45 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello Guys :D, Am i approved ? Read the review and you judge :P

First thing i arrived at the embassy at about 6:30 AM, i waited outside with other people, about 7:30 a guy came out of the embassy's front door then started calling names from a piece of paper that he had in his hand but he called my name wrong, then asked me if i had an interview appointment, then he said ok guys you gonna have to go and stand on the other side of the street until i get the full list of names, around 8:30 we started standing in line to get into the embassy, once i got in they took my phone and they gave me everything else, i went in and took a piece of paper with a number and waited among other people, around 9 AM they called my number and i went to the window to that Arabic speaking woman, she look like thirty some years old but wow she was so sweet, and kind to me, i gave her the medical report and after that she was sorting some of our papers and she gave me a stack of papers that my wife sent to USCIS then i asked her for the original documents, she said ok but you have to pay to get them lol i said of course anything you want :P she told me to go to the DHL desk and gave them my address and phone number and stuff and by the way you don't pay for the DHL there any more, you just pay when you receive the package. anyway did that then went and sat down with some guys that two of them were diversity lottery and the other was a spouse too, then i was called again to do the Finger Prints, the woman at the Finger Prints window told me something very funny before i put my fingers on the screen, ( she said wipe your fingers on your shirt ) :rofl: i started doing that but then i realized i had some tissues lol then i asked her if i could use them instead of my shirt, she said yes of course lol

Then i went back to sit again and wait for my name to be called then about 15 minutes later they called my name i went to the window, and there was a guy that neither looked Arabic nor American and he had a British accent, well don't ask me how i have no idea :no::D He had a girl next to him with a scarf that was translating everything he said, well i didn't need her to do so but she did it anyway and she was also sorting out papers for him, Anyway he said Good Morning, I said Good Morning then he started asking me :

1. How did you meet your wife ?

2. When was that ?

3. When did you first meet your wife in person ?

4. How many times have you seen her in Person ?

5. When was the last time you've seen her in person ?

6. How long has she stayed in every visit ?

7. He mentioned my wife's father name and asked me who is that ?

8. He asked me to show him pictures of us together

9. When did you get married ?

Then He said well everything looks good and your part of the process is done now, let us continue the Administrative processing and we will contact you when we gonna issue the visa and he gave me my passport, I asked him if i could ask him a question ?, He said sure, i said how are u gonna give me the visa when you don't have my passport, He said we will contact you and you will send it to us Via DHL, i said why don't you just keep it with you, He said cause it might be lost. I said so How long the AP might take, He said a month, i said exactly ?, he said well it might be less or longer than that, i said how longer ? he said two months, i said ok thank you very much sir and i just left :D :D That's it, what do you think guys ? did i do good :P ?

Find a job you love to do, and you will never work another day in your life.

us-eg.gif

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

First thing i arrived at the embassy at about 6:30 AM, i waited outside with other people, about 7:30 a guy came out of the embassy's front door then started calling names from a piece of paper that he had in his hand but he called my name wrong, then asked me if i had an interview appointment, then he said ok guys you gonna have to go and stand on the other side of the street until i get the full list of names, around 8:30 we started standing in line to get into the embassy, once i got in they took my phone and they gave me everything else, i went in and took a piece of paper with a number and waited among other people, around 9 AM they called my number and i went to the window to that Arabic speaking woman, she look like thirty some years old but wow she was so sweet, and kind to me, i gave her the medical report and after that she was sorting some of our papers and she gave me a stack of papers that my wife sent to USCIS then i asked her for the original documents, she said ok but you have to pay to get them lol i said of course anything you want :P she told me to go to the DHL desk and gave them my address and phone number and stuff and by the way you don't pay for the DHL there any more, you just pay when you receive the package. anyway did that then went and sat down with some guys that two of them were diversity lottery and the other was a spouse too, then i was called again to do the Finger Prints, the woman at the Finger Prints window told me something very funny before i put my fingers on the screen, ( she said wipe your fingers on your shirt ) :rofl: i started doing that but then i realized i had some tissues lol then i asked her if i could use them instead of my shirt, she said yes of course lol

Then i went back to sit again and wait for my name to be called then about 15 minutes later they called my name i went to the window, and there was a guy that neither looked Arabic nor American and he had a British accent, well don't ask me how i have no idea :no::D He had a girl next to him with a scarf that was translating everything he said, well i didn't need her to do so but she did it anyway and she was also sorting out papers for him, Anyway he said Good Morning, I said Good Morning then he started asking me :

2. When was that ?

Then He said well everything looks good and your part of the process is done now, let us continue the Administrative processing and we will contact you when we gonna issue the visa and he gave me my passport, I asked him if i could ask him a question ?, He said sure, i said how are u gonna give me the visa when you don't have my passport, He said we will contact you and you will send it to us Via DHL, i said why don't you just keep it with you, He said cause it might be lost. I said so How long the AP might take, He said a month, i said exactly ?, he said well it might be less or longer than that, i said how longer ? he said two months, i said ok thank you very much sir and i just left :D :D That's it, what do you think guys ? did i do good :P ?

Congrats Sam!!! :dance: I think the interview went well, he didn't ask you too many questions, so I would assume that he didn't suspect fraud or anything like that. Now you join the wait with me and others in AP :( I pray your AP will not last long at all. I'm sure your wife is excited too.. I know it stinks to not get your visa in a few days, but it won't be much longer. I know what a huge relief it is to have this step done, now go celebrate!! :dance::dance:

~ Our Journey ~

10/27/09 - Met online

04/21/10 - Travel to Egypt to meet in person

05/08/10 - Sent I-129F

05/10/10 - VSC receives I-129F

05/11/10 - NOA1

05/13/10 - Touched

05/14/10 - Touched

05/17/10 - Received NOA1 in the mail

07/06/10 - NOA2 - Approved!!!! :)

07/12/10 - Received NOA2 in the mail

07/13/10 - Received at NVC

07/16/10 - NVC changes embassy per our request

07/19/10 - Told we are in AP @ NVC

07/30/10 - Case sent to Cairo embassy

08/05/10 - Case received at embassy

09/07/10 - Received packet 3 - FINALLY!!!

09/15-10 - 2nd trip to Egypt, returned home on 10/5/10

12/14/10 - Received interview date

01/09/11 - 3rd trip to Egypt

01/12/11 - Interview - APPROVED!!!...but AP

01/24/11 - Returned to the states without my habibi :(

04/06/11 - AP was completed!! :)

05/10/11 - Visa has been issued!!!

Timeline

2. When was that ?

Yes Sam, you did good my friend! I am very excited for you and your wife! You both did your part and now the rest is up to the embassy workers. Thank you for sharing with us your interview experience, I was on pins and needles! :lol::yes: Sounds like you had a good experience at the embassy and soon you will be off on a flight! B-) CONGRATULATIONS and BEST WISHES FOR YOU AND YOUR WIFE! (F)

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congratulations, Sam! This brings tears to my eyes, so happy for you and your wife! Here's hoping AP just flies by, as I know it will after all the waiting. All my best! :dance:

Passing harsh judgment on those you don't know says nothing of the judged and everything of the judge.

Congrats!!

***Removing Conditions***

Submitted I-751: March 4, 2011

Check cashed: March 10, 2011

NOA1: March 8, 2011

Biometrics Appt: April 21, 2011

Early Bio Walk-in: April 7, 2011

Approved: September 7, 2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sounds positive. Hope the AP speeds by and you have your visa in hand soon! :)

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Timeline

hi sam ,it seems your interview went well ,good luck but did they do the same with other peole u was site beside them i mean regarding passport ? i wanna aske something, why this translator girl if u speak english ? did u mentioned in ds230 that u speak english ? / and do u see them friendly ? sorry for aksing 2 questions thanks sam

Filed: Timeline

I got approve too

05/06/2010 Sent I-130 To USCIS

05/12/2010 USCIS Received it

05/18/2010 Got NOA1

10/27/2010 NOA2

11/03/2010 NVC

11/04/2010 NVC Case number IIN number

11/09/2010 AOS Paid In process

11/12/2010 Show Paid & Send DS3032

11/13/2010 IV Paid In process

11/16/2010 IV show Paid

11/18/2010 Sent AOS& and IV packet

11/19/2010 AOS and IV packet delivered

12/02/2010 Entered on the system

12/10/2010 Case complete / Sign In Failed

February 9, 2011Canceled Interview(Embassy is closed because we had revaluation in Egypt)

03/31/2011 new interview ( Visa issued in the same day )

04/04/2011 DHL guy called me to get the visa

01/14/2013 mailed I-751 packet

01/19/2013 NOA

01/25/2013 Biometrics Letter

15/02/2013 Biometrics Appointment

03/14/2013 2 year Conditional Green Card expires

Timeline

Congrats Sam!!! :dance: I think the interview went well, he didn't ask you too many questions, so I would assume that he didn't suspect fraud or anything like that. Now you join the wait with me and others in AP :( I pray your AP will not last long at all. I'm sure your wife is excited too.. I know it stinks to not get your visa in a few days, but it won't be much longer. I know what a huge relief it is to have this step done, now go celebrate!! :dance::dance:

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: Thank you very much Mandy I really needed that advice you gave me last night but you know i think i impressed the guy with my language, Thanks to speaking to my wife everyday for years really helped my English so much i owe her a lot i love her i adore her .............. shhhhhh lol :lol: i think i can go on forever lol wohooooooooo i wish we both can get out of this AP soon inshallah

us-eg.gif

Timeline

Yes Sam, you did good my friend! I am very excited for you and your wife! You both did your part and now the rest is up to the embassy workers. Thank you for sharing with us your interview experience, I was on pins and needles! :lol::yes: Sounds like you had a good experience at the embassy and soon you will be off on a flight! B-) CONGRATULATIONS and BEST WISHES FOR YOU AND YOUR WIFE! (F)

Woooooooohoooooooo i did good i did good :P :P Thank you Amber, i really had a great experience, everyone was nice there, but i wish i don't stay long in AP, Wish you get an interview soon too inshallah (F)

Congratulations, Sam! This brings tears to my eyes, so happy for you and your wife! Here's hoping AP just flies by, as I know it will after all the waiting. All my best! :dance:

Thank you very much LongRoadHome, Good Luck to you too :dance: :dance:

تهاني

Thanks Wendy lol you speak Arabic ?

Congratulations ...pray your AP won't be long

Thank you LADYDARE

Congrats!!

Thank you Moosker

Sounds positive. Hope the AP speeds by and you have your visa in hand soon! :)

Thank you OBX :)

us-eg.gif

Timeline

hi sam ,it seems your interview went well ,good luck but did they do the same with other peole u was site beside them i mean regarding passport ? i wanna aske something, why this translator girl if u speak english ? did u mentioned in ds230 that u speak english ? / and do u see them friendly ? sorry for aksing 2 questions thanks sam

Thank you Monalisa, well she was sorting papers too but she was translating in case i didn't understand his questions but i pretty much got them all

About the DS i am not sure if i mentioned that, but yes everybody was so friendly in there wow i was amazed by how nice they all were

Good Luck to you

I got approve too

Congratulations Seko :D

us-eg.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: Thank you very much Mandy I really needed that advice you gave me last night but you know i think i impressed the guy with my language, Thanks to speaking to my wife everyday for years really helped my English so much i owe her a lot i love her i adore her .............. shhhhhh lol :lol: i think i can go on forever lol wohooooooooo i wish we both can get out of this AP soon inshallah

I'm glad I could help :) and glad to know you didn't try using the accent on them :rofl: I wish I had your wife's email, I'd send her a copy of this link so she could always remind you how you "owe" her LOL

~ Our Journey ~

10/27/09 - Met online

04/21/10 - Travel to Egypt to meet in person

05/08/10 - Sent I-129F

05/10/10 - VSC receives I-129F

05/11/10 - NOA1

05/13/10 - Touched

05/14/10 - Touched

05/17/10 - Received NOA1 in the mail

07/06/10 - NOA2 - Approved!!!! :)

07/12/10 - Received NOA2 in the mail

07/13/10 - Received at NVC

07/16/10 - NVC changes embassy per our request

07/19/10 - Told we are in AP @ NVC

07/30/10 - Case sent to Cairo embassy

08/05/10 - Case received at embassy

09/07/10 - Received packet 3 - FINALLY!!!

09/15-10 - 2nd trip to Egypt, returned home on 10/5/10

12/14/10 - Received interview date

01/09/11 - 3rd trip to Egypt

01/12/11 - Interview - APPROVED!!!...but AP

01/24/11 - Returned to the states without my habibi :(

04/06/11 - AP was completed!! :)

05/10/11 - Visa has been issued!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.