smasbreuk

K1 Visa questions

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hi all, i am from Indonesia, and my fiance from Nevada, i have some questions about K1 visa here because i don't know about what's NOA or the other

1. My paperwork right now is in USCIS as Initial review ( Form I-797C )and what do i want to know is, usually for how long it will be take until we get a letter to NVC? is it takes around 2-4 months or it would be different for each person?

2. And after get approval so will be go to NVC ( national visa centre ) and what should we prepare for this step?

3. Should i translate my birth certificate for me to bring on interview in USA embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia? or they will send something to me by mail for me to bring on the interview?

4. If we get approval from USCIS, NVC and then do interview, is that possible if i will get deny for visa in USA embassy in Indonesia?

i think that's all for now and thanks a lot for your help :)

SltIp7.png

K-1 / USCIS :

Feb 2011 ---- USCIS

May 2011 ---- Approved NOA 2

15 June 2011 ---- embassy packet 3

16 June 2011 ---- Medical check up

16 June 2011 ---- Send email to embassy

17 June 2011 --- Result MCU Passed

17 June 2011 ---- Interview Date

21 June 2011 ---- Interview Passed

24 June 2011 ---- Pick up passport

27 June 2011 ---- USA

a9NTp7.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

1. 5+ months until NVC

2. CLick the word 'guides' up at the top and look for info on the K-1

3. Yes, tranlations are necessary, to save time have them done now

4. Yes, most denials will happen at the consluate. If you prepare a strong case you should have no worries

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Timeline

1. 5+ months until NVC

2. CLick the word 'guides' up at the top and look for info on the K-1

3. Yes, tranlations are necessary, to save time have them done now

4. Yes, most denials will happen at the consluate. If you prepare a strong case you should have no worries

Good luck

Thanks a lot :) and all the best too for you

SltIp7.png

K-1 / USCIS :

Feb 2011 ---- USCIS

27 June 2011 ---- USA

a9NTp7.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hi all, i am from Indonesia, and my fiance from Nevada, i have some questions about K1 visa here because i don't know about what's NOA or the other

1. My paperwork right now is in USCIS as Initial review ( Form I-797C )and what do i want to know is, usually for how long it will be take until we get a letter to NVC? is it takes around 2-4 months or it would be different for each person?

2. And after get approval so will be go to NVC ( national visa centre ) and what should we prepare for this step?

3. Should i translate my birth certificate for me to bring on interview in USA embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia? or they will send something to me by mail for me to bring on the interview?

4. If we get approval from USCIS, NVC and then do interview, is that possible if i will get deny for visa in USA embassy in Indonesia?

i think that's all for now and thanks a lot for your help :)

Welcome here smasbreuk.

1. The timeframe is different for each person, for each case. Normally 3-5 months but some quicker, some longer. Mine was longer, take 6 months and more to get the approval due to the earthquake in Haiti before, so the USCIS seemed took care them first than us. Just be patient.

2. After you got approval, prepare:

a. Certified original affidavit support form or I-134, collect at least the paystub of ur fiance's wages, ask ur fiance to send you the letter of employment from his office/company, bank statement, proof of assets, one year US return tax page/1040, and W2, proof of ongoing relationship, etc. Ask ur fiance to send u the certified original copy of his divorce paper (if he married before). You also have to bring the Medical Check up review. The translator and the clinic must be the ones they choose. They will let u know about the translator and the clinic you should use the service on Packet 3.

b. Complete the papers that will be sent later by embassy by email. This email we call it Packet 3. They gonna send the Packet 3 to ur fiance's email and they gonna ask him to forward this email to you.

c. The Birth Certificate with English translation is one of the paper that include the packet 3.

d. So far Indonesian Embassy approve 99% of the petition.

Dont worry, just keep stays and active here, and searching, then you gonna be smart about it by yourself. While waiting the approval, you can search about this and that here. This site is really helpful.

*K1 JOURNEY

2010-07-16****K1 Petition Sent Out

2010-08-08****NOA1 Hardcopy

2011-05-20****POE LAX

2011-06-20****Wedding

AOS:

2011-08-18****AOS Package Sent.

2011-09-29****Biometric Appt. Dover, Delaware

2011-10-18****RFE reply

2011-12-13****GC in hand

AP:

2011-10-31****File AP

2011-11-08****NOA1

2011-11-14****AP Approved

ROC:

2013-10-22***Package Sent

2013-11-03***Check Cashed

2013-11-05***NOA1
2013-11-25***Biometrics

2014-02-06***GC in hand dancin5hr.gif

5b904a1af6.gif

Timeline

Welcome here smasbreuk.

1. The timeframe is different for each person, for each case. Normally 3-5 months but some quicker, some longer. Mine was longer, take 6 months and more to get the approval due to the earthquake in Haiti before, so the USCIS seemed took care them first than us. Just be patient.

2. After you got approval, prepare:

a. Certified original affidavit support form or I-134, collect at least the paystub of ur fiance's wages, ask ur fiance to send you the letter of employment from his office/company, bank statement, proof of assets, one year US return tax page/1040, and W2, proof of ongoing relationship, etc. Ask ur fiance to send u the certified original copy of his divorce paper (if he married before). You also have to bring the Medical Check up review. The translator and the clinic must be the ones they choose. They will let u know about the translator and the clinic you should use the service on Packet 3.

b. Complete the papers that will be sent later by embassy by email. This email we call it Packet 3. They gonna send the Packet 3 to ur fiance's email and they gonna ask him to forward this email to you.

c. The Birth Certificate with English translation is one of the paper that include the packet 3.

d. So far Indonesian Embassy approve 99% of the petition.

Dont worry, just keep stays and active here, and searching, then you gonna be smart about it by yourself. While waiting the approval, you can search about this and that here. This site is really helpful.

Thanks a lot Utha, and congrats for you yeaaa finally

btw all the letters from my fiance must be real one not copy right?

so now i have to wait from USCIS to approve then goes to NVC and get ready to prepare everything right?

can i asks you more on PM? much better lol cos lot of questions and dunno where to asks

SltIp7.png

K-1 / USCIS :

Feb 2011 ---- USCIS

27 June 2011 ---- USA

a9NTp7.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

so now i have to wait from USCIS to approve then goes to NVC and get ready to prepare everything right?

can i asks you more on PM? much better lol cos lot of questions and dunno where to asks

Sure, ask me on pm. We here to help each other. Dont mind.

*K1 JOURNEY

2010-07-16****K1 Petition Sent Out

2010-08-08****NOA1 Hardcopy

2011-05-20****POE LAX

2011-06-20****Wedding

AOS:

2011-08-18****AOS Package Sent.

2011-09-29****Biometric Appt. Dover, Delaware

2011-10-18****RFE reply

2011-12-13****GC in hand

AP:

2011-10-31****File AP

2011-11-08****NOA1

2011-11-14****AP Approved

ROC:

2013-10-22***Package Sent

2013-11-03***Check Cashed

2013-11-05***NOA1
2013-11-25***Biometrics

2014-02-06***GC in hand dancin5hr.gif

5b904a1af6.gif

Timeline

Sure, ask me on pm. We here to help each other. Dont mind.

thank you, see ya there

SltIp7.png

K-1 / USCIS :

Feb 2011 ---- USCIS

27 June 2011 ---- USA

a9NTp7.png

Just to be clear - it is best (for you and everyone else) to post questions in the forum. This way you'll get a consensus of answer(s) and others can learn from this as well (that's why we're here after all). PM is fine but you lose the benefit of doubt.

The best thing to do is to review/study/learn the Guide as it will lead you in the best direction. The K-1 Flowchart is great for giving folks an idea of what happens in what order and about when to expect it.

Once folks have a better overall understanding of the process - then come back and ask specific questions if you have them.

Hope this helps. :thumbs:

Timeline

Just to be clear - it is best (for you and everyone else) to post questions in the forum. This way you'll get a consensus of answer(s) and others can learn from this as well (that's why we're here after all). PM is fine but you lose the benefit of doubt.

The best thing to do is to review/study/learn the Guide as it will lead you in the best direction. The K-1 Flowchart is great for giving folks an idea of what happens in what order and about when to expect it.

Once folks have a better overall understanding of the process - then come back and ask specific questions if you have them.

Hope this helps. :thumbs:

Yes danke schon Otto

sorry and Pm just because we are come from the same country and would be better if we talk with our language in PM than on this thread

SltIp7.png

K-1 / USCIS :

Feb 2011 ---- USCIS

27 June 2011 ---- USA

a9NTp7.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.