keith88gt

Question on the age from yesterday

186 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

interesting minimum age of consent in cali is 18........wonder how many times a day that gets broken :lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

“Men who think the abuse of vulnerable children is an acceptable sexual outlet are sadly mistaken,” said United States Attorney Debra Wong Yang. “New laws in the United States allow us to arrest, prosecute, and incarcerate those who want to victimize children overseas. Working with colleagues in other nations, we are striving to protect children around the world from predators who will stop at nothing to abuse those most vulnerable people on the planet.”

-Debra Wong Yang

So we're imposing our morals on other countries now? If it is legal in Country X, then I personally believe the US government has no right to prosecute someone for it. What if they start requiring "before and after" drug tests for people who visit Amsterdam? Where do we draw the line on THAT?

Go look at this site and then tell me again that 27 and 17 is illegal in the US, ok? I don't care if it is in the Philippines....for all we know, they haven't had sex. That part is NONE OF OUR BUSINESS.

http://www.avert.org/aofconsent.htm

The Age of Consent isn't 18 in the US, you know....

I"m sorry, but considering that a large percentage of 17 year olds around here already have 1 or 2 kids of their own, I don't see how anyone can possibly refer to a 17 year old as a "kiddie".

Ana and Dan.....check your family tree and tell me at what age YOUR grandparents or great-grandparents got married.....

Oh so now we're going back in history to compare what should be legal today? I can think of a MILLION things that may have been acceptable back in the 'good ole days', but don't quite cut it today. Bottom line is we have to draw the line somewhere Cian. In the US, we draw that line at 18 for intimate relations. I'm not going to argue with you about it, I'm just telling you what is and isn't illegal.

“Men who think the abuse of vulnerable children is an acceptable sexual outlet are sadly mistaken,” said United States Attorney Debra Wong Yang. “New laws in the United States allow us to arrest, prosecute, and incarcerate those who want to victimize children overseas. Working with colleagues in other nations, we are striving to protect children around the world from predators who will stop at nothing to abuse those most vulnerable people on the planet.”

-Debra Wong Yang

I"m sorry, but considering that a large percentage of 17 year olds around here already have 1 or 2 kids of their own, I don't see how anyone can possibly refer to a 17 year old as a "kiddie".

Ana and Dan.....check your family tree and tell me at what age YOUR grandparents or great-grandparents got married.....

Cian, also. I dont know what country you are from, but in the United States, a LARGE PERCENTAGE of our 17 year old girls DO NOT have 1 or 2 kids. I don't know what the statistics are, and I'm not about to waste my time looking that up, but i would take a guess and say the percentage of 17 year olds with kids would be very low. In my particular neighborhood, I'd say maybe .05%. That's NOT a large percetage is it?

I'm from the "country" of Indiana.

In Indianapolis, try something closer to 10-20% of under-18 girls having kids.

The statewide teen pregnancy rate and rank for Indiana is:

Indiana Rate (of all births, per 1000) 73 State Rank 20

That's 7.3% for the entire state. Of all births, 7.3% are to teens. My area is higher.

North Dakota has the lowest rate, by the way.... 4.2%

Nevada has the highest rate with 11.3% of all births being by teens.

Fine, but by no means a LARGE percentage. In my particular city (Bellevue, WA) it's much much less.

April 1, 2006 - Filed I-129F

April 7, 2006 - NOA1

June 1, 2006 – Touched due to transfer to from NSC to CSC.

July 3, 2006 - IMBRA RFE Recieved in mail

July 6, 2006 - IMBRA RFE sent back to CSC

July 14, 2006 - CSC received RFE

July 15, 2006 - Touched

August 10, 2006 - Touched

August 11, 2006 - Touched

August 12, 2006 - Touched - Second RFE notice

August 14, 2006 - Touched

August 15, 2006 - Touched

August 19, 2006 - Second RFE arrives

August 20, 2006 - RFE reply

August 25, 2006 - Touched - RFE reply received

August 26, 2006 - Touched

August 28, 2006 - NOA2 approved in 144 days

August 29, 2006 - Touched

September 2, 2006 - Physical NOA2 arrives in mail

September 8, 2006 - NVC receives case

September 13, 2006 - NVC sends case to Rio

September 18, 2006 - Physical notice from NVC arrives in mail

September 18, 2006 - Case arrives in Rio

September 26, 2006 - Packet 3 replied to (before receiving it)

September 27, 2006 - Packet 3 response arrives in Rio

September 27, 2006 - Packet 3 arrives at Ana's

October 6, 2006 - Packet 4 arrives at Ana's

October 9, 2006 - Medical

December 5, 2006 - Interview!!

January 13, 2007 - Getting married in Hawaii!!

Praia_do_Forte_Apr_24_2006054resize.jpg

115511272516511.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

With all due respect Ana and Dan...but do you have ANY idea of the rate of teen pregnancies in this country???? And I can just about guarantee you these girls getting pregnant are at least 17...some much younger.

Take a tour of some local high schools one day...you might be surprised. I'd wager that some have more than one child too...contrary to what some may believe.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Timeline

My friend Brianna is a nurse at the local hospital here. She just helped to deliver twins to a 14 year old. Her (the teen's) second time being in the delivery room, by the way. So, she's 14 and has 3 kids. It wasn't "odd" enough to warrant more than a casual mention from Bri. She sees it all the time.

Ana and Dan - You don't consider roughly 10% of ALL teen girls having children to be a large percentage? I do.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Timeline
With all due respect Ana and Dan...but do you have ANY idea of the rate of teen pregnancies in this country???? And I can just about guarantee you these girls getting pregnant are at least 17...some much younger.

Take a tour of some local high schools one day...you might be surprised. I'd wager that some have more than one child too...contrary to what some may believe.

KarenCee, I honestly have no idea how many girls in high school are walking around pregnant. Must be great business for planned parenthood. :(

What percentage of those teenage girls do you think are impregnated by men 27 and above though? Because that's the real issue here, not teen on teen pregnancies.

My friend Brianna is a nurse at the local hospital here. She just helped to deliver twins to a 14 year old. Her (the teen's) second time being in the delivery room, by the way. So, she's 14 and has 3 kids. It wasn't "odd" enough to warrant more than a casual mention from Bri. She sees it all the time.

Ana and Dan - You don't consider roughly 10% of ALL teen girls having children to be a large percentage? I do.

I guess it really depends on what part of the country you are from. I know it's not even close to that high where I live. At any rate, as I already mentioned to KarenCee...we're getting off topic in the off topic forum..:lol: We're not talking about teen on teen pregnancies, we're talking about adults and minors and the legality of that.

Edited by Ana and Dan

April 7, 2006 - NOA1

July 15, 2006 - Touched

115511272516511.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

There is no way to know if they are getting pregnant from their teen boyfriend or from an adult, unless they say who the father is, but I'd wager there are pregnancies from both. I was addressing your comment "a LARGE PERCENTAGE of our 17 year old girls DO NOT have 1 or 2 kids". We all might be surprised to see how high that figure is.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Well, depending on what state the 27 year old is from, it might not BE illegal, if she were already here. Also, as I've mentioned before, we don't know that they've had sex. So, there is absolutely no basis for bringing up laws regarding sex with a minor overseas.

Marriage-wise....the laws of the country in which the fiance lives would apply. If it's 18 in the Philippines, then he has to wait until she's 18. I make no judgement about whether it is right or not for him to want to marry a 17 year old.

For the record, the state of Washington has an overall teen pregnancy rate (accoring to them) of 3.0%. King County is ranked #2 for abortions in the state, which suggests a higher teen pregnancy rate than other counties. Overall Washington state abortion rates for teens are 45%.

Edited by Cian
Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Timeline
There is no way to know if they are getting pregnant from their teen boyfriend or from an adult, unless they say who the father is, but I'd wager there are pregnancies from both. I was addressing your comment "a LARGE PERCENTAGE of our 17 year old girls DO NOT have 1 or 2 kids". We all might be surprised to see how high that figure is.

Well and I stand by that comment. 10% is not large percentage. That would leave 90% without children. It's still wholly unacceptable that 10% have children, but it's not a large %. Peace. :)

Edited by Ana and Dan

April 7, 2006 - NOA1

July 15, 2006 - Touched

115511272516511.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Well and I stand by that comment. 10% is not large percentage. That would leave 90% without children. It's still wholly unacceptable that 10% have children, but it's not a large %. Peace. :)

that 10% would seem awfully large if it was one of your daughters :yes:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

that 10% would seem awfully large if it was one of your daughters :yes:

Grrrrrrrr. I pray I never have a daughter. :lol:

April 7, 2006 - NOA1

July 15, 2006 - Touched

115511272516511.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I would like to side with KarenCee here. Here is the problem with that statistic. Ok...so 10% of teens have kids....BUT what they aren't doing is brekaing it down. In the nice froofy schools, like the one i'm at NOW, there are only 4 pregnant girls. That's 4 out of a school of 1400 TOTAL kids...so about 700 girls.

BUT...At a school where I USED to work, in a VERY low income area...99% black school...3 out of every 5 girls there either WAS pregnant and already HAD kids, or was currently pregnant. 3 out of 5!!! that is a LOT of babies....and I can assure you I am NOT exxagerating here....

I had 10 girls on my caseload, again ALL at the same school who had multiple pregnancies and/or babies.

all at ONE school. As for the age of the fathers...they are older than you think. These girls don't care about the pimple faced teens in the school - they pretend to be older than they are and sleep with ppl OUTSIDE of school...almost ALWAYS over 20 years old. The boys in that shcool aren't the fathers. The thing is, if the parents dont know and the girls don't press charges, nothing happens to these men.

Again this is my specific experience. The numbers can seem low if you're looking at the general population...but when you look at the specifics...it's much more frightening.

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

As for the age of the fathers...they are older than you think. These girls don't care about the pimple faced teens in the school - they pretend to be older than they are and sleep with ppl OUTSIDE of school...almost ALWAYS over 20 years old. The boys in that shcool aren't the fathers. The thing is, if the parents dont know and the girls don't press charges, nothing happens to these men.

I'm sorry... I know I'm gonna get flamed here BUT I'm gonna just say it anyway... why should something happen to these men???? If those girls are lying about their age how is that the men's fault? When do we stop treating young people like babies and start teaching them to take responsibility for their own actions???

OK th_flamethrower.gif away

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Bottom line is we have to draw the line somewhere Cian. In the US, we draw that line at 18 for intimate relations.

We don't. The age of consent varies by state, with most states setting it at age 16.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Bottom line is we have to draw the line somewhere Cian. In the US, we draw that line at 18 for intimate relations.

We don't. The age of consent varies by state, with most states setting it at age 16.

I believe in NC and SC and maybe GA it's 14 :whistle:

ETA: but that's just how old they gotta be to 'get busy' ... they have to be older if they want to get married.

Edited by Veiled Princess