ChasUK

A New Forum Please

102 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Now it's not because I have no opinion about the matter, far from it in fact, but I feel like this.

Would it be possible to have a separate forum for all issues "Muslim", "Islam", "Terrorist" etc etc so that those of us who would like to discuss other "Off Topic" topics can do so, without having to trudge through those subjects?

Like I said, it's not that I don't have a strong opinion about the subject, it's just that I have no desire to get into any form of verbal battle/discussion on the internet about such subjects. I simply have no intention of even hinting about my feelings whichever way they fall. Those are subjects I deliberately restrict myself to only discussing with friends and family. I'm sure there are other people who feel similarly. It just seems that these subjects come up so often in so many threads, and are likely to continue to, that it thins out the other "Off Topic" subjects that are more, shall we say, pallatable to discuss with people who we only know in a Cyber world.

Who is making you read them? That's the bigger question.

Look. I don't like pointless post increasing threads (games) so should I ask for another forum for that? Get real.

I take offence to that remark I play the games because they are fun or I am bored sometimes, not to increase the number of posts I have :P:lol:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Instead of making a separate forum for a particular topic, maybe we could benefit from a separate forum with looser guidelines and a concurrent tightening down of this Off Topic forum to prohibit more forms of aggressive speech.

I have a problem with a new forum for a particular topic because what happens when we get back to illegal immigration and a certain subset of people don't like the hostilities resulting from that? Another forum?

That would be like a 'anything goes' or 'no holds barred' (I think that's the saying LOL) forum???? Where one is basically free to say anything without those pesky TOS? :whistle:

Now it's not because I have no opinion about the matter, far from it in fact, but I feel like this.

Would it be possible to have a separate forum for all issues "Muslim", "Islam", "Terrorist" etc etc so that those of us who would like to discuss other "Off Topic" topics can do so, without having to trudge through those subjects?

Like I said, it's not that I don't have a strong opinion about the subject, it's just that I have no desire to get into any form of verbal battle/discussion on the internet about such subjects. I simply have no intention of even hinting about my feelings whichever way they fall. Those are subjects I deliberately restrict myself to only discussing with friends and family. I'm sure there are other people who feel similarly. It just seems that these subjects come up so often in so many threads, and are likely to continue to, that it thins out the other "Off Topic" subjects that are more, shall we say, pallatable to discuss with people who we only know in a Cyber world.

Look. I don't like pointless post increasing threads (games) so should I ask for another forum for that? Get real.

I take offence to that remark I play the games because they are fun or I am bored sometimes, not to increase the number of posts I have :P:lol:

Hey. I'm not actually asking they be removed or moved. ;) Besides, I usually post some smart-a$$ answered comments when I've been drinking. :D

Looking at the forum right now only shows 3 out of 15 topics are muslim related. And if no one posts in them they will drop off. It's as simple as that.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

... I play the games because they are fun or I am bored sometimes, not to increase the number of posts I have :P:lol:

Riiiiiiiiiiiight :P:hehe:

ummm, I was telling the truth, I could give a rat's a$$ about how many blue squares or hearts I have :P

Hey. I'm not actually asking they be removed or moved. ;) Besides, I usually post some smart-a$$ answered comments when I've been drinking. :D

Looking at the forum right now only shows 3 out of 15 topics are muslim related. And if no one posts in them they will drop off. It's as simple as that.

I didn't say that you did, I was just saying that some of us like the game threads etc.. and not just because of post boosting... :)

Everyone has thier own likes and dislikes.... if you don't like the political threads don't read them :thumbs: if you don't like the game threads, ignore them etc...

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

I believe this was suggested in the Site forum, and got rejected by Ewok? (too lazy to go thread-searching)

No, I saw that. It's just that there are so many now I feel it may be justified. (Too rude to be polite?)

I believe this was suggested in the Site forum, and got rejected by Ewok? (too lazy to go thread-searching)

I believe you are correct :yes:

VP, I believe I would like to refer you to the answer I gave to that comment above.

What does that mean? How was I rude? I just agreed that there was another thread and Ewok said no. :huh:

Agreeing with the OP.

It's not as simple as skipping over them even if that was the case-- I've clicked on things I thought might actually just be off topic jibber jabber with horribly ambiguous titles of 'I thought...' or 'So I hear...' or 'come on'. Some of them are obvious, but some aren't, and there's an abundance either way.

I've clicked on so many of them only to be suprised with another arguement. Other forums I visit had an abundance of these in off topic and they did make a 'versus' forum where people could debate, so either that, or a subforum for politics would be my ideal way to avoid the subjects.

The ambiguous titling is also an issue in the main forum, with 'HELP PLZ' being titles of god knows how many things, but it's still an issue here.

UNST0001.gifbritkit.jpgUNKG0001.gif

No, I saw that. It's just that there are so many now I feel it may be justified. (Too rude to be polite?)

I believe you are correct :yes:

VP, I believe I would like to refer you to the answer I gave to that comment above.

What does that mean? How was I rude? I just agreed that there was another thread and Ewok said no. :huh:

VP,

Your behavior in this thread has been despicable. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Agreeing with the OP.

It's not as simple as skipping over them even if that was the case-- I've clicked on things I thought might actually just be off topic jibber jabber with horribly ambiguous titles of 'I thought...' or 'So I hear...' or 'come on'. Some of them are obvious, but some aren't, and there's an abundance either way.

I've clicked on so many of them only to be suprised with another arguement. Other forums I visit had an abundance of these in off topic and they did make a 'versus' forum where people could debate, so either that, or a subforum for politics would be my ideal way to avoid the subjects.

The ambiguous titling is also an issue in the main forum, with 'HELP PLZ' being titles of god knows how many things, but it's still an issue here.

Oh you poor thing. Did it require a trip to the emergency room?

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

:o you've not been verbally flogged yet for putting those 3 words together? omg :blink:

Because it's those 3 and others, (hence the inclusion of 'etc etc') that generate vast quantities of posts. If they have that quantity then they DESERVE their own forum. I'm not anti to those topics, just anti to discuss them with people I don't really know.

what part of skipping over threads/posts that you don't like don't we get around here?

Daniel

I get the impression that you will continue to ignore my point to make yours. For the last time Daniel, I'ts not that I don't like skipping over posts. I'm happy to and do. YET AGAIN I make the point it's the QUANTITY of those type of threads that thin out the other less confrontational type of threads in the Off Topic Forum.

Well it's simple really. Just like Daniel, you read my original post and applied your interpretation and made an argument out of it. I have NEVER said that anyone is making me read them. I'm not sure where you got the impression that I did.

I'm not too much of a fan of game threads either, BUT, they are not confrontational inducing unwinnable arguments and more importantly, how many of them are there to skip over in comparison to the type of threads I refer to? The answer to that question HIGHLIGHTS my point. No-one minds skipping threads, we all do. I DO., but there are now SO MANY of the ones I'm talking about to make it almost worth renaming the Off Topic Forum.

The people who should get real are the ones who keep putting an argument in my mouth like yourself.

Once again I state, the point is that there are so many of those type of threads that skipping over them has become a task. I've said that from the beginning. So I can only assume that people who pass comments to me such as yours have not read my post properly. So the bigger question is therefore, where did you get your question from? It's definately not one I induced.

prestoportaitww0.jpg

My Timeline is the same as TracyTN

VP,

Your behavior in this thread has been despicable. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Yah, apparently I ooze of disrespect.... even when I'm not trying :P It's amazing that I can function in daily life outside of my home since I am soooo offensive.

Oh you poor thing. Did it require a trip to the emergency room?

:lol: Sorry, I don't mean to laugh but :lol:

...there are so many of those type of threads that skipping over them has become a task.

An easy task. Skipping a thread takes no more than a second.

VP,

Yah, apparently I ooze of disrespect.... even when I'm not trying :P It's amazing that I can function in daily life outside of my home since I am soooo offensive.

;)

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Ahh. No I was unclear there. My bad. I was refering you to the statement, NOT the brackets bit. That bit was, (it turns out incorrectly), aimed at that poster)

prestoportaitww0.jpg

My Timeline is the same as TracyTN

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

...there are so many of those type of threads that skipping over them has become a task.

An easy task. Skipping a thread takes no more than a second.

VP,

;)

yep. correct. i understand op's post. but i fail to see the 'work' involved in weeding out undesired threads. at times there are a lot of them and you may have to go to page two to find threads more ofyour liking (I do that at times). Also, could be that what one considers desireable/intersting threads are simply not hot at the moment for the posting community. oh well, go look for whatever you whish at a more likely site. no? that is what i do. it isn't like i am trying to tell op to leave vj is it?

you couold also try posting threads that are interesting to you. hell, look at gupt, the master at that. :P

Daniel

:energetic:

Ana (Mexico) ------ Daniel (California)(me)

---------------------------------------------

Sept. 11, 2004: Got married (civil), in Mexico :D

July 23, 2005: Church wedding

===============================

K3(I-129F):

Oct. 28, 2004: Mailed I-129F.

~USPS, First-Class, Certified Mail, Rtn Recpt ($5.80)

Nov. 3, 2004: NOA1!!!!

Nov. 5, 2004: Check Cashed!!

zzzz deep hibernationn zzzz

May 12, 2005 NOA2!!!! #######!!! huh???

off to NVC.

May 26, 2005: NVC approves I129F.

CR1(I-130):

Oct. 6, 2004: Mailed I-130.

~USPS, First-Class, Certified Mail, Rtn Recpt ($5.80)

Oct. 8, 2004: I-130 Delivered to CSC in Laguna Niguel.

~Per USPS website's tracking tool.

Oct. 12, 2004 BCIS-CSC Signs for I-130 packet.

Oct. 21, 2004 Check cashed!

Oct. 25, 2004 NOA1 (I-130) Go CSC!!

Jan. 05, 2005 Approved!!!! Off to NVC!!!!

NVC:

Jan. 05, 2005 ---> in route from CSC

Jan. 12, 2005 Case entered system

Jan. 29, 2005 Received I-864 Bill

Jan. 31, 2005 Sent Payment to St. Louis(I864)

Feb. 01, 2005 Wife received DS3032(Choice of Agent)

Feb. 05, 2005 Payment Received in St. Louis(I864)

Feb. 08, 2005 Sent DS3032 to Portsmouth NH

Feb. 12, 2005 DS3032 Received by NVC

Mar. 04, 2005 Received IV Bill

Mar. 04, 2005 Sent IV Bill Payment

Mar. 08, 2005 Received I864

Mar. 19, 2005 Sent I864

Mar. 21, 2005 I864 Received my NVC

Apr. 18, 2005 Received DS230

Apr. 19, 2005 Sent DS230

Apr. 20, 2005 DS230 received by NVC (signed by S Merfeld)

Apr. 22, 2005 DS230 entered NVC system

Apr. 27, 2005 CASE COMPLETE

May 10, 2005 CASE SENT TO JUAREZ

Off to Cd. Juarez! :D

calls to NVC: 6

CIUDAD JUAREZ, American Consulate:

Apr. 27, 2005 case completed at NVC.

May 10, 2005 in route to Juarez.

May 25, 2005 Case at consulate.

-- Legal Disclaimer:What I say is only a reflection of what I did, going to do, or may do; it may also reflect what I have read others did, are going to do, or may do. What you do or may do is what you do or may do. You do so or may do so strictly out of your on voilition; or follow what a lawyer advised you to do, or may do. Having said that: have a nice day!