Candace

Immunizations for US Military Spouses

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Thought I would post this even though I don't think there are many Military Spouse DCF-ers, because I didn't know before today and am really pleased I do now!

If you have a Military ID card you can simply go along to the Immunization Desk on base/post, and they'll stab you with everything you need. Free of charge (and on my base it's a walk-in.) They then give you a proper immunization printout which you can take to the medical.

One more thing over and done with! I even got a SpongeBob SquarePants sticker stating 'I am so excited I can't even close my mouth.'

Permanent Resident Since 01/03/2007

N-400 application mailed 3/20/17

Credit card charged 3/25/17

NOA 3/31/17

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline
Thought I would post this even though I don't think there are many Military Spouse DCF-ers, because I didn't know before today and am really pleased I do now!

If you have a Military ID card you can simply go along to the Immunization Desk on base/post, and they'll stab you with everything you need. Free of charge (and on my base it's a walk-in.) They then give you a proper immunization printout which you can take to the medical.

One more thing over and done with! I even got a SpongeBob SquarePants sticker stating 'I am so excited I can't even close my mouth.'

Candace... I hope you inquire more about your benefits as a military spouse. Believe me, there are more than just free medical benefits. I serve on active duty and I've already told my fiance (wife next weekend) of all the benefits she's entitled to. I hope your husband took the time to do that because it's very important. Also one more thing... remember the last 4 digits of your husbands social security number. Everytime you check into a clinic they will ask you for it usually, with your ID. I work at a Military Hospital.

04 January 2004 : Met Stephanie in Las Vegas.

15 May 2006 : Joined visajourney

16 September 2006: Got married in Las Vegas.

03 October 2006 : Stephanie applies for certificate of name change.

12 October 2006 : Stephanie recieved certificate of name change.

16 October 2006 : Stephanie applies for NPC, recieves a couple weeks later.

29 November 2006 : Arrived in Sydney, stayed in 4Points Sheraton Darling Harbor.

30 November 2006 : DCF. Submitted I-130 Sydney US Consulate "walk-in Thursday". Packet 3 in hand.

11 December 2006 : Final Medical Appointment with Dr Miller and immunizations. Approved.

11 December 2006 : Sent off DS-230 Parts I and II, and DS-2001 overnight priority.

27 December 2006 : Received RFE in the mail, returned RFE same day.

24 January 2007 : New Legislation preventing approvals of I-130s at Consulate.

30 January 2007 : Final Visa Interview in Sydney.

22 February 2007: Sydney called for my wife to send her passport to issue the visa.

04 March 2007: Stephanie flies back to Australia to post her passport.

14 March 2007: Stephanie Recieves passport and visa.

18 March 2007: Stephanie is in Florida. Journey is over.

30 March 2007: Stephanie gets Social Security Card.

02 April 2007: Stephanie gets Green Card.

"what happens in Vegas, doesn't always stay in Vegas" - david

Timeline

Candace... I hope you inquire more about your benefits as a military spouse. Believe me, there are more than just free medical benefits. I serve on active duty and I've already told my fiance (wife next weekend) of all the benefits she's entitled to. I hope your husband took the time to do that because it's very important. Also one more thing... remember the last 4 digits of your husbands social security number. Everytime you check into a clinic they will ask you for it usually, with your ID. I work at a Military Hospital.

David - thanks so much for your reply. I think I'm up together with what I am entitled to as a military spouse, but I would love to hear any tips you have that we may not know about. And I've learned my husband's SSN off by heart! :)

Many congratulations on your upcoming wedding!! Very best wishes, I hope your wedding day is as happy as ours was :)

~Candace

NOA 3/31/17

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello there, can u help me. im a military spouse too, weve been waiting until now for my visa and its already a year proccessing. do u know how to make it fast. my husband filed K3 and IR1 but it seems both are still on the process. do u know about the DCF?

Timeline
hello there, can u help me. im a military spouse too, weve been waiting until now for my visa and its already a year proccessing. do u know how to make it fast. my husband filed K3 and IR1 but it seems both are still on the process. do u know about the DCF?

Hello Dette - are you and your husband both in the Phillipines? Or are you in the Phillipines and he elsewhere? Or are you both somewhere else? Where is he stationed?

NOA 3/31/17

I'm retired military. Marlene got her missing vaccinations at the local AF base for the AOS. We took the vaccination worksheet from the visa medical and the printout from the base to the civil surgeon to complete the vaccination supplement for the AOS

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.