iampatricias

Waiting for our passports from Montreal

Passport wait times  

299 members have voted

1. 1. How long did you wait for your passport after your Montreal interview?

• 1-3 business days
    • 4-7 business days
    • 8-10 business days
    • 11-14 business days
    • More than 14 business days - they were just very slow.
    • More than 14 business days - my circumstances were exceptional.
  2. 2. If your wait was longer than expected, what do you think caused the delay?

• The US Consulate in Montreal caused the delay.
    • DHL delivery caused the delay.
    • All of the above.
    • None of the above. Something else caused the delay.
    • None of the above. I was satisfied with the delivery time.

2,640 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

@Adam Smith It changed this evening,attached is what my Case says. I had my interview in Montreal too.

Congratulations Lola800!!! Super happy for you!! :dancing:

By the way, if you attached something... it is not showing up on my end.

My case was "touched" on Sunday oct 23rd and no movement since... very upsetting actually

@Adm Smith I thought it was going to show my bad. But my Case still says your Visa is currently going through Ap blah blah I hope to get my tracking # tomorrow. You have keep emailing the embassy, Also I message them on FB too.

@Adm Smith I thought it was going to show my bad. But my Case still says your Visa is currently going through Ap blah blah I hope to get my tracking # tomorrow. You have keep emailing the embassy, Also I message them on FB too.

Well I've e-mailed them four times already and no response. How many times did you e-mail them? Did they reply?

The best ttime to email them is in the morning at 9am ,Also use the public inquiry to send email. I sent a message through facebook, I requested that my email to be forwarded to the Supervisor this morning and I got a quick respond then when i checked my case in the evening it changed to Issued.

The best ttime to email them is in the morning at 9am ,Also use the public inquiry to send email. I sent a message through facebook, I requested that my email to be forwarded to the Supervisor this morning and I got a quick respond then when i checked my case in the evening it changed to Issued.

Thank you so much for your help Lola800. In your opinion is it normal for my status to have not changed after it was "touched" on Sunday. I thought the stairs would change by now

@Adamsmith, every case is different, my work permit in Canada expire mid of next month I think that is why they treated my Case very fast.i got my tracking number today, I should be get my passport tomorrow or Friday. Am out of AP holes. Yaaay

@Adamsmith, every case is different, my work permit in Canada expire mid of next month I think that is why they treated my Case very fast.i got my tracking number today, I should be get my passport tomorrow or Friday. Am out of AP holes. Yaaay

Lola800, I'm so happy to hear you are getting your passport tomorrow. I know from first hand experience how hard it is to wait. You've been very patient and now is time for you to CELEBRATE!!! :) Congratulations once again, and thank you for all your support :):dancing:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hi all.

Was wondering if anyone that's been waiting has been on AP and got a request for their passport from the Consulatr and if so, how long have they been waiting to get it back?

My husband had his interview at the Montreal consulate on June 23, put in AP because he's from Iran and studying engineering. On September 14 we received a request from the Consulate to send them his passport (they didn't keep it after his interview). It arrived to their mailing facility exactly 5 weeks ago today. Sent them an email in early October asking about status but no response. Last update was October 11 on the website which I'm guessing is when they finally got around to reading the email. Getting kind of anxious with the holidays coming up and having to keep life on hold.

Sept 4, 2015 - Priority date for I-130
January 29, 2016 - Case Approved
February __, 2016 - Received NOA2
February 17, 2016 - NVC Received Case
February 26, 2016 - Case Number and Invoice # Received (via phone call)
February 26, 2016 - Filed Designation of Agent
February 29, 2016 - AOS Fee Invoiced
February 29, 2016 - AOS Fee Paid - In Processing
February 29, 2016 - Called NVC Customer Service to Review DS-261
March 1, 2016 - IV Fee Invoiced
March 1, 2016 - IV Fee Paid - In Processing
March 2, 2016 - AOS Fee Shows Paid
March 3, 2016 - IV Fee Shows Paid
March 3, 2016 - Access DS 260
March 3, 2016 - Submit DS 260
March 4, 2016 - Affidavit of Support to NVC - sent by Mail with IV Packet
March 4, 2016 - IV Packet to NVC - sent by Mail with IV Packet
March 7, 2016 - AOS and IV Packet Received by NVC (called)
March 14, 2016 - Received email from NVC confirming scan date
March 24, 2016 - Scan Date #2 (sent in missing document before checklist would be issued).
May 2, 2016 - 3 N/As and called to confirm Case Complete at NVC
May 9, 2016 - Received email confirming Case Complete
May 9, 2016 - Called NVC - Interview Scheduled
May 10, 2016 - Received interview confirmation letter
May 11, 2016 - Scheduled Medical Exam
June 16, 2016 - Medical Exam
June 23, 2016 - Interview - Montreal
June 23, 2016 - Put into mandatory AP - we've been "MENA'd". :( Requested CV, all of hubby's engineering research papers, and additional financial proof of relationship.
June 29, 2016 - Mailed requested documents to Montreal Consulate. The waiting begins again.

September 14, 2016 - Consulate requested passport

September 21, 2016 - Mailed passport to Consulate

September 22, 2016 - Passport delivered to US Consulate mail facility

September 26, 2016 - CEAC shows "update"

September 27, 2016 - CEAC shows "update"

October 5, 2016 - Emailed Consulate to verify receipt of passport and ask about turn around timeline - "will reply within 2 business days"

October 11, 2016 - CEAC shows "update" (likely due to email sent 10/05/2016)

October 27, 2016 - CEAC shows "update" & Received email from Consulate confirming passport was received on 9/26/2016 and to allow 8 weeks for processing.

November 17, 2016 - CEAC shows "update" in the morning - still Administrative Processing.

November 17, 2016 around noon - CEAC shows "ISSUED".

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I feel so bad for all you guys stuck in AP. My interview was Wednesday and visa status is showing as Issued already as of Thursday afternoon. I was thinking maybe everyone got stuck in AP through Montreal.

Best wishes for you all to advance soon and be with your loved ones.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.