maximus

Stay in hotel or not needed?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee and her 2 year old daughter has appointment for interview in April her dad or mom will accompany them also, they live in Santa Maria Bulacan and the interview time is 06:25 am so will they require to stay in a hotel the night before or do you think they can leave early about 4 am and arrive at the Embassy on time?

How strict is the Embassy on keeping the 06:25 am appointment?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

My fiancee and her 2 year old daughter has appointment for interview in April her dad or mom will accompany them also, they live in Santa Maria Bulacan and the interview time is 06:25 am so will they require to stay in a hotel the night before or do you think they can leave early about 4 am and arrive at the Embassy on time?

I don't know how far that is but if you have an appointment time then you need to be there for that time.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

this is totally up too you, but you know as well how the taffic is and a 2yr old getting up at 4 am then ride a jeepney how, many transfer's........well my baby ko would get a hotel room so they can be fresh for the interveiw..... :thumbs::whistle:

12/22/2010...married my soulmate,in tagaytay city.

USCIS...
01/28/2011...mailed I-130 to chicago Lockbox.....The journey begins
01/31/2011...receive I-130
02/05/2011...get a e-mail notice of NOA-1...states case transferred to CSC
02/08/2011...check clears my bank
02/10/2011... rec. hardcopy NOA-1 in mail...priority date..01/31/2011.....sit back relax and ride this slow mule!!
02/14/2011... touched ( it must have fallen on the floor )..hehe
05/12/2011...NOA-2 OMG...98days u kidding me!!!!!!!

NVC......

05/26/2011... finally got NVC case number...
05/28/2011... receive DS-3032 in e-mail/e-mailed the DS-3032 back
05/28/2011... receive AOS fee bill/ and paid online.
06/01/2011... AOS fee bill shows paid.
06/02/2011... DS-3032 accepted
06/03/2011... IV-bill generated and sented by e-mail
06/04/2011... Paid IV fee bill/ in progress
06/07/2011... IV fee bill showed paid/ downloaded cover sheet
06/08/2011... Express mail both the I-864(AOS) and DS-230
06/09/2011... Confirmed del at 11:10am signed by N visa center.
06/21/2011... SIF...yea!!! called NVC..yes case complete but no interview dates until aug..rats!!
06/28/2011... issured interview date set for 08/08/2011 At 6:30am.
07/12&13/2011... medical
YEA SHE PASSED MEDICAL

08/08/2011... interview approved!!!
08/19/2011...usa/arkansas.....

ROC

05/23/2013... mailed I-751 to Vermont

05/25/2013...delivery confirm received

05/30/2013...check cleared bank

06/01/2013...rec. NOA1 (receipt date 05/28/2013)

06/24/2013... biometrics appointment

Timeline

Bulacan is about 2 hours bus ride then LRT and short walk or trike to US Embassy.

Yes, joyjohn...after your suggestion I think perhaps it's better to get a hotel and stay over night, but she doesn't have a credit card and don't most hotels require some type of security deposit?

Get a hotel room near the Embassy. Pay cash. No credit card is necessary. Relax. Be fresh for the interview. Good luck! :star:

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey Maximus,

I'm from Bulacan(Bocaue) too and Bulacan is not too far from Manila, from Sta. MAria exit to Balintawak exit is about 30 mins and 4am traffic should not be that bad at that time. My parents always leave early when they have an early appointment in Manila and so far they aways make it on time. Another option is for them to rent a private vehicle(like an FX) to drop them to the embassy, most of the FX drivers know the shortest route to the embassy. Good luck.

Timeline

Make sure to arrive early. The worst mistake you could make is to try to arrive right at the appointment time, then traffic or something else causes a delay and you are late. There are also a lot of pre-appointment lines and processing. We arrived at 5:30am for a 7:00am appointment, and there was already a long line. Make sure to arrive early! This is a very important event and you do not want to miss your appointment.

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

2010-03-02 I-129F Sent

2010-03-08 NOA1

2010-03-09 Check Cashed

2010-03-10 Case "touched"

2010-04-13 Case "touched"

2010-04-15 NOA2

2010-04-21 NVC Received

2010-06-01 K-1 Interview at US Embassy Manila

2010-06-08 Visa Issued

2010-07-08 POE: San Francisco, CA

2010-07-31 Married

2010-09-24 Sent AOS Package (I-185, I-765)

2010-09-27 AOS Package Received at Chicago Lockbox

2010-10-04 NOA (Notice of Receipt) date for I-485 & I-765

2010-10-07 Touch

2010-12-22 Biometrics

2010-12-22 I-485 Interview at Anchorage, AK

2010-12-27 2-yr Green Card Issued

2011-01-10 Green Card Received

2011-05-19 Vacation to Philippines

2011-07-02 Return from Philippines to US

My vote would be for a hotel. Not expensive, cash (Php) is fine, and it allows your fiancée to leave the baby in the care of Nanay or Tatay and not have to be drug around early in the morning. What's a few $$ for the comfort and ease of staying in a hotel fairly close to the embassy? It's what I plan to do for my asawa; I figure the pancit bihon and caldereta that she will soon be cooking for me in the US will MORE than make up for the money I spend on a hotel for her! ;)

Congrats on nearing the end of your VJ, hope the remainder is smooth sailing for you guys.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My vote would be for a hotel. Not expensive, cash (Php) is fine, and it allows your fiancée to leave the baby in the care of Nanay or Tatay and not have to be drug (sic) around early in the morning. What's a few $$ for the comfort and ease of staying in a hotel fairly close to the embassy? It's what I plan to do for my asawa; I figure the pancit bihon and caldereta that she will soon be cooking for me in the US will MORE than make up for the money I spend on a hotel for her! ;)

Congrats on nearing the end of your VJ, hope the remainder is smooth sailing for you guys.

dragged, not drug!

The South shall rise again!

confederate_flag-2.gif

Timeline

FX could be a option also. The child needs to go to Embassy cuz she needs get her visa also to travel with her mom. I sure wish I was there to assist with all the plans, my main concern was since she doesnt have a credit card and from what I remember the last time I was there the hotel requires a security deposit either put on the credit card or cash deposit of 3 thou to 5 thousand peso and they return it after you check out.

Well since my asawa doesn't know how to cook, guess it's going to be a long time before i re-coop that money.

Thanks for all the replies.

You can book a hotel for her and just send her the confirmation receipt so she can present it upon check-in. All she have to do is bring her ID with her and she'll be fine.

K1 Timeline

02-28-11 I-29F SENT

06-01-11 PETITION APPROVED

07-15-11 VISA APPROVED

AOS Timeline

03-02-12 I-485 SENT

05-22-12 INTERVIEW APPROVED

ROC Timeline

04-18-14 I-751 SENT

07-29-14 APPROVED

Naturalization Timeline

06-29-16 N400 SENT

08-02-16 BIOMETRICS

10-12-16 INTERVIEW

Make sure to arrive early. The worst mistake you could make is to try to arrive right at the appointment time, then traffic or something else causes a delay and you are late. There are also a lot of pre-appointment lines and processing. We arrived at 5:30am for a 7:00am appointment, and there was already a long line.

This is because the people of Philippines have been conditioned to Fall in Line, don't make trouble, don't complain. They are like sheep and if they see a line they will get in it, I see it every time I go to Philippines.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.