johny

about green card holder's spouse

6 posts in this topic

HI,

I AM WRITING FIRST TIME. I READ ALL THE PEOPLE VIEWS AND I CAME TO THE POINT THAT U GUYS CAN ANSWER MY QUESTION

MY SISTER IS GREEN CARD HOLDER AND SHE APPLIED IN OCT 2001 FOR HER SPOUSE, IN ONE YEAR HER PETITION GOT APPROVED AND WAS SENT TO NVC. IN OCT 2005 NVC HAS SENT HER CASE TO NEW DELHI EMBASSY AS SHE IS CLOSE TO PRIORITY DATE BUTSUDDENLY IN APRIL HER PRIORITY DATE WENT BACK 2 YEARS AS PER VISA BULLTEIN. NOW HER CASE IS NEWDELHI EMBASSY MORE THAN A YEAR.

MY QUESTION IS HOW LONG SHE HAS TO WAIT MORE SINCE HER CASE IS IN EMBASSY

DID ANY BODY EDXPERIENCED THIS KIND ISSUE AND TRIED TO FIND OUT?

CAN U GUYS TELL ME WHAT COULD HAPPEN

THANKS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Ummm, I'm only guessing, but it could be administrative processing. It's hard to tell because you didn't give many details. If you did, we'd be able to give you more accurate answers.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: Timeline
HI,

I AM WRITING FIRST TIME. I READ ALL THE PEOPLE VIEWS AND I CAME TO THE POINT THAT U GUYS CAN ANSWER MY QUESTION

MY SISTER IS GREEN CARD HOLDER AND SHE APPLIED IN OCT 2001 FOR HER SPOUSE, IN ONE YEAR HER PETITION GOT APPROVED AND WAS SENT TO NVC. IN OCT 2005 NVC HAS SENT HER CASE TO NEW DELHI EMBASSY AS SHE IS CLOSE TO PRIORITY DATE BUTSUDDENLY IN APRIL HER PRIORITY DATE WENT BACK 2 YEARS AS PER VISA BULLTEIN. NOW HER CASE IS NEWDELHI EMBASSY MORE THAN A YEAR.

THANKS

The second preference family-based category deals with relatives of permanent residents and is subject to annual visa limits. This can create visa backlogs, dependent upon how many petitions were requested each year. India, Mexico and the Philippines have a higher demand for immigrant visas and are subject to country-specific annual limits. The rate of progression for priority dates often varies and as the USCIS approaches it end of year, which falls on September 30, it is not uncommon to see a noticeable retrogression in priority date.

Presumably, when your sister's petition was approved and sent to New Delhi, they must have exceeded the visa quota for that year. Retrogression is used as a tool to attempt to keep the number of visas issued each year within the number allocated for the year.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

HI,

THANKS

The second preference family-based category deals with relatives of permanent residents and is subject to annual visa limits. This can create visa backlogs, dependent upon how many petitions were requested each year. India, Mexico and the Philippines have a higher demand for immigrant visas and are subject to country-specific annual limits. The rate of progression for priority dates often varies and as the USCIS approaches it end of year, which falls on September 30, it is not uncommon to see a noticeable retrogression in priority date.

Presumably, when your sister's petition was approved and sent to New Delhi, they must have exceeded the visa quota for that year. Retrogression is used as a tool to attempt to keep the number of visas issued each year within the number allocated for the year.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Johny,

I am an LPR too. My petition to my husband filed in Nov 2001 and approved in 2005. Until now, nothing heard from USCIS, if your sister was 5 yrs and entitled to get a citizenship it's better to do that and upgrade the petition. That's my plan one of the member here, have the same case so i think it's better to do that, than waiting for nothing, especially now that the retrogression comes in F2A case.

Take care,

MC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.