EHUTE6

affidavit of support

12 posts in this topic

hello all im about to file for my son I-130 first thing is do i just file the i-130 ON ITS OWN or do i need other paper work!!!!

second , is about the affidavit of support , do they use the gross or net income for the support ???i live with my Girl friend and she has a boy i dont support her or her son financially , we just spill bills etc etc,, do i count them as family??? if not its just me and my son , and i think it was around $19,000 whats need for support i made 21,000 gross this year on my taxes ,

third ,i work for myself and my last years tax return wasnt very good at all below 19,000 !!!do they use the most recent tax return ?? for the return they want 3 ???

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You need supporting evidence when you file, theres more to it than just an I-130. You should read the guides they are quite helpful.

They look at the most recent tax return as well as your current income. Your current income must meet the I-864 poverty guideline requirements.

Is your girlfriend and her son your family? Do you consider yourselves a family? You currently have a house hold size of 3 - it would be 4 including your son.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

If you are self employed then the income measured is line 22 of the most recent year's form 1040 tax return. That's not the gross earnings.

Household size would just be you plus any dependents (minor children living with you or not).

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

Please read further on the guides. Here - http://www.visajourney.com/content/childpet

Do not forget the instructions for the petition also.

U.S. Citizens

If you are a U.S. citizen applying to bring a child or son or daughter to the United States to live and you are the mother of the child, you must file the following with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services:

Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative

A copy of your birth certificate or U.S. passport

If you were not born in the United States, a copy of either:

your Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship or

your U.S. passport

A copy of the child's birth certificate showing your name and the child's name

If anyone's name has been legally changed (if it differs from the name on his or her birth certificate), evidence of the name change must be submitted.

If you are a U.S. citizen and the father or stepparent of the child or son or daughter, you must file the following with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services:

Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative

A copy of your birth certificate or U.S. passport

If you were not born in the U.S., a copy of either:

your Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship or

your U.S. passport

A copy of the child's birth certificate showing the child's name and the names of both parents

A copy of civil marriage certificate showing the names of both parents, or proof that a parent/child relationship exists or existed (if you are petitioning for a stepchild, your marriage to the child's parent must take place before the stepchild's 18th birthday)

A copy of any divorce decrees, death certificates, or annulment decrees that establish the termination of any previous marriages entered into by you or your spouse

Fathers petitioning for a child born out of wedlock must provide evidence that a parent/child relationship exists or existed. For example, the child's birth certificate displaying the father's name, evidence showing that the father and child at some point lived together, or that the father held out the child as his own, or that he has made financial contributions in support of the child, or that in general his behavior evidenced genuine concern for and interest in the child. A blood test proving paternity may also be necessary.

If anyone's name has been legally changed (if it differs from the name on his or her birth certificate), evidence of the name change must be submitted.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

ok i read the obove details and there is nothing stating i need to file the affidavit of support with the i-130??? i have everything ready to go my sons birth certifcate , my marriage certifcate to his mother , our divorce certifice !!the form is filled out, i have the filing fee made out (postal money order) of $420 im sending it the chicago lockbag and i think it gets sent to my service center (vermont) but im confused what happens after this???? does my son get a letter for an interview??? does he have to get a medical????? when do i file the i-485 if he is appoved ????

PS he is 14 and i am a USC

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

anyone?

I-485? Is your son here in the US already? If not, then you don't need it.

Sounds like you already sent the Form I-130. So all you need to do is wait. Within 2 to 3 weeks, you should receive a Notice of Action I-797 (NOA1) stating the receipt of the application.

How old is your son? His age will be the underlying basis of waiting time.

I won't go further from here because we need to understand the basics first.

IR-5 Petition for Mother:

12-31-10 - Sent Form I-130

01-04-11 - NOA 1

01-10-11 - Check cashed

05-09-11 - NOA 2

----------

05-18-11 - Case Number, IIN, E-mailed DS-3032

05-19-11 - Paid AOS Fee $88.00

05-23-11 - AOS shows "PAID"

05-24-11 - Paid IV Fee $404.00

05-26-11 - IV Fee shows "PAID"

05-28-11 - Mailed I-864

06-13-11 - I-864 accepted

06-20-11 - Mailed DS-230

07-07-11 - SIF and Case Complete

07-19-11 - Passed the two-day medical

09-06-11 - Visa Approved

09-08-11 - Visa On-Hand

I-485? Is your son here in the US already? If not, then you don't need it.

Sounds like you already sent the Form I-130. So all you need to do is wait. Within 2 to 3 weeks, you should receive a Notice of Action I-797 (NOA1) stating the receipt of the application.

How old is your son? His age will be the underlying basis of waiting time.

I won't go further from here because we need to understand the basics first.

my son is 14 years old

Timeline

Some places will not accept a house as a liquid asset because that is your primary residence. Unless you are talking about a second home or vacation home.

I-864 is not needed until later. At the NVC stage.

Interview Forms / Items:

1. Valid Passport.

2. Original or certified "long" birth certificate. *

3. Original adoption decree. (if applicable)

4. Original or certified copy of the marriage certificate. (if applicable)

5. Original death certificate. (if applicable)

6. Original divorce decree. (if applicable)

7. Police certificate. **

8. Court record(s) (if applicable).

9. I-864 Affidavit of Support Form along with past 3 year U.S tax returns (or transcripts) and any other financial documents required. (see poverty limits here)

10. Court and prison records.(if applicable)

11. Medical examination information

12. Two passport-type photos (see specification) of the spouse or benefitiary

If you are self employed then the income measured is line 22 of the most recent year's form 1040 tax return. That's not the gross earnings.

Household size would just be you plus any dependents (minor children living with you or not).

so i guess that on line 22 of my tax should read minimun $18387 for a family of 2 right????

i am self employed

thx

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.