Team Erra

How to Super Front load new petition

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi All. So far, this forum has been a lot of help - but the more I read the more apposite answers I can find. So here is my direct situation:

My fiance's petition was sent back to USCIS March 10,2011. I know usually they don't tell you why, but our letter said that at the interview, the CO asked my fiance failed to provide details on my background.... (although he was never asked, AND it was never asked in our 221g.) We provided more documents for AP, and we were told "the new information was not conclusive".

Here are the questions he was asked at interview:

How did you meet: online, April 2007

When did you meet: May 2008 - India

Where will you live when you get to USA: with me, of course!

Do you have any relatives in USA: no (no we met online)

What are your eductional qualifications: graduate in business commerce

I read on these forums that these questions probably pin point exactly why his petition is being returned. I have provided evidence to counter-point 6 reasons why he could be denied (including the time apart (fees vs. cost of trip), why petition expired, why we are choosing to live in America, his professional career and plans, etc)

So my new question is 2 points:

I have heard various suggestions on what I do with my counter-points. Send them in, have our immigration lawyer send them in, wait til I recieve a NOID?

And secondly, we are prepared to get married and do CR1 once this is completely finished, if they refuse to reaffirm it on the expiration.... how do I front-load proof of him knowing my background? I never even thought to include letters of "why this happened" or "why that happened" I only included tons of proof of relationship (4 hugely committed years) and it appears their proof of a genuine relationship isn't there. I now know our mistakes, but how do I prove that? He had a notarized letter of all the reasons why he loves me, though it's cheesy, I guess it didn't prove what they wanted?

Thanks so much, let me know if I need clarification

April 27. 2007 Met accidentally on orkut.com

May 3. 2007 Began officially dating

November 4. 2007 In Love *swoon*

May 22. 2008 K visited India with friend

Feburary 2 2009 K's second visit to India

November 19. 2009 K's third visit to India: Engaged!

December 29. 2009 Hire Immigration attorney for help

March 28. 2010 I-129F sent in

June 16. 2010 Petition Approved - sent to National Visa Center

June 29. 2010 Packet 3 sent from Us Embassy

July 29. 2010 Packet sent from US Embassy Delhi

August 27. 2010 Packet recieved

September 17. 2010 DS 230 recieved

October 15. 2010 Petition expires :(

December 28. 2010 Interview Scheduled

January 28. 2011 Interview sent to administrative processing/additional documents required

February 10. 2011 K's fourth visit to India

February 14. 2011 Documents submitted to VFS Kelly & Nikhil together

March 10. 2011 Documents "non conclusive" petition sent back to NVC/petition not revalidated

April 30. 2011 notice to reapply - our petition expired, no other information given.

August 20.2011 K's fifth visit to India

November 11.2011 Team Erra will be married in New Delhi!

2013 we will begin CR1 visa after enjoying our lives as a married couple.

Advice welcome! :)

Team Erra never gives up!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hi All. So far, this forum has been a lot of help - but the more I read the more apposite answers I can find. So here is my direct situation:

My fiance's petition was sent back to USCIS March 10,2011. I know usually they don't tell you why, but our letter said that at the interview, the CO asked my fiance failed to provide details on my background.... (although he was never asked, AND it was never asked in our 221g.) We provided more documents for AP, and we were told "the new information was not conclusive".

I read on these forums that these questions probably pin point exactly why his petition is being returned. I have provided evidence to counter-point 6 reasons why he could be denied (including the time apart (fees vs. cost of trip), why petition expired, why we are choosing to live in America, his professional career and plans, etc)

I have heard various suggestions on what I do with my counter-points. Send them in, have our immigration lawyer send them in, wait til I recieve a NOID?

And secondly, we are prepared to get married and do CR1 once this is completely finished, if they refuse to reaffirm it on the expiration.... how do I front-load proof of him knowing my background? I never even thought to include letters of "why this happened" or "why that happened" I only included tons of proof of relationship (4 hugely committed years) and it appears their proof of a genuine relationship isn't there. I now know our mistakes, but how do I prove that? He had a notarized letter of all the reasons why he loves me, though it's cheesy, I guess it didn't prove what they wanted?

If you've hired an immigration lawyer, then he/she knows far more about your case than we ever will, you should be telling him/her anything he/she doesn't already know and then following the attorney's advice on this matter.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Timeline

Hey Kelly,

Was is New Delhi Embassy?

We have almost similar time line of this visa process as you do. Our petition was also returned to USCIS in Feb,2011, now we have received a notice from USCIS saying that our petition has expired and we can apply for a new one.

I can understand how sucky it is to wait for years.

I wish you a good luck for your next process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.