RokNRich

Clearing customs Immigration at LAX

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

OK, she has her flight from Manila to LAX. When she booked, they gave her a 12 hour layover in LAX before flying onto PHX.....not good.

Option A - I was going to drive out to LA and pick her up, I started adding up the costs associated ($4 gas anyone) and decided to look at other flights...

Option B - The last flight from LAX to PHX is 9:50 PM, her flight from Manila is supposed to arrive at 7 PM. The 950 PM flight is less than the cost of fuel to drive to CA and back.

Does anyone think that is enough time to clear customs and immigration and transferring to terminal 4 ? Coming on K-1 visa from Phils....

K1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2010-09-10

I-129F NOA1 : 9-14

Touched : 9/17

NOA2 - 9 Feb

Interview 4/4/11 - Passed !

Flight - 4/20/11

Filed: Timeline

thats more than enough time. the longest its taken me to go thru customs at LAX was 1 1/2 hours.(6 trips) it was packed that time too. if the cost difference wasn't a huge budget issue, i'd pick her up anyway. you'd get to be w/ each other 4 hours sooner & spend the drive time together...she'd probably appreciate it too.

7yqZWFL.jpg

Timeline

The cheapest way would be to let her spend the night in LA by herself, but we don't want to do that.....

Driving over and back would be about double the cost of just buying her an additional ticket, not too mention the 12 hours of drive time for me (6 for her)....

K1 Visa

Event Date

NOA2 - 9 Feb

Flight - 4/20/11

Filed: Timeline

thats more than enough time. the longest its taken me to go thru customs at LAX was 1 1/2 hours.(6 trips) it was packed that time too. if the cost difference wasn't a huge budget issue, i'd pick her up anyway. you'd get to be w/ each other 4 hours sooner & spend the drive time together...she'd probably appreciate it too.

It took Marie four and a half hours to clear customs at SFO. She was the last one cleared on that flight.

When I flew over, it only took me 15 mins. There was only a handful of blue passports on that flight. I still had to wait an hour for my baggage though!

Edited by Some Old Guy

OK, she has her flight from Manila to LAX. When she booked, they gave her a 12 hour layover in LAX before flying onto PHX.....not good.

Option A - I was going to drive out to LA and pick her up, I started adding up the costs associated ($4 gas anyone) and decided to look at other flights...

Option B - The last flight from LAX to PHX is 9:50 PM, her flight from Manila is supposed to arrive at 7 PM. The 950 PM flight is less than the cost of fuel to drive to CA and back.

Does anyone think that is enough time to clear customs and immigration and transferring to terminal 4 ? Coming on K-1 visa from Phils....

Can you fly to LAX and be on the same flight with her on LAX to PHX? That way you will be with her in that 12 hour wait... and perhaps you can surprise her too... :)

Can you fly to LAX and be on the same flight with her on LAX to PHX? That way you will be with her in that 12 hour wait... and perhaps you can surprise her too... :)

When she gets to LAX see if she can get a flight more near your area earlier. maybe you can pick her up but just some where closer/more locally

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Clearing immigrations at LAX can be a mess especially for first time immigrants, it is a huge ariport. The airport is a huge U shape for the terminals so once cleared everything is walkable as long as you can manage your luggage.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i am in phoenix also you should have looked into flying hawaiin air pam was through customs in 15 minutes and the total time it took her to get here was 17 hours ....

what would I do without the love you give me.

http://www.slide.com/r/OCQnah5Yvj-ae3fW-YNXizAEbWcGzFT1?previous_view=mscd_embedded_url&view=original

I-129F

09-18-09 I-129F sent Fed-Ex

09-21-09 package was signed for at service center

09-23-06 touched

09-26-09 received NOA1

12-18-09 touched!!!!

12-19-09 got the approval email and text !!!!!

12-21-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 received NOA2

12-24-09 NVC received approval!!!!!

01-05-10 NVC told me under Additional Processing!!!!!

01-11-10 NVC sent to manila!!!!!

01-15-10 Manila received DHL

01-20-10 Set interview dates for 02-08-2010

01-25-10 Medical - PASSED!!THANK GOD..

02-08-10 Interview- PASSED!!!! PRAISE GOD..

02-11-10 Received VISA!!!!!GOD IS GREAT..

02-23-10 Bye Phil.Welcome USA!!!Be with me GOD

flight Hawaiin Air leaves 7:50pm arrives 11:59pm in Phoenix!!!!

02-23-10 ARRIVED @ PHOENIX...yepeyyyy........

04-16-10 OUR WEDDING....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

04-21-10 Applied SSN

04-28-10 SSN Recieved

flag.png

Timeline

i am in phoenix also you should have looked into flying hawaiin air pam was through customs in 15 minutes and the total time it took her to get here was 17 hours ....

Yup, I had planned on getting her a ticket on Hawaiin, she called from Manila and said she had a great deal lined up so I sent her money to get it (in the middle of my night).....turns out that great deal has a 12 hour layover at LAX...... :bonk:

Looks like I'm driving out...her flight actually lands at 2030, nothing later than 20:50 that I've found leaving LAX for Phoenix.....we'll stay the night somewhere and relax....

:devil:

K1 Visa

Event Date

NOA2 - 9 Feb

Flight - 4/20/11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.