8 posts in this topic

Hi there! I'm sure half of you will roll your eyes at this, but the more I try to find answers in the forum, the more confused I get, so I'm hoping someone can help me.

I am unsure what medical documents, if any, I am required to obtain before I send in my AOS package. I had my medical exam and x-ray on February 3rd, interview on the 10th. With my approved visa and passport I was also mailed a large sealed envelope that was to be opened at the POE, and a smaller sealed envelope which says: 'K1 - applicant copies of medical forms. Retain this sealed envelope for your I-485 application with the USCIS Office. DO NOT OPEN.'

Of course, I am itching to rip it open to see if it has the forms I need, but I shall resist.

At the interview itself I was also given a CD which supposedly has my x-ray results on it (couldn't open it on my Mac), which came with a sheet of paper called 'Vaccination Documentation Worksheet'. It says For Use with DS-2053 or DS-2054, and To Be Completed by Panel Physician Only. In the bottom lefthand corner it says DS-3025, 07-2010. This sheet basically shows I've had all of the vaccinations I need (a note to other Dutchies - the only vaccination I needed as healthy young woman was a renewal of my DKTP... a shame they wouldn't tell me that before I had myself shot up with a cocktail of expensive diseases. Ah well!)

So, on the one hand it looks to me like I have everything they need. But as always, the fear of an RFE compels me to want to go to a doctor here and get everything done again. Any tips? At this point, saving on yet another doctor's bill wouldn't hurt...

Thanks a lot, VJers!

It sounds as though the applicant copies envelope has been nicely provided to you to include with your AOS as proof of your full medical. Just send that in. If you were up to date with all vaccines at that point that should be all you need to do.

Edited by amykathleen2005

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

It sounds as though the applicant copies envelope has been nicely provided to you to include with your AOS as proof of your full medical. Just send that in. If you were up to date with all vaccines at that point that should be all you need to do.

I get that feeling too, especially since it's sealed. My experience with the Amsterdam embassy was that they were extremely helpful and efficient, so it wouldn't be surprising. Thanks for the reassurance, I'm just going to try it and see what happens!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi there! I'm sure half of you will roll your eyes at this, but the more I try to find answers in the forum, the more confused I get, so I'm hoping someone can help me.

I am unsure what medical documents, if any, I am required to obtain before I send in my AOS package. I had my medical exam and x-ray on February 3rd, interview on the 10th. With my approved visa and passport I was also mailed a large sealed envelope that was to be opened at the POE, and a smaller sealed envelope which says: 'K1 - applicant copies of medical forms. Retain this sealed envelope for your I-485 application with the USCIS Office. DO NOT OPEN.'

Of course, I am itching to rip it open to see if it has the forms I need, but I shall resist.

At the interview itself I was also given a CD which supposedly has my x-ray results on it (couldn't open it on my Mac), which came with a sheet of paper called 'Vaccination Documentation Worksheet'. It says For Use with DS-2053 or DS-2054, and To Be Completed by Panel Physician Only. In the bottom lefthand corner it says DS-3025, 07-2010. This sheet basically shows I've had all of the vaccinations I need (a note to other Dutchies - the only vaccination I needed as healthy young woman was a renewal of my DKTP... a shame they wouldn't tell me that before I had myself shot up with a cocktail of expensive diseases. Ah well!)

So, on the one hand it looks to me like I have everything they need. But as always, the fear of an RFE compels me to want to go to a doctor here and get everything done again. Any tips? At this point, saving on yet another doctor's bill wouldn't hurt...

Thanks a lot, VJers!

You just to have a USCIS Civil Surgeon transcribe your medical results. However, the USCIS Civil Surgeon might not want you CD x-ray result and will require to inject your arm with tb test (It takes 2 days to show the result. No reaction = No TB). Also, you may need a second MMR shot.

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=CIV

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8066925138937638623#
Angels Still Don't Play This HAARP

The only reason people say to have the records transcribed is in the case of they might get lost when turned in at POE and transferred to USCIS. As Vera has a copy of the entire medical with all vaccines up to date in a sealed envelope, she can send that right in with AOS no need to transcribe.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

You'll find that people don't agree on this topic. My standard answer based on a lot of reasearch of USCIS and CDC documents is

Look at your DS-3025. If it has the following items, you don't need an I-693.

1. Shots marked (at least one of a series, date no longer than 10 years ago)

• MMR
  • Td or Tdap or DT or DTP or DtaP
  • Varicella or VH written by it if you had chickenpox

2. Everything else marked not age appropriate

3. RESULTS section filled in with "incomplete... may be eligible for blanket waiver"

4. Signed and dated by the doctor

If it's not completed like that then see a civil surgeon for the I-693. If it is complete, send a photocopy of your DS-3025.

The USCIS is supposed to have your medical files, but sometimes lose them or fail to match them up with your AOS. Do not get another exam unless you get an RFE that says they do not have results of your medical. It means they lost them, but you are probably stuck with paying for a new exam.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Forgot to say--Vera won't have the "lost medical" problem because she was given spare copies of the whole medical. Yay Dutch doctor for providing that! You still need to see if your DS-3025 was properly completed in order to skip the civil surgeon copying your records to an I-693.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.