iampatricias

Waiting for our passports from Montreal

Passport wait times  

299 members have voted

1. 1. How long did you wait for your passport after your Montreal interview?

• 1-3 business days
    • 4-7 business days
    • 8-10 business days
    • 11-14 business days
    • More than 14 business days - they were just very slow.
    • More than 14 business days - my circumstances were exceptional.
  2. 2. If your wait was longer than expected, what do you think caused the delay?

• The US Consulate in Montreal caused the delay.
    • DHL delivery caused the delay.
    • All of the above.
    • None of the above. Something else caused the delay.
    • None of the above. I was satisfied with the delivery time.

2,640 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm in the same boat. After being in AP since January, I was finally told to send in my passport on May 31st. It's been 3 weeks now, and despite sending them 4 emails, I still have no response. Don't even know if my passport has been forwarded to my reviewer or it's just sitting in the mail room.

The waiting is driving me crazy!!! My guess is that it depends on the type of visa but also your reviewer. When I sent in my additional documents last time, I was told to wait for 8 weeks. My case was not touched until the last two weeks of that wait period, and then I could see it was worked on almost everyday, until May 31st which was when I got the email asking for passport. I think my reviewer is a procrastinator that likes to do things very last minute. So I guess I shouldn't expect to hear anything until second week of August... :crying::crying::crying:

I have only one week until expiry date of my medical. No update since 6 weeks ago when I sent my passports. It's frustrating. I don't know what happen if the process of visa issuance pass expiry date of my medical !!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have only one week until expiry date of my medical. No update since 6 weeks ago when I sent my passports. It's frustrating. I don't know what happen if the process of visa issuance pass expiry date of my medical !!

Hi!!

send them an email, maybe they will "Issued" this week and but you have to enter before the expiration. otherwise a new medical and more delay! I know how frustrating this is, My husband has been waiting for 13 months under AP. they never asked for any documents or additional info. we believe the only reason is that he was born in Cuba, even though, He is Canadian Citizen for 15 years, his records from both countries ( Cuba and Canada ) are clean and he has been here more than 20 times visiting before this process. this waiting has been the worse time of my life!! The consulate keeps saying that "We need to wait!" :clock::ranting:

Timeline

Hi!!

send them an email, maybe they will "Issued" this week and but you have to enter before the expiration. otherwise a new medical and more delay! I know how frustrating this is, My husband has been waiting for 13 months under AP. they never asked for any documents or additional info. we believe the only reason is that he was born in Cuba, even though, He is Canadian Citizen for 15 years, his records from both countries ( Cuba and Canada ) are clean and he has been here more than 20 times visiting before this process. this waiting has been the worse time of my life!! The consulate keeps saying that "We need to wait!" :clock::ranting:

I sent them an email two weeks ago and received common reply (it takes up to 8 weeks)

Timeline

Hello, please I'm k. looking to request for my passport. Given that you have already gone through this process can you PLEASE tell me if you faced any problems like did you face any delays because you were with your passport when visa was ready to be issued? Did they inform you to send it? When you sent the passport, did it take long before you received your passport back from Montreal? I have looked everywhere for this information and I was so happy to see your comments. I really look forward to your response. Thank you

Got husband's passport back today. Sent from Montreal yesterday, arrived today.

We need to travel to the US over the next several weeks. We also need to help our joint sponsor complete the I-864 and get the supporting documents ready to send.

Has anyone sent requested documents and waited to send passport until papers are reviewed and Embassy asks you to send?

Timeline:

June 7th- Interview

Result- Approved but missing original birth certificate

June 7th- Mailed original birth certificate

June 8th- Offsite facility received original birth certificate

June 13th- Consulate received original birth certificate

June 29th- Requested for passport to travel

July 8th- Received passport

July 8th- (didnt need passport anymore) mailed it back to consulate

July 9th- Offsite facility received passport

July 13th- Consulate received passport

July 14th- Sent emails to inquire about case, was told to give them an additional 8 weeks from JULY 13th to process my visa :ranting: , immediately involved Congressman AND our Attorney sent letters mid-july/end of august

August 9th- Issued

August 10th- Received tracking number at 2pm

August 11th- Received Passport at 11am(Markham, ON)/Crossed border. at 7pm (Pearson Airport Toronto)

August 16th- Went to Social Security office, was told my card was mailed out August 15th and I was able to jot the SSN down (needed for work)

(For SSN, when i was completing the DOS-260, I requested for them to have my SSN processed)

August 25th- SSN came in the mail :D

October 16th, RECEIVED GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello, please I'm k. looking to request for my passport. Given that you have already gone through this process can you PLEASE tell me if you faced any problems like did you face any delays because you were with your passport when visa was ready to be issued? Did they inform you to send it? When you sent the passport, did it take long before you received your passport back from Montreal? I have looked everywhere for this information and I was so happy to see your comments. I really look forward to your response. Thank you

Hi, Mavin,

This post http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/302129-waiting-for-our-passports-from-montreal/?p=8164105 has a timeline. MarciaSean got the emailed request from the Consulate for the passport two days later.

2009/09/30 Married
IR-1 begins: 2015/07/07 Courier I-130 petition to Chicago

2015/07/08 Petition delivered | NOA1 date
2015/07/10 Received emailed NOA1 (California) 2015/07/20 Received snail mail NOA1
2015/08/25 NOA2 by email/USCIS site (48 days) 2015/09/02 Received snail mail NOA2

2015/09/15 Received by NVC (21 days)

2015/09/27 Case number assigned (12 days) 2015/09/28 Got case number and IIN over the phone
2015/09/28 Submitted DS-261 2015/09/29 Paid AOS fee (IN PROCESS) 2015/10/01 AOS fee PAID
2015/10/13 Received NVC Welcome Letter hard copy
2015/10/15 Reviewed DS-261 (17 days)
2015/10/16 Received IV Invoice 2015/10/16 Paid IV fee (IN PROCESS)

2015/10/17 Submitted AOS package & IV package 2015/10/19 IV fee PAID 2015/10/19 Submitted DS-260 (scan date)

2015/10/20 Re-sent files (new scan date) 2015/10/29 CASE COMPLETE!

2015/11/13 Heard about interview date (phone) (15 days) 2015/12/07 Medical

2015/12/18 INTERVIEW! 221(g) request for additional sponsor. Otherwise good to go!

2016/01/07 Additional information and passport sent back to Mtl Consulate.

2016/01/12 Passport & 221g delivered to Consulate

2016/01/14 Status updated on CEAC; no update yet on ais.usvisa-info.com

2016/01/28 Status updated to READY 2016/01/29 Status updated to ISSUED

2016/02/01 Received Canada Post info 2016/02/03 Got it!

2016/02/04 POE YVR

2016/03/18 Received green card

2018/11/08 Submitted N-400 online

2018/11/09 Estimated wait time: 31 Days  2018/11/09 Estimated case completion time: 11 months

2018/11/10 Biometrics appt scheduled 2018/11/13 Appointment letter received online

2018/11/27 Biometrics appt

2019/02/25 Interview scheduled

2019/04/01 Interview: APPROVED

2019/04/23 Oath Ceremony

2020/04/03 Elected to local office

Timeline

Oh wow. Thank you

Timeline:

June 7th- Interview

July 14th- Sent emails to inquire about case, was told to give them an additional 8 weeks from JULY 13th to process my visa :ranting: , immediately involved Congressman AND our Attorney sent letters mid-july/end of august

August 9th- Issued

August 11th- Received Passport at 11am(Markham, ON)/Crossed border. at 7pm (Pearson Airport Toronto)

August 16th- Went to Social Security office, was told my card was mailed out August 15th and I was able to jot the SSN down (needed for work)

(For SSN, when i was completing the DOS-260, I requested for them to have my SSN processed)

Timeline

I sent them an email two weeks ago and received common reply (it takes up to 8 weeks)

I sent another email before expiry date of my medical and days after my status change to READY "Your case is ready for you to schedule an interview at the U.S. Consulate General in Montreal" !!!!! :ranting:

It seems that I have to wait for an email to do medical exams again and then another interview. Has anybody been in this situation before?

I sent another email before expiry date of my medical and days after my status change to READY "Your case is ready for you to schedule an interview at the U.S. Consulate General in Montreal" !!!!! :ranting:

It seems that I have to wait for an email to do medical exams again and then another interview. Has anybody been in this situation before?

It will change to ready from AP and back to AP etc... Don't let the wording bother you until you see issued.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

It will change to ready from AP and back to AP etc... Don't let the wording bother you until you see issued.

Medical exams are only valid for six months, according to travel state website. Is there any chance to have visa in hand even after six months validity of medicals?

Medical exams are only valid for six months, according to travel state website. Is there any chance to have visa in hand even after six months validity of medicals?

No. Youd need a new medical before issuance.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

This was posted today at the Consulate Facebook Page, click link for more info.

DEMANDEURS DE VISAS - En cas de grève des postes, pour assurer la livraison de documents : goo.gl/sebeVI

VISA APPLICANTS - In event of a postal strike, to ensure document delivery: goo.gl/sebeVI

Timeline

Hi!!!

After 14 months waiting, today we received an email from the consulate requesting new medical, new police report and a new application!! they are not requesting the passport yet, but knowing they are working on the case makes us so happy!!!! :dancing:(L):dancing:

Timeline

Believe it or not, I have actually been praying for you. I went through every single one of the posts on here and I felt for you every time I read your posts. I'm happy you got an update and I wish you fast responses and a case status reading "ISSUED". All the best. :)

Hi!!!

After 14 months waiting, today we received an email from the consulate requesting new medical, new police report and a new application!! they are not requesting the passport yet, but knowing they are working on the case makes us so happy!!!! :dancing:(L):dancing:

Timeline:

June 7th- Interview

August 9th- Issued

Timeline

Hi!!!

WOW!!!! Though I am so happy to hear that they have actually responded to you. I hope that the issue comes very soon. Best of luck to you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.