curvebell

Aussies FYI - What Packet 3 looks like...

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Got our packet 3 today. Yay! Thought this might be of interest to those awaiting theirs.

Dear Visa Applicant,

The Consulate has received your approved petition. You may now download the initial set of instructions, known as “Packet 3”, from the following website: http://canberra.usembassy.gov/fiance_niv_appl.html.

Forms required:

Form DS-230 (Part I) ONLY— Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration

Form DS-156K — Nonimmigrant Fiancé(e) Visa Application (1 copy)

Form DS-156 — Nonimmigrant Visa Application (2 copies)

Form I-134 — Affidavit of Support (Affidavit of Support Instructions)

Form DSL-1076 — Applicant’s Statement of Readiness to be Interviewed

Obtaining an Australian Police certificate must be based on a fingerprint check, please refer to the following website:

http://canberra.usembassy.gov/obtain_police_cert.html

If you need to obtain a police certificate for another country, please refer to the following website:

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciprocity/reciprocity_3272.html

A medical examination is required. Please refer to the following website:

http://canberra.usembassy.gov/med_exam_instructions.html

To obtain a list of the Panel Physicians, please refer to the following website http://photos.state.gov/libraries/australia/39176/pdf/listofdoctors.pdf. Medical forms are only obtained from the Panel Physician.

The visa applicant should complete and return form DS-230 (Part I only) as soon as possible to the U.S. Consulate General, Sydney. We only accept original forms, not faxed or scanned copies.

Please note that you must be interviewed and have your visa issued within the four-month validity of your petition.

When you have obtained all of the documents required for your case, complete and mail all of the documents(do not fax or scan) with Form DSL-1076 to advise the U.S. Consulate General in Sydney that you are ready for your final visa interview.

U.S. Consulate General

Attention: IV Unit – PKT 3 DOX

Level 59, MLC Centre

19-29 Martin Place

Sydney, NSW 2000

K-1 visa processing times vary. There may be unexpected ineligibilities that become apparent only at the time of your interview which require additional time and processing. For this reason, you should not make any irrevocable arrangements, such as purchasing non-refundable tickets, selling your home, or quitting your job, until after your visa is actually approved and issued to you.

To receive correspondence regarding your K1 visa case via e-mail (if different from the emails listed), please print clearly the email address(es) that you would like the correspondence sent, in the spaces indicated below. Return this to our office along with Form DS-230 (Part I).

Principal applicant’s e-mail address:_________

Alternate e-mail address:_________

Applicant’s statement:________

I hereby authorize the U.S. Consulate General, Sydney to send me information and forms about my immigrant visa case via the email address(es) indicated above. I accept full responsibility for successful delivery of all emails sent to the above address. In the event of undeliverable emails or postal mail, I take full responsibility. I will inform the Sydney Immigrant Visa Unit promptly if I change my email or postal address, or other facts concerning my personal situation.

Kind regards

Sydney IV

U.S. Consulate General, Sydney

-CC-

**** Please include your case number in all correspondence ****

Please note: You should never pay for travel arrangements (e.g., airfare, hotels) without having a visa in your possession. The U.S. Consulate General accepts no responsibility if you do so. We are able to issue most approved visas within two business days of interview; however, we are unable to guarantee the issuance of a U.S. visa before a fixed travel date.

The U.S. Embassy in Canberra and the U.S. Consulates General in Perth and Melbourne do not process immigrant or K visa applications. All immigrant visa categories and K visa applications are processed at the U.S. Consulate General in Sydney.

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead".

K-1 VISA TIMELINE

30.09.10 - Filed I-129F

06.10.10 - Routed to CSC/NOA1 email

09.10.10 - Cheque cleared

07.10.10 - NOA1

14.10.10 - Touch

15.10.10 - Touch

16.01.11 - Applied for Police Record (NSW)

02.02.11 - Received Police Record (Took 17 days)

10.02.11 - Medical (Received results 6 days later)

22.03.11 - NOA2 (166 days/5.5 months)

25.03.11 - NVC Rec'd

29.03.11 - Left NVC

05.04.11 - Packet 3

05.04.11 - Returned Packet 3

11.04.11 - Packet 4 (Original interview scheduled for 10.05.11 - requested earlier appointment with success!)

12.04.11 - Interview APPROVED!

21.04.11 - VISA in hand!

26.04.11 - POE LAX

04.05.11 - Marriage

AOS TIMELINE

11.05.11 - Filed I-485/EAD/AP

14.05.11 - NOA1

27.05.11 - Walk-in Biometrics completed (originally scheduled for 10.06.11)

08.06.11 - Interview date notice received

11.07.11 - EAD/AP card production ordered (58 days)

14.07.11 - AOS Interview APPROVED!!!(61 days)

18.07.11 - EAD/AP card in hand (65 days)

22.07.11 - GC in hand!!! (69 days)

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Good to know thanks mate, i think i have my paper work all done, just having problems with our co sponsor getting forms!! took us nearly a month last time getting them from her and now shes dragging it all on again! arghhh so stressful :( dont see why they need it twice!

event.png

Filed: Timeline

Can someone please tell me what fees they are paying?

1. Medical Fee

??

2. Police Clearing

http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/police-checks/national-police-checks.aspx#fees

There are two $105 and $145 - so which one?

# $145.00 for a fingerprint and National Police Check application, where fingerprints are taken and processed by the AFP.

# $105.00 for a fingerprint and National Police Check application where fingerprints are supplied to the AFP on application.

3. Application Fee

http://canberra.usembassy.gov/iv-fees.html

• 2 weeks later...

Got our packet 3 today. Yay! Thought this might be of interest to those awaiting theirs.

Thanks for this post of Packet 3. This has been most helpful since our Packet 3 has been mis-sent.

I was wondering, did you send in only:

Form DS-230 (Part I) ONLY— Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration

Initially for processing or did you also send in the below as well?

Also the supporting documents, such as original birth certificates. I am reluctant to send my original birth certificate as it may get lost in transit. Can I just submit the required forms as well as the checklist and then take all original documents with me at the time of the interview or do they require the original as well?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Darwin,

I sent all forms in together as soon as received packet 3. I had my medical and police cert ready to go. Send your packet in a registered express post envelope so you can keep track of any important documents. The chances of it getting lost are highly unlikely - but stranger things have happened.

Good luck :) the turn around from this point on is pretty quick.

Thanks for this post of Packet 3. This has been most helpful since our Packet 3 has been mis-sent.

I was wondering, did you send in only:

Initially for processing or did you also send in the below as well?

Also the supporting documents, such as original birth certificates. I am reluctant to send my original birth certificate as it may get lost in transit. Can I just submit the required forms as well as the checklist and then take all original documents with me at the time of the interview or do they require the original as well?

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead".

K-1 VISA TIMELINE

30.09.10 - Filed I-129F

06.10.10 - Routed to CSC/NOA1 email

09.10.10 - Cheque cleared

07.10.10 - NOA1

14.10.10 - Touch

15.10.10 - Touch

16.01.11 - Applied for Police Record (NSW)

02.02.11 - Received Police Record (Took 17 days)

10.02.11 - Medical (Received results 6 days later)

22.03.11 - NOA2 (166 days/5.5 months)

25.03.11 - NVC Rec'd

29.03.11 - Left NVC

05.04.11 - Packet 3

05.04.11 - Returned Packet 3

11.04.11 - Packet 4 (Original interview scheduled for 10.05.11 - requested earlier appointment with success!)

12.04.11 - Interview APPROVED!

21.04.11 - VISA in hand!

26.04.11 - POE LAX

04.05.11 - Marriage

AOS TIMELINE

11.05.11 - Filed I-485/EAD/AP

14.05.11 - NOA1

27.05.11 - Walk-in Biometrics completed (originally scheduled for 10.06.11)

08.06.11 - Interview date notice received

11.07.11 - EAD/AP card production ordered (58 days)

14.07.11 - AOS Interview APPROVED!!!(61 days)

18.07.11 - EAD/AP card in hand (65 days)

22.07.11 - GC in hand!!! (69 days)

Hi Darwin,

I sent all forms in together as soon as received packet 3. I had my medical and police cert ready to go. Send your packet in a registered express post envelope so you can keep track of any important documents. The chances of it getting lost are highly unlikely - but stranger things have happened.

Good luck :) the turn around from this point on is pretty quick.

Hi Curvebell,

Thank-you very much for this information. It is much appreciated. :-)

I have only just started organizing the Police Certs and Medical certs and have just paid the K1-Visa Processing Fee at the Aust Post.

I understand that the Medical forms will be at the medical center, so I just need to bring passport, 3 photos and medical vaccination records. Sorry, just confirming this since there is no Medical Center listed for Darwin and I have to fly down south to have this medical exam organized.

I assume with the ink fingerprints that I did as well as the electronic copy, I just bring this to the interview along with my evidence of ongoing relationship and the receipt of the K1-VIsa Processing Fee and all copies of the documents.

One final question, as I would like to get a confirmation on my exact interview date I am requesting in writing that the embassy sends the emails to my email address so I know when to attend, do they officially notify you as well via mail to ensure the interview date is not missed? I would really hate to be sitting here wondering again like I did with Packet 3 where the status of it is as I ended up calling the DoS to find out if Packet 3 had been sent. The Embassy numbers at Sydney werent able to tell me my status of Packet 3.

Much appreciated for your info to date Curvebell

This has assisted me greatly.

Cheers, Darwin.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.