DavidandIrina

Best way to meet a Ukrainian/Russian (and cheapest)

401 posts in this topic

That is because you are a very clever person. Clever? what does that have to do with running.you ask?

You figured out you should marry an FSU woman long before you were too old to run fast.

I don't think I'll ever be too old to outrun her.

All a matter of perception though, isn't it. Was that shark really going to eat her? :lol:

Nope. But, according to her, it was kill or be killed, and she wasn't sticking around to find out how hungry the shark was.

You know that you can't use the gun, right?

Why not?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

That is because you are a very clever person. Clever? what does that have to do with running.you ask?

You figured out you should marry an FSU woman long before you were too old to run fast.

:rofl:

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I had a few Russian scammers try to hit me on www.match.com. It was enough to get my curiosity up and google about Russian scammers. That led me to www.elenasmodels.com since they had lots of info on the typical scams. I was shocked at the difference in quality between the RUB women and American women. Still, I never figured I would ever go overseas to find someone, so didn't pursue it further until about a year later. I finally got bored and the idea popped back into my head. I ended up going back to www.elenasmodels.com and saw they had a free membership and figured wth. After seeing all the hotties that wrote to me on the first day, I was hooked and ended up getting a basic membership. Long story short, I was on my way to Ukraine a couple months later and married shortly after that. So that would be my recommendation...www.elenasmodels.com.

I second elenasmodels.com I met my fiance there and they seem legit. Their will always be a few scammers on any site, but elenas seems to police their site very well and removes profiles when deemed a scam.

Timeline

In my experience, looking for a Russian woman on "mail order bride" agency sites drastically limits men's options. Fact is that only less than 1% of single FSU women put up their profile on such sites, besides many of those profiles are fake and are used to scam Western men.

I personally found my wife on a local, free Russian social networking site and I was able to replicate my experience with almost 40 other men that I helped find their wives in the FSU with almost a 100% success rate. The fact that I am a native Russian speaker, naturally makes all the difference. Most of my guys had been through the "marriage agency" grinder before they came to me for help. It only took 3 to 4 months on average to find their soul mate once they started looking outside of the agency circuit.

Did you just message random women on vkontakte or something?

Первый блин комом.

Did you just message random women on vkontakte or something?

I just posted naked pictures of myself and they sent me messages.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

In my experience, looking for a Russian woman on "mail order bride" agency sites drastically limits men's options. Fact is that only less than 1% of single FSU women put up their profile on such sites, besides many of those profiles are fake and are used to scam Western men.

I personally found my wife on a local, free Russian social networking site and I was able to replicate my experience with almost 40 other men that I helped find their wives in the FSU with almost a 100% success rate. The fact that I am a native Russian speaker, naturally makes all the difference. Most of my guys had been through the "marriage agency" grinder before they came to me for help. It only took 3 to 4 months on average to find their soul mate once they started looking outside of the agency circuit.

Depends on the agency or site. EM is one of the best and have many more profiles of real and serious women than scammers.....but other agencies have different ratios. I'd want to know how many of "your guys" used EM? It only took me 3 months to meet with my wife and all I used was EM. Success and how quick that occurs is mainly dependent on the men versus the women; their success or not or success at being scammed is a direct measure of their abilities and understanding. Some men also must be led by the hand.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Depends on the agency or site. EM is one of the best and have many more profiles of real and serious women than scammers.....but other agencies have different ratios. I'd want to know how many of "your guys" used EM? It only took me 3 months to meet with my wife and all I used was EM. Success and how quick that occurs is mainly dependent on the men versus the women; their success or not or success at being scammed is a direct measure of their abilities and understanding. Some men also must be led by the hand.

I'd also say that 6% of the profiles that I corresponded with were Scammers or GTGs. I'd say that is a lot less than many.

Timeline

I summarize your statements above to be that it really doesn't matter how you first learn about a FSU woman but it is in the quality and content of the correspondence that gives both a fighting chance at really learning about each other and possibly having a lasting relationship.

It doesn't matter from which set of ladies you've selected from.......the key is in the correspondence.

And in my learnings, the majority of issues can be traced back to problems from the man's side of things, more than the women's. To me the scammers stand out loud and clear, so maybe I have those super powers and many do not. If your services helped your guys to safely transit through these waters, then kudos to you.

And maybe it will be statistically more beneficial to a man to correspond with a woman who has less suitors also corresponding with her but it still comes down to what impression does the man present and what qualities does he offer......a woman who falls for someone because no one else is communciating with her has her own set of issues.

Hi Baron,

I am a member of RUA, RWD and RMP forums and from what I've read there EM is considered one of the better MOB agencies out there if you want to go the MOB agency route. I'm glad to read that you were able to find your wife through EM so quickly. I have read of other EM success stories as well, Turboguy for instance found his wife through EM, I believe, although it took him a lot longer than you to find her.

Although I somewhat agree with your statement, it can be different in a case of international dating where the language barrier and cultural differences can present significant obstacles, hence a large number of such marriages that don't withstand the test of time. Many divorces happen because a couple doesn't really get to know each other on a deeper level and start to truly see each other for whom they are only after an FSU woman moves to her man's country and learns more English. At this time sometimes a man thinks: "She changed! She was a completely different person when she was in Ukraine!". The reality is that people do not change overnight once they change their address. Sure, we all change during our lifespan and have different stages in life with different priorities. But our basic values don't change. An honest, sincere person does not become a cheating liar in a matter of a few months just because they now live in the US. There are plenty of these "horror stories" on RW forums, but I always say - the guy didn't get to know the woman before he married her. He married a stranger and now he found out her true nature and living with the consequences... So unless you really know what you are doing and speak fluent Russian you really are just gambling. And sometimes when you gamble you do win, other times you lose miserably...

You are right in saying that some people have a much better BS meter capabilities than others, but still, the fact is that unless one of the couple speaks the other's language fluently there is too much room for misunderstanding and miscommunication no matter what your level of "abilities" is. Many of "my guys" are highly intelligent, very successful, professional men who really don't need their hand held in any life situation. However they have enough insight and life/business experience to know that sometimes there are situations where having another professional, a wingman on their side makes a lot of sense and can save them a lot of time, money and emotional distress in a long run.

To answer your question, yes, a few of my guys did use EM. A couple of them actually were using EM while working with me at the same time. Ultimately it all came down to numbers. How many women's profiles does EM has? I did a search on EM putting only one criteria in - age 25 through 35 (most sought after age group for guys who want to get married and start a family). The search came up with 3000 profiles total. Out of those there are only few hundred of really attractive women and if you also limit your criteria with things like "no kids', "non-smoker", hight/weight limitations, English speaking abilities, etc. you really won't have a lot of women left to contact. Fact is that these same women are being contacted by thousands of Western men from Europe, the Americas, Australia and others. The prettier girls with no kids get lots of emails and the competition for their attention is very stiff.

On the other hand a search using exactly the same criteria on Mamba produces almost 530,000 women. Let's say that only 10% of these women would consider getting involved with a foreigner that leaves us with 53,000 women versus 3,000 on EM. Please consider that Mamba is only one of the Russian sites so using just one more Local Russian site will double that number and you'll have more than a 100,000 women open to a relationship with a foreign man versus the 3,000 on EM.

Another thing is that thousands of Western men are contacting the same few hundred of most attractive women on EM, while only very few Western men contact these 100,000 single women who are open to WM on free Russian sites. If you can contact them in Russian, start a nice, interesting conversation you can quickly build a repore and this can lead to a meeting and to a relationship further down the road. My track record speaks for itself as to how good it can work if you know what you are doing.

I can atest to Mamba. I met my fiance on Mamba and was able to start a good relationship with her. We skyped everyday and I have been to Russia 3 times to see her(I-129F approved last week). Mamba has many Ukrainian and Russian women, but you still need to be cautious of who you are talking to. Many of the people on Mamba are playing games, of the sexual kind.:innocent: There are few who will try to get something from you, but for the most part I liked my short time on Mamba. :thumbs: Having said that, I have also used Anastasiaweb.com and had a relationship with a woman from the Ukraine, who eventually came to live with me, but changed her mind before we got married. For me, Anastasia gave me an avenue to get the girls on the phone and talk to them. Since Anastasia is more a less a broker and the dating agency is not connected to Anastasia management per se, I talked to the girl I liked on the phone, after I wrote one or two letters. If she could not tell me what I wrote, I knew it was the agency writting the letter. Most of the time it was the girl and I flew out to meet whoever it was I was interested at the time (29 times to Ukraine and 7 times to Russia).

All in all it was a great journey over 8 years. I found the woman I am supposed to be with and also I learned a lot about the culture and the country of the Ukraine and Russia. Use good common sense, and definitely have a lot of patience when it comes to getting to know her. Communication is the key and understanding that she will want to be the independent woman she was at home, but will have limitations once here. Good luck to all!

Timeline

Anastasia is a well known scam site and I wouldn't understand why anyone would use that.....but anyway to answer Eduards question ...yes my wife had lots of men writing up her, maybe hundreds of expressions of interest...95% of them were total duds or sex tourists.

The remaining semi serious guys didn't have s clue how yo correspond to a woman in an international relationship or were prepared to jump on s plane.

My super intro letter allowed me yo stand head and shoulders above the crowd. Many men have no clue how to do this and that is where your skills are useful yo them.

Fir me it was all so obvious but yo others obviously not so.

I don't mean yo degrade anyone else also.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

And again, what you write makes a lot of sense (nice summary by the way!). But there is another side to it. The reason I decided to marry a woman from Russia was mostly because here, in the USA women are choosing the man they want to be with while in Russia and the rest of the FSU men are choosing out of many available women.

:lol:

Мы выбираем, нас выбирают

Как это часто не совпадает

Sorry again for my Russian :)

Now what I really wanted to say... I'm learning something new every day :lol: but I never had to compete for a man and I don't see it happening in Russia a lot. I also think that both men and women choose who they want and what they want here in Russia.

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Everything is relative and you can only compare dating dynamics in the two countries only after you had lived and dated in both for a period of time. I come in contact with many FSU women on a daily basis and it is always the same - they do not realize how different dating is for women in the USA compared to Russia or Ukraine. They think that where ever theu live in the FSU it's the "norm" for the rest of the world. When FSU women meet my guys one of the first questions they ask me: "How could this be that he is single and can't find an American girl? Why does he have to come all the way here to find a wife?". It just doesn't make sense to them. They can not fathom how different things are here, in the US.

My fiance has never had problems with women in the States. Actually I think he should start wearing nicab :lol: cause women like him too much. I, in my turn, have never had problems with men in Russia.

It just happened that at some point we were both single and we met. But we both always had a choice. It's not like women in Russia don't have a choice, so they'll do their best to get some random guy's attention. Well, some women are like that, but some aren't.

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

Timeline

Is your ten million limited to women of child-bearing age? Because there are a lot of old ladies round these parts and everyone knows about Russian male life expectancy.

I am actually more successful with Russian men than American ones because Russian ones seem to appreciate things like being well-read and cultured more. Even if they are more likely to be wasted while they are telling you how cool it is that your taste in literature is so excellent.

and as I was writing that post, a drunk Russian man came to my door and informed me he was sleeping in my room tonight. :rofl:

Edited by eekee

Первый блин комом.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Anastasia is a well known scam site and I wouldn't understand why anyone would use that.....but anyway to answer Eduards question ...yes my wife had lots of men writing up her, maybe hundreds of expressions of interest...95% of them were total duds or sex tourists.

The remaining semi serious guys didn't have s clue how yo correspond to a woman in an international relationship or were prepared to jump on s plane.

My super intro letter allowed me yo stand head and shoulders above the crowd. Many men have no clue how to do this and that is where your skills are useful yo them.

Fir me it was all so obvious but yo others obviously not so.

I don't mean yo degrade anyone else also.

Phil, as you know, there is little competition for a good man. In the FSU where truly good men are valued, those with good family qualifications and desires...there is no competition for us. I didn't use any sites and just met a woman randomply and by fortunate chance, but I wouldn't even give it a second thought.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.