Carito_

Mexican, lived in Canada, now K1 Visa

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello everyone, I need some help, the situation is this:

I am a mexican citizen who lived in Canada six years ago for over 6 months, I now live in Mexico City... Because of that, I need a criminal record check from Canada to go with my K1 visa paperwork... The issue here is I need a set of fingerprints taken at a police agency in Mexico to then send that set to Canada for them to do that certificate... I've been to many many police agencies here and no one is willing to do that because, they say, "we just don't do that".... The Canadian Police even offers to send the form for the police officer to just fill but they refuse to do that too... I really need this fingerprints because I really need the police certificate but I don't know how to proceed from here...

Mexican police officers are just not willing to do it and I feel like I'm stuck...

I was hoping some of you had any ideas or have been in the same or similar situation and could give me some advice... I would really appreciate it...

My Timeline

K1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F Sent : 2011-02-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-02-24

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-05-27

Packet 3 Received : 2011-07-09

Interview Date : 2011-09-07

Interview Result : A P P R O V E D ! ! !

Visa Received : 2011-09-13

US Entry : 2011-12-11

Marriage : 2011-12-29

Processing Estimates/Stats :

Your I-129f was approved in 92 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 195 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Des Moines IA

Date Filed : 2012-01-20 (Filed for EAD and AP too)

NOA1 Date : 2012-01-24

Bio. Appt. : 2012-02-28

Transfered: 2012 -02-15

Touched: 2012-02-23

EAD card production ordered: 2012-03-16

EAD/AP combo received: 2012-03-24

Green Card Production!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2012-09-27

zqWtm7.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moving to Embassy/Consulate discussion, Police reports not needed when filing an I-129F petition, needed later for visa interview...

Probably visiting a station in a large city may be better when doing this?Or perhaps visiting the US Consulate to get printed.

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

More:

D. - Can I obtain my Immigrant Visa and have my fingerprints taken at the CIS Office in Mexico City rather than traveling to Cd. Juarez?

A. - No. The Consulate General in Cd. Juarez is the only immigrant visa issuance post in Mexico, and is the only post which is authorized to take fingerprints required for the criminal history record check as part of the immigrant visa application process. CIS offices overseas do not process immigrant visas, and cannot take fingerprints in normal immigrant visa cases.

http://mexico.usembassy.gov/eng/einsinfo.html#Answers

http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/contact-us.html (I would contact then and ask about getting fingerprints done there.)

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Are you sure you need the police certificate? When going through Juarez no police certificates are required unless you have a criminal history. I would ask the consulate there if you truly need one first.

That information about the only place fingerprints are done is old now. You now have to make an appointment to get your fingerprints taken before your interview in Juarez (which is now also scheduled and no longer an open appt. system), and you can choose where you want to get them taken at. So, you can make an appt. to get the prints done in Mexico City before you head off for your medical and visa interview appt. in Juarez.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Are you sure you need the police certificate? When going through Juarez no police certificates are required unless you have a criminal history. I would ask the consulate there if you truly need one first.

That information about the only place fingerprints are done is old now. You now have to make an appointment to get your fingerprints taken before your interview in Juarez (which is now also scheduled and no longer an open appt. system), and you can choose where you want to get them taken at. So, you can make an appt. to get the prints done in Mexico City before you head off for your medical and visa interview appt. in Juarez.

Required from every country lived in more than 6 months since age 16.

Yes, may not need one from Mexico, however the person posting is asking about one from Canada where they lived for more than 6 months.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Required from every country lived in more than 6 months since age 16.

Yes, may not need one from Mexico, however the person posting is asking about one from Canada where they lived for more than 6 months.

Ah, I see.

Well, maybe the OP can contact the consulate in Mexico City to ask them about getting fingerprints for their situation. Let them know the police refuse to do them for you, and you need it done for your visa application. Offer to pay for them? They might at least know what you could do about it. I do not know. Worth a shot I suppose.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I finally contacted a Police Agency that would do it in another city, thank you all for your responses!

My Timeline

K1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F Sent : 2011-02-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-02-24

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-05-27

Packet 3 Received : 2011-07-09

Interview Date : 2011-09-07

Interview Result : A P P R O V E D ! ! !

Visa Received : 2011-09-13

US Entry : 2011-12-11

Marriage : 2011-12-29

Processing Estimates/Stats :

Your I-129f was approved in 92 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 195 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Des Moines IA

Date Filed : 2012-01-20 (Filed for EAD and AP too)

NOA1 Date : 2012-01-24

Bio. Appt. : 2012-02-28

Transfered: 2012 -02-15

Touched: 2012-02-23

EAD card production ordered: 2012-03-16

EAD/AP combo received: 2012-03-24

Green Card Production!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2012-09-27

zqWtm7.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.