Nuke and Tsy

Birth Certificate

21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I apologize if this isn't the correct spot to post this, but I thought it would probably be best to get answers from other Canadians.

Did everyone here request a copy of the long form birth certificate, or are the small ones sufficient?

I130 sent May 31, 2011

I130 NOA1 June 3, 2011

I130 NOA2 Sept 27, 2011

Case Complete May 31, 2012

Interview scheduled June 5, 2012 for July 16, 2012

Medical June 19, 2012

Rescheduled interview for June 26, 2012

APPROVED!

Email received passport picked up by Loomis June 26, 2012

Passport received June 27, 2012 Loomis location

POE July 2, 2012

Timeline

You need the long form (parents info is right on the cert) Which province are you from??

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Unfortunately you will need to track down your long form. You need your parental info as well as your info. The short form just has your info and isn't sufficient.

If you don't have a long form and need to order a new one I'd recommend getting an extra or two for the future. You'll need to pull it out a lot once you get here (drivers license, SS card etc)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
  • The "small" or "short form" certificate is a computer-printed, limited extract of information from provincial records. It is a wallet-sized card, 9.5 x 6.4 cm or 2.5 x 3.75in (Specimen from British Columbia). Short-form or small certificates are not acceptable for visa purposes because they do not contain enough identification information, such as parents' names.
  • The "large" or "full-size" certificate is a computer-printed extract of information from provincial records. It is printed on currency-style paper stock, 21.6 x 17.8 cm or 7 x 8.25 in., with an intaglio border (Specimen from British Columbia).

http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_4881.html?cid=3531

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

You need the long form (parents info is right on the cert) Which province are you from??

I'm from Ontario. I'm planning to submit a copy of the short form with a copy of my passport, will this be enough for a IR1 visa petition until I get to the interview or will I get an RFE for the long form?

Thanks everyone for the replies.

I130 sent May 31, 2011

I130 NOA1 June 3, 2011

I130 NOA2 Sept 27, 2011

Medical June 19, 2012

APPROVED!

POE July 2, 2012

Timeline

Not sure, I'm sure someone else will pipe up, but if it asks to submit a LOng form, then submit a long form birth cert!! Otherwise one will get a RFE, adding further delay!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

I agree, you'll need the long form, maybe even during NVC stage and for sure at the interview. IMO you should send it instead of waiting for a RFE - like Flames said, avoid extra processing delay.

Timeline

I had copies of both the single certificate and the long form. Didn't cost much and added that extra layer of "comfort". Good luck!

Feb 14, 2010 - Engaged :-)
Apr 17, 2010 - Married
May 24, 2010 - I-130 Sent to USCIS
Oct 20, 2010 - : I-130 NOA2 APPROVED..GOD IS GOOD!!!!! smile.png
Oct 26, 2010 : NVC Received
Dec 06, 2010 - Case Complete at NVC
Jan 24, 2011 - Medical exam
Feb 24, 2011 - Passed, welcome to USA
Mar 04, 2011 - POE - Detroit, MI
Mar 14, 2011 - SSN# Rec'd
Mar 24, 2011 - smile.png GC and Welcome Letter
Sept 19, 2011- Filed I-130 for my son (his step son)
June 14, 2013-APPROVED, 10 YR GC IN THE MAIL

Mar 3, 2014- N-400

May 12, 2014 Interview for Citizenship- PASSED!

June 12th, USA citizen - Oath Ceremony...all done here!!

Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I apologize if this isn't the correct spot to post this, but I thought it would probably be best to get answers from other Canadians.

Did everyone here request a copy of the long form birth certificate, or are the small ones sufficient?

If you are from Quebec, it's the 1 pager not the laminated pocket-size version. It will have to be translated as Quebec does not provide English birth certificates.

US citizen since April 2016

ROC completed April 2014

AOS from K1 completed February 2012

Timeline

If you are from Quebec, it's the 1 pager not the laminated pocket-size version. It will have to be translated as Quebec does not provide English birth certificates.

They said they are from Ontario

Timeline

Ok thanks everyone, I'll apply for one so that I have it for the interview :)

I130 sent May 31, 2011

I130 NOA1 June 3, 2011

I130 NOA2 Sept 27, 2011

Medical June 19, 2012

APPROVED!

POE July 2, 2012

Timeline

Ok thanks everyone, I'll apply for one so that I have it for the interview :)

I finished with the process back in 2004, so my brain is cloudy. Is one required to MAIL in the long form cert???? If it is, then you should mail in a LONG form birth cert. But up to you, RFE's can add time on to ur journey.

Timeline

According to the guides here and USCIS site its not required for the petition. But I can't find anywhere other than the guides here, that says when it is asked for during the process, so that was why I was wondering if its needed at all.

I130 sent May 31, 2011

I130 NOA1 June 3, 2011

I130 NOA2 Sept 27, 2011

Medical June 19, 2012

APPROVED!

POE July 2, 2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.