JQ Smiley BOOM

BOOM!!! Yardie Pardie ova here!! Positive vibez ONLY

762 posts in this topic

Sorry but mi hubsand said what we typed was what you said, not what you meant. Unless you and him speak different patwa. Maybe his is city and your is country.

nuting naaw gwaan paaw TV but bare pallylitics.

Nothing not going appear/upon TV but boring politics.

Why does everyone guess I'm a Jamaican country person? :( But your husband is right. Every parish has its own patwah words but we all tend to understand each other.

Question: what word in my initial pawtah sentence gave 'appear' as it's synonym?

LLol yall funny! Tryin to tlk patwa hahaa lord knows no try nuh work fi mi lol.....what's up yall?

Ohdee. :D

Also why did you type TV instead of the patwah word for it?

What is the patwah version of TV? Teevee or pichuh box? Asking because I only know it as TV.

I answered you in my English and jmaican mix. Usually I answer fiance in just plain english.

Wait I'm confused, which one of you is Jamaican?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Kenny got it right because he translated in present tense with 'on now' but Life translated in future tense with 'going to'.

So what I said was Nothing is going on on TV but politics' or 'Only politics is on TV'. Literal translation is 'Nothing not going on on TV but only politics'

Question: how the heck did Kennard get it right?

What does this mean? Is this Trini talk or what?

Maybe I am under cover Jamaican :lol:

Pichuh box sounds more like it :devil:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

From what I know if a paternity test is requested it will be done at the time of the medical and kids petitioned for via a biological relationship through their fathers have to do it. The thing is there's no way around the test if you are required to do it.

If you:

Have results of paternity test ≠ man filing petition = no visa/greencard

Have results of paternity = man filing petition = visa/greencard

Refuse to do paternity test = no visa/greencard

And if you file for the kids as their step mom you will still have to do a paternity test between your husband and his supposed kids. This is because family based immigration is to reunite blood related family and if the kids aren't his the petition that you have filed becomes void.

I have read numerous places you do not have to do a paternity test. It is only required if there is not enough evidence to establish a parent child relationship. that is what the uscis websites state. i read in the observer that you do not have to get a paternity test if you can get jp letters stating that a father child relationship exists. of course if they think there's fraud that's different. certainly can affect getting a visa. and they don't do paternity at the medical exam. i read 100 places they request it at the very end of your interview if they request it at all and your medical is done a week prior to apt. but i am waiting to hear an apt date maybe you are right maybe they will want it done at the medical. that is why i joined this website because i am so anxious. and they calling jamaica the jacket capital right now and just want the kids to go to their apt and come home with their family who loves them. feel so bad after me and my man got married his baby mama who was a cheater and why they broke up in the first place, took off and left the kids. so here we are happily ever after and had to hear about his kids who we sent his sister to go get them and send the sister child support while we wait for visa! it's messed up situation. they are hurt cuz of how their mother acted and failed to be a mother and all i want is to be their new mother and have been waiting since january and don't want a paternity test! (sigh)

Timeline

From what I know if a paternity test is requested it will be done at the time of the medical and kids petitioned for via a biological relationship through their fathers have to do it. The thing is there's no way around the test if you are required to do it.

If you:

Have results of paternity test ≠ man filing petition = no visa/greencard

Have results of paternity = man filing petition = visa/greencard

Refuse to do paternity test = no visa/greencard

And if you file for the kids as their step mom you will still have to do a paternity test between your husband and his supposed kids. This is because family based immigration is to reunite blood related family and if the kids aren't his the petition that you have filed becomes void.

and no i quote uscis "must prove that a bonifide parent child relationship exists." is say nothing about blood. jamaica, not the united states are the ones who want to make sure it is blood. and i read somewhere but can't find where that if the dna test comes back negative your application is not void you will be given the option to adopt or something they didn't call it adopt. i can not find that information or source. i wanna find a back up plan

Timeline

I have read numerous places you do not have to do a paternity test. It is only required if there is not enough evidence to establish a parent child relationship. that is what the uscis websites state. i read in the observer that you do not have to get a paternity test if you can get jp letters stating that a father child relationship exists. of course if they think there's fraud that's different. certainly can affect getting a visa. and they don't do paternity at the medical exam. i read 100 places they request it at the very end of your interview if they request it at all and your medical is done a week prior to apt. but i am waiting to hear an apt date maybe you are right maybe they will want it done at the medical. that is why i joined this website because i am so anxious. and they calling jamaica the jacket capital right now and just want the kids to go to their apt and come home with their family who loves them. feel so bad after me and my man got married his baby mama who was a cheater and why they broke up in the first place, took off and left the kids. so here we are happily ever after and had to hear about his kids who we sent his sister to go get them and send the sister child support while we wait for visa! it's messed up situation. they are hurt cuz of how their mother acted and failed to be a mother and all i want is to be their new mother and have been waiting since january and don't want a paternity test! (sigh)

Sounds like you have everyone who can provide you answers and help has done the best they could. This is not a legal forum. People can only give you advice. Maybe you should consult a lawyer so that you are prepared. O you just wait and see what happends. Good luck to you!

Seems like Kenny is better than me. I can read and understand it but cannot type it. I so lame! :blink:

and no i quote uscis "must prove that a bonifide parent child relationship exists." is say nothing about blood. jamaica, not the united states are the ones who want to make sure it is blood. and i read somewhere but can't find where that if the dna test comes back negative your application is not void you will be given the option to adopt or something they didn't call it adopt. i can not find that information or source. i wanna find a back up plan

1)People who tend to not have to do a Pat test and married couples and if the kids were born in wedlock. However if the evidence says otherwise, those people may be asked for a pat test.

2)Sometimes a pat test isn't enough and the child or the father (maybe even mother) has to show that a relationship existed before the petition was filed eg old photos + new photos, financial aid in school, post cards/letters, kids on their health care plan, name not recently added to BC etc.

3) JP letters/vouches are worth the ####### you flush down the toilet. Justice of the Peace are known to write, sign and or stamp documents for people they don't know or they are paid for their 'approvals'. I know one JP that knowingly turns their eyes to criminal activity of friends and family and refers to lotto scamming as 'nothing', their house is riddled with bullet holes (when I saw that I was like O.O) and that person is notorious in their community. This is why the Embassy only accepts medicals from an approved panel, certain certified documents and police certificates (some shady things happened with this too were folks had to redo their PC's).

4) As I said if your husband is asked to do a paternity test he will have to do it.

5) Bonafiade means real and real can be blood related or good parent child relationship.

6) To adopt your husband would have to satisfy a 2 year residency condition with child in JA, parents (the mother & real baby daddy) have to give consent, must be a legal adoption and the adoption shouldn't be for immigration purposes (meaning adoption is being used to immigrate where before they were not 'petitionable' by immigration laws eg cousins adopting cousins, aunts adopting nephews, grandmother adopting grandkids)

6) Back up plan move to Jamaica or another country if he can't get his 'child' to the US.

As I said before, if they ask for a paternity test, it has to be done. It makes no sense a woman 8 1/2 months pregnant ask what child birth will be like when at this point it's inevitable.

Edited by aaydrian

Okay then what's a dulsi meana? :hehe:

And depending on ur answer I'll spill the beans & tomatoes to Josie. :devil:

According to my fiance I am a jamaican. :devil:

I see I'm getting the run around but the truth shall be revealed. :)

Seems like Kenny is better than me. I can read and understand it but cannot type it. I so lame! :blink:

And here I thought Kenny would be left out and you would be alright. You muy lame-o. :D

Don't feel bad that you can't write it, a lot of Jamaicans can't read or write (understandable) patwah. Smh, shameful.

Edited by aaydrian

Timeline

And depending on ur answer I'll spill the beans & tomatoes to Josie. :devil:

And here I thought Kenny would be left out and you would be alright. You muy lame-o. :D

Don't feel bad that you can't write it, a lot of Jamaicans can't read or write (understandable) patwah. Smh, shameful.

I thought Pinklion said somewhere she was a Trini. I could be wrong. Wont be the first time.

And Kenny always seemed to have more swag than me. :thumbs:

Timeline

A dried up cake.

Hey I was told once you are jooked by a jamaican you are jamaican.

I thought Pinklion said somewhere she was a Trini. I could be wrong. Wont be the first time.

No

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline

A dried up cake.

No

Finally another woman with some sass up in here!! "Hey I was told once you are jooked by a jamaican you are jamaican."

I agree!

Pinklion...I have been out numbered by Kenny and Aadriyan. Thank you Thank you!

A dried up cake.

Nope. You can attempt as many times as you want

O.O

I. AM. DONE

Good Gawd

:hehe: Great comeback! :)

Finally another woman with some sass up in here!! "Hey I was told once you are jooked by a jamaican you are jamaican."

I agree!

I had to read Pinkr's comment 3 times to understand what she was trying to say but I got it! :D

Can't stop laughing.

To have the full effect and quick understanding, I think juk is the better spelling.

Edited by aaydrian

Timeline

I agree!

WE RUN THIS!!!!

Eday debble help teef; wan dyah Gad wi elp watchman

Some of the posters on VJ needs to learn from this proverb. SMKT.....

or

He who busies himself with the sins of others, or judges his brother on suspicion, has not yet even begun to repent or to examine himself so as to discover his own sins, which are truly heavier than a great lump of lead; nor does he know why a man becomes heavyhearted when he loves vanity and chases after falsehood (cf. Ps. 4:2). That is why, like a fool who walks in darkness, he no longer attends to his own sins but lets his imagination dwell on the sins of others, whether these sins are real or merely the products of his own suspicious mind.

Timeline

Nope. You can attempt as many times as you want

O.O

I. AM. DONE

Good Gawd

:hehe: Great comeback! :)

I had to read Pinkr's comment 3 times to understand what she was trying to say but I got it! :D

Can't stop laughing.

To have the full effect and quick understanding, I think juk is the better spelling.

:P

:rofl:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.