vett

removin condition while separated

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hello colleagues....

what are the procedures of removing condition on green card if the person is still married

but separated?

they have been married for over 3yrs and they have a 2yr old child together, she can prove

that her relationship was bona fide, and they have been living together for the entire time

but ever since her 6yr old daughter moved to the states her husband has been very verbally

abusive to the child, calling her names like money and shouting at her just really treating

her very badly. so now the mother decides that she can't take it anymore.but not sure where

she stands as far as her status.

appreciate any insight.

thanks guys :)

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Jamaica

Marriage (if applicable): 2009-03-17

I-130 Sent : 2009-12-21

I-130 NOA1 :

I-130 RFE : 2010,11,06

I-130 RFE Sent : 2010,12,15

I-130 Approved : 2010-03-09

Interview Date : 2011-02-17 Submit Review

life is not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!♥♥♥

if god is for you who can be against you.

blue slipped!!

-- Second Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa):

28/3/2011...APPROVED!!!!APPROVED, APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Vett.. how your fren dem full a issues so..? Dis is like the 3rd time this year you popping out with a question. All she needs to do is to file the paper work. Honestly I dont see her having a problem she needs to file the I-751 with the supporting evidence Birth Cert. or any child/ren born to the marriage, sworn affidavits by 2 or more people who knew her prior to or after her conditional status was granted.

Hope others will have more to add.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Vett, no disrespect to you, but what was stated above ^^gives me pause to wonder. But in putting that aside, if she have evidence that she entered into the marriage in good faith, then she can ROC on her own with a wavier indicating that she has begun the process of a divorce. The petitioner will probably have to be the one to initiate the divorce$$$$$$,unless her husband wish to take the first step.

P.N. if I was the USC, I wouldn't initiate anything, if you want your green card then spend your $$$$ on getting the divorce. I would feel all spent out, at this junction I would just take my $$$$$$ and go and get me some rest from this mess.

Timeline

Vett.. how your fren dem full a issues so..? Dis is like the 3rd time this year you popping out with a question. All she needs to do is to file the paper work. Honestly I dont see her having a problem she needs to file the I-751 with the supporting evidence Birth Cert. or any child/ren born to the marriage, sworn affidavits by 2 or more people who knew her prior to or after her conditional status was granted.

Hope others will have more to add.

thanks for the advice Ricardo. but may i ask if you think i am out of my league by posting

2 questions for the people closest to me. amean am i doing something that is not prohibited

on visajourney??

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

I-130 NOA1 :

life is not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!♥♥♥

blue slipped!!

Timeline

Vett, no disrespect to you, but what was stated above ^^gives me pause to wonder. But in putting that aside, if she have evidence that she entered into the marriage in good faith, then she can ROC on her own with a wavier indicating that she has begun the process of a divorce. The petitioner will probably have to be the one to initiate the divorce$$$$$$,unless her husband wish to take the first step.

P.N. if I was the USC, I wouldn't initiate anything, if you want your green card then spend your $$$$ on getting the divorce. I would feel all spent out, at this junction I would just take my $$$$$$ and go and get me some rest from this mess.

thanks Journey, you always give some solid advice.never mind Ricardo's comment i think he was out of his league for

saying what he did, things happen in life, when we enter into a relationship no one knows for sure how things are going

to turn out, there is just no guarantee, every relationship is nice in the beginning. and this post that i did is for

my sister, and she is a very good wife to her husband, he is just a very mean mexican man that she happens to fall in

love with, and quiet frankly i don't think she is going to leave him, she don't have the guts to walk out on a man

i think she is just angry and was reaching out to me. and that is why i asked the question.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

I-130 NOA1 :

blue slipped!!

Timeline

thanks for the advice Ricardo. but may i ask if you think i am out of my league by posting

2 questions for the people closest to me. amean am i doing something that is not prohibited

on visajourney??

No no you are quite fine.. Actually I've posted a question about 5-6 months ago for a friend.

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

Timeline

No no you are quite fine.. Actually I've posted a question about 5-6 months ago for a friend.

but now you have people thinking, wondering and scratching there heads, as to whether or not my questions deserves a reply

your comment just leaves a bad taste in there mouths. but it's all good :thumbs:

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

I-130 NOA1 :

blue slipped!!

Timeline

but now you have people thinking, wondering and scratching there heads, as to whether or not my questions deserves a reply

your comment just leaves a bad taste in there mouths. but it's all good :thumbs:

No Not at all.. i'm sorry... Know that you will always have a feedback from me.. if not anyone else.. while others take a days+ to answer.. count on me for a good answer that came from confidence. LifeJourney, Sus, Trelawney, will definitely be here to advise you and correct me if I'm wrong.

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

on visajourney??

LOL :rofl::rofl::rofl:, hey vett how you doing girl, as of now you are my number 1 :thumbs: girl. hope all go well next week

Timeline

LOL :rofl::rofl::rofl:, hey vett how you doing girl, as of now you are my number 1 :thumbs: girl. hope all go well next week

thanks..and thanks for the blessings.. i will keep u posted.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

I-130 NOA1 :

blue slipped!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.