Undefined

Questions

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello to everyone. I have a few questions.

Has anyone ever been refused entrance twice but made it the third time with no problem? and do you have your visa now? married? all good?

Also can someone who has sent packet 3, what if since you sent those there has been some changes that were already in progress but not yet ready for packet 3, can you update it? revised it and send the forms again just updated?

Also what if they want more info out of you or I dont know they think you are not admissable for a visa, can you always make them review your case, or make a new one? or update, add more? revise?

Also how long after someone has been refused entry can they enter again? lets say they give u a reason and you have now back up. Can they always refuse entry even after you gave them what they want? and if yes why? and can you try and enter again?

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Lots of general answers here which would require specific information to answer.

1. Why were you refused entrance? And would you attempt to enter again as a visitor (with no visa) or with a specific visa?

2. Any information which has changed since the packet 3 has been submitted can be changed during the interview (except of course for a change of address).

3. If they send an RFE (request for evidence) or request more evidence you are usually given a certain amount of time to submit it. If you are denied a visa or require a waiver you will be informed this at the interview. If a waiver is required you will have to file it within a certain amount of time. If you are denied you will be given a chance to appeal.

4. Depends why you were refused entry. It is always up to CBP as to whether to admit a person or not.

Timeline

They say lack of ties to Canada. So if you get those ties they want, you should be ok for next time entry? Yeah it does depend on the CBP Officer, and they sure abuse their power but unfortunately right or wrong they are, its their decision, you can appeal to them at a later notice but at that moment they decide your day. It sucks, its not fair, its ridiculous, its unecessary, its many things but its just the way it is. You can only learn and be more prepared and just calm and collected

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I was refused entrance twice and admitted on the 3rd try.

You need HEAPS of ties to Canada if they refused you because or lack of ties, more complex if you have a K-1 in proces

But I'm married now, GC holder about to remove conditions

All your questions about entrace are at the sole discretion of the CBP. They may let you in a day later or refuse you 3 months later

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Timeline

I know this might sound stupid or I dont know. But can you give me an example of all ties acceptable? imaginable? thank you and also is there a way to accelarate the K-1 process, its at the almost last stage, packet 3 was sent waiting for packet 4. Thanks once again

P.S If I may ask after they refuse you when did you try again(after how long)? and why did they refuse you in the first position and what did you do to make your situation better? I hope im not being indescreet. thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The ties they look for are a least/mortgage, job letter with an expected return date, utilities, car lease, bank account with sufficient funds.

If that is lacking use something like a doctor's apt. card, a wedding/graduation invitation, be creative

After the 2nd time I was denied, I attepted 2.5 weeks later and was admitted with HUGE scrutiny and was only given 2 weeks in the US. They refused me for lack of ties to Canada and I had everything I already listed and more, and they STILL weren't sure they'd admit me

Good luck

PS don't you think if there was a way to speed up the process we'd all do it? barring imminent deployment to a combat zone, SERIOUS medical issues (as in one of you are on the verge of death) or extreme humanitarian grouns..uscis expects you to suck it up and wait

Edited by canadian_wife

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.