creates an imposing form of government on the minority.

That's why when this nation was founded the way it was, it was not a 'true' Democracy and was made sure that everyone still had a voice in one way or another though. We long left that when every politician is elected by the people. THAT is part of the problem with the society we have today. To not know and understand that is being blind and ignorant of how politicians in Washington get/keep their positions. ESPECIALLY in the Senate today. You might get lucky if you live in a small enough community to get the member of the house you want representing you, but that one vote isn't going to make much of a difference.

I see things exactly for what they are, and that's your problem as well as many others on this board. There are a couple of members who understand the way I explain things. It might be hard for some because I don't beat around the bush and I don't step around what I am trying to say. I am direct and to the point and that's not easy for many to understand. That's fine and I get that, but to try and dismiss it without trying to understand it first, is a load of #######.

:rofl:

Carry on Paul, it's very amusing.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Of course not. But without diligence you are no good either.

You could know all the concepts in the world but if you can't think math in your sleep, you're no good.

So a system that rewards doing the problems more than answering the problems correctly makes sense to you? It goes without saying that if you don't do the problems at all you can not demonstrate that you can do them correctly.

I'm not sure what you mean by thinking math in your sleep btw

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

:rofl:

Carry on Paul, it's very amusing.

Yes, the truth is amusing to you.

Sometimes I wonder if you're some Robot who's here to just mess with everyone. :rolleyes:

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

There are a couple of members who understand the way I explain things.

Count me among those few.

The truth is sometimes hard to accept.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Count me among those few.

The truth is sometimes hard to accept.

Well, that settles it, Slim understands Paul so Paul must be right Perfect :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
think math in your sleep
I dreamt (or did I hallucinate it, while awake) that Algebra is the national language of Algeria, 2x + y = C man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

I look at the world through a lens that understands the nastiness of mankind. I have very little faith in people when it comes to truly doing the right thing and not creating a system that is reactionary.

No kidding.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

THIS is what happens when the government even gets close to health care.

It's odd how the dots in your mind connect school lunches and health care reform.

But carry on.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Well, that settles it, Slim understands Paul so Paul must be right Perfect :thumbs:

Be careful, it sounds like you're starting to get it too!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"