kirby808

first met fiance online

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey everyone,

I don't know how many of you met your fiance like me online, but my thoughts about it is that I first met my fiance in 2008 on a site called friendster which is similar to facebook or myspace. So my question about that would be that I have no messages or comments from my fiance when I first created the account or met her on there during 2008. The first comment or message was in 2009. Would it be a problem for the CO to believe that we met there then decided to talk on yahoo messenger which is alot easier? I don't have the chat logs for the previous years in yahoo either because my computer crashed before I could print out the chat logs. Any thoughts on this or advice? I'm just curious because I don't want it to be a problem for the CO to believe but I don't have much proof to show that we met on friendster and decided to talk on yahoo.

Hey everyone,

I don't know how many of you met your fiance like me online, but my thoughts about it is that I first met my fiance in 2008 on a site called friendster which is similar to facebook or myspace. So my question about that would be that I have no messages or comments from my fiance when I first created the account or met her on there during 2008. The first comment or message was in 2009. Would it be a problem for the CO to believe that we met there then decided to talk on yahoo messenger which is alot easier? I don't have the chat logs for the previous years in yahoo either because my computer crashed before I could print out the chat logs. Any thoughts on this or advice? I'm just curious because I don't want it to be a problem for the CO to believe but I don't have much proof to show that we met on friendster and decided to talk on yahoo.

Yes, We all know what Friendster is, We don't live under a rock.

Shouldn't be a problem, just be truthful and tell the truth, Don't ever try to make up a lie or another story, cuz one you do that then you have to make up more lies to cover your first lie.

Honesty is the best policy (Usually)..........

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Timeline

it won't be an issue. from what little i know they just want evidence of current relationship, i imagine anything recent is fine, and if you have older stuff, it's ok also, but the current relationship is what they want to see.

Edited by Ugly_American

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

it should not be a problem :) ur gonna be fine!

One smile One touch One embrace One kiss One love Two people Two minds Two souls Two destinies One road One journey One ending

Together.

I-129F Sent: 2010-12-21

I-129F NOA1: 2010-12-28

I-129F NOA2: 2011-04-07

NVC Received: 2011-04-12

NVC Left: 2011-04-17

Consulate Received:2011-04-26

Packet 3 Received: 2011-04-27

Packet 3 Sent: 2011-04-29

Interview Date: 2011-05-23

Interview Result: APPROVED

Visa Received: 2011-05-27

Date of US Entry: 2011-06-10

Wedding day: 2011-07-08

Filed AOS & EAD: 2011-08-19

NOA1: 2011-08-24

Biometrics: 2011-09-27

AOS Interview: 2011-11-14

Timeline

Just go and visit her and take few pix

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

Forgive us for the insult by one poster. The mods and admins tolerate him and apparently they won't kick him off like other forums and clubs have been smart enough to do. I will be edited and sanctioned for telling you this but those of us trying to be more civil and upbeat don't know what to do. Just don't take it as representative of the forum despite it being tolerated.

When you met online isn't all that important compared to whether you have met in person within the last two years.

Have your photos time-stamped. They rejected ours despite it not being a requirement we could find.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Forgive us for the insult by one poster. The mods and admins tolerate him and apparently they won't kick him off like other forums and clubs have been smart enough to do. I will be edited and sanctioned for telling you this but those of us trying to be more civil and upbeat don't know what to do. Just don't take it as representative of the forum despite it being tolerated.

When you met online isn't all that important compared to whether you have met in person within the last two years.

Have your photos time-stamped. They rejected ours despite it not being a requirement we could find.

I banned this person from ever commenting on my page. I know who you mean. There is a way to do it. Moderators said: Yes, he's a pain but still within the bounderies of VJ. Click on his profile and you can ban his Comments.. Worked for me...

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I banned this person from ever commenting on my page. I know who you mean. There is a way to do it. Moderators said: Yes, he's a pain but still within the bounderies of VJ. Click on his profile and you can ban his Comments.. Worked for me...

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Hey everyone,

When I was interviewed... I just said we met online... they did not ask what site... I also printed our chat logs for a year, they did not look into that also... so you will be fine..

^^^:thumbs: :thumbs:

@Kirby...I think you will be fine. Chinook and I met online also, but the consular officer never asked about it. The consular officer looked at the photos we submitted, but did not look at the chats nor the snail mail.

lol... they must be referring to tallcoolone :))

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Timeline

I don't think he should be banned. Every one is entitled to his/her ideology.

My 2 cents.

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think he should be banned. Every one is entitled to his/her ideology.

My 2 cents.

Let me remind you of things that he has said. You started a post one time about learning your fiance's culture and things you found cute. These are some of his responses.

Here is another great thing (If Your Male) in PI. You can bag as many girls as your heart desires. You can get 10 girls a year pregnant, and you don't have to take responsibility for any kids

What else is "So Cute" Have you wife say "I love you Long Time" "Five Dollar" and post it on youtube. It's pure greatness

His disrespect of Filipinas is a clear violation of the terms of service. It's bad enough that he has these opinions, but to say these things in the Philippines forum should be unacceptable.

I'm surprised that you don't take a stronger stand on this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.