Turbo SS

Next time someone calls USCIS ask them if they know about our tweets

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

I mentioned this in one of the threads earlier. But since people are calling them all the time for updates maybe some of you can ask if they even saw our tweets or know about them. If not you can bring it to their attention and maybe they will look at it or tell co-workers about it. I am really curious on their perspective and if they even know what we are doing.

I need to call them later this week but I am sure some people are planning on calling today or tomorrow. So let us know what they say about it! :thumbs:

9/13/2010 I-29f sent to Texas

9/23/2010 NOA1

10/3/2010 Touched

3/23/2011 Service request put in

3/30/2011 NOA2 finally!!!!

4/8/2011 Received by NVC

4/13/2011 NVC mailed packet to Guanzhou

5/5/2011 Consulate received packet

5/09/2011 Constulate mailed P3

6/15ish/2011 received P4

7/1/2011 Interview. Approved!!!

Timeline

anyone want to do that or think its an ok idea? Bueller? Bueller? :help:

9/23/2010 NOA1

10/3/2010 Touched

4/8/2011 Received by NVC

6/15ish/2011 received P4

Timeline

Did anyone call them today???

Edited by Turbo SS

9/23/2010 NOA1

10/3/2010 Touched

4/8/2011 Received by NVC

6/15ish/2011 received P4

You can try, but USCIS is a government agency. That means any government worker 9 times out of 10 will only do what is required to do their jobs and nothing more.

You have a better chance of seeing Billy Graham doing the Hula on MTV than finding a government employee who actually cares what we think. This generally applies to most governments anywhere and is not limited to the US only.

But if you do ask someone over to do something, you should keep in mind two things.

1. Are you requesting something they need to do, but aren't required to?

2. Are they not doing something they should be?

If your inquiry doesn't have anything to do with the above, then they probably won't do anything about it. If they aren't doing something they should then its an easy fix, but requires perseverance and patience. However, if you're requesting that they do something that you think they should be doing, then you are really going to have to convince them that it will make their jobs easier.

2008-03-15: Met online

2008-08-05: First met in person

2009-08-03: Married

2010-07-15: Filed for B1 travel visa for wife

2010-09-15: B1 visa interview at Beijing embassy (visa denied: wife was unemployed)

2010-10-20: re-applied B1 travel visa

2010-11-18: Second B1 visa interview at Beijing embassy (visa approved: wife was employed)

2011-02-01: Traveled to US together

2011-02-22: Filed I-130 by DCF at Beijing

2011-03-15: I-130 approved and sent to Guangzhou embassy (took 21 days)

2011-04-03: P3 arrived by EMS (took 41 days)

2011-04-17: P3 sent

2011-05-03: P4 arrived

2011-05-19: Interview day (86 days)

2011-05-20: Visa approved

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Honestly, I don't think USCIS being a government agency has anything to do with it. The same would have happened if it were a private company.

Let's say you are a customer service representative at a company such as Sony. The company sells a product that is supposed to have a less than 5% failure rate as per published specs. Turns out the actual failure rate is much higher, closer to 10%.

So you get a call from a customer asking if you know about their tweets. You have a strict script that you are to follow as part of company policy. Even if for some reason you did spend your free time following tweets sent to CNN breaking news, etc, you're not going to break from company policy and say "Oh yes thanks to the tweets we now know we are behind schedule."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

SERCO contractors (the bonez that answer the phone, the CSR)

their computers

are limited for what they can access.

No Twitter at work, so sorry la.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.