Deputy Purple

US Embassy in Manila DNA

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Country:
Timeline

We have a somewhat unique situation and are sure that the Embassy will want DNA results.

We are hoping that we might be able to provide the DNA results prior to or at the interview. If someone can point us in the right direction we'd be most grateful.

Since I don't like cryptic topic lacking any relevant details I'll share the cliff notes of our situation.

3 years before Gabby was born Anna had a pregnancy that ended with a stillbirth at 8 months.

Just this week we found out that was not the case. It turns out the father's family paid-off the delivery staff to fake the stillbirth!

The father's Mom & Aunt have reached out tot Anna and asked if she would be interested in claiming her first son as they feel the father & his wife are mistreating the poor little guy.

Of course neither of us hesitated and are now beginning to gather the paperwork needed to correct his birth certificate, get him to her Mom & file to bring him to the US.

Naturally the Embassy & probably USCIS are going to be extra critical of this because in the filing for Anna & Gabby we had indicate that Gabby was her only child (as we believed that at the time).

We plan to present both the original (false) birth certificate and the corrected one to USCIS with the original petition and are hoping the Mom & Aunt of the father will provide affidavits of what happened to support our claim.

Since the Philippines is considered a High Fraud Country (and I've heard of people faking documents attempting to bring cousins, nieces/nephews or even siblings to the US) we're trying to be as ready as possible and want to introduce DNA results as soon in the process as possible.

Any info would be appreciated.

Wow, I'm sorry to hear your situation. :o What a shock to both you and Anna.

Here's more information regarding DNA testing from USEM, if you haven't read this already.

We'll keep both of you in our thoughts and prayers during this difficult situation. (F)

Edited by Markieboy

NATURALIZATION
02/15/13 - Mailed N-400
02/19/13 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox (day 01)
02/21/13 - NOA1 issued (day 03)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS (WIFE)
02/18/12 - Eligible for Removal of Conditions on Residence
03/23/12 - Mailed I-751 to CSC
03/26/12 - Received by CSC (day 01)
03/31/12 - Received NOA1 (day 06)
05/02/12 - Biometrics done (day 38)
10/23/12 - Received approval email (day 212)
11/01/12 - Received green card (day 221)

IR-2 (STEPDAUGHTER)
06/01/10 - Mailed I-130 petition
06/03/10 - Package delivered to USCIS (day 01)
06/08/10 - NOA1 issued (day 06)
11/03/10 - Received approval email (day 154)
11/08/10 - Received approval notice in mail (day 159)

NATIONAL VISA CENTER (STEPDAUGHTER)
11/08/10 - NVC received case from USCIS
11/09/10 - NVC case # & IIN generated, email addresses given, DS-3032 sent via email & USPS (day 01)
11/16/10 - Received and paid AOS bill (day 08)
11/17/10 - AOS bill marked as PAID; AOS packet express mailed (day 09)
11/19/10 - Received and paid IV bill; DS-3032 accepted (day 11)
11/22/10 - IV bill marked as PAID; IV packet express mailed (day 14)
12/03/10 - Sign-in failed (day 25)
12/09/10 - INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR JANUARY 10, 2011 @ 6:45AM
12/28/10 - Medical exam done at SLEC Manila - PASSED! (day 40)
01/10/11 - Interview at USEM Manila - APPROVED! (day 53)
01/21/11 - Stepdaughter received passport with IR-2 visa! (day 64)

Timeline

Wow is all I can say as we've researched this issue...

The DNA company has advised us to not send DNA results before the USEM requests it.

Anna has spent a lot of time on the phone with the father's Mom. Apparently the father told his family that Anna abandoned the baby! They as a family got together and fixed things so that they wouldn't have too much trouble raising him without Anna. Now the Mom (of the father) has discovered that the child is being mistreated so the family has thrown the father to the curb and her sisters are now caring for the child. She reached out to Anna in hopes that Anna has matured and wants her child.

The father's family has offered to provide affidavits to corroborate our story if we are asked for it along the way.

For the first time in his life the boy got to speak to his Mommy on the phone today. He is excited to come to America and live with his Mom & little brother!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one post removed, one poster thread banned for

Make comments in a Post either direct or implied toward another member that are purposely designed to upset, antagonize, make fun of, belittle, or otherwise instigate an argument that takes away from the personal enjoyment of the Service by other users.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Bob, I'm sure there is a totally separate procedure you'll have to go through in the Filipino Court system to "prove" parentage and refute the current birth certificate. I'd image the family courts in the Philippines will take at face-value the mother/father that are written on the birth certificate, and changing this would likely take some doing. Could you give us a thumb-nail version of that process?

my blog: http://immigrationlawreformblog.blogspot.com/

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

-- Charles M. Province

Timeline
Bob, I'm sure there is a totally separate procedure you'll have to go through in the Filipino Court system to "prove" parentage and refute the current birth certificate. I'd image the family courts in the Philippines will take at face-value the mother/father that are written on the birth certificate, and changing this would likely take some doing. Could you give us a thumb-nail version of that process?

Actually we just need to get the birth certificate corrected. In one place it lists my wife as having the last name of the father (which implies they were married) but everywhere else it lists her proper maiden name and the father even signed on the back to claim parentage of a child born out of wedlock.

We are fortunate that they didn't monkey around with the birth certificate too much.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow.... that's a kind of story I just watched in Philippine Telenovela. But I guess its a long way to go. Probably some battles to fight. But then, I wish good luck guys! I hope you will have things fix without so much problems. The kid shouldn't suffer from older people consequences.

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm not sure if I can word my thoughts correctly, but I'm trying to be helpful.

Have you thought about doing the DNA test for yourself, before filing any petitions with the USCIS.

If you believe that your father in law is capable of a still birth scheme, are you positive he's not masterminding immigration fraud now, instead?

In the best case, you would only need one set of tests with you being able to preview the results before sending it to the USCIS, (when requested.)

Aloha.

We have a somewhat unique situation and are sure that the Embassy will want DNA results.

[...]

Any info would be appreciated.

K-1

08/00/04 - Introduction, 08/02/05 - First visit, 06/29/06 - Second visit, 07/10/06 - Engaged

08/10/06 - I-129F mailed USPS

08/18/06 - NOA1 approved, 10/18/06 - NOA2 approved

10/30/06 - NVC MNL# 2006800XXX

11/03/06 - NVC letter received, 11/14/06 - USE received, 12/08/06 - Pre-interview Letter

03/08/07 - Interview - APPROVED

05/19/07 - POE Honolulu

06/28/07 - Wedding

AOS

08/17/07 - AOS, AP & EAD filed

10/09/07 - Biometrics, 10/25/07 - RFE received, 11/05/07 - AP APPROVED, 11/13/07 - AP received

11/08/07 - EAD card in production, 11/16/07 - EAD received

01/24/08 - Interview - APPROVED

ROC

11/06/09 - I-751 mailed to California Service Center

11/09/09 - NOA1 Date, 11/13/09 - check cleared, 12/16/09 - Biometrics

12/28/09 - Card production ordered - received 01/04/10

Citizenship

03/22/11 - N-400 filed

03/25/11 - Item delivered AZ via USPS Priority Mail, 10:15 am

04/20/11 - Biometrics

06/14/11 - Interview -Approved

07/05/11 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline
Have you thought about doing the DNA test for yourself, before filing any petitions with the USCIS.

If you believe that your father in law is capable of a still birth scheme, are you positive he's not masterminding immigration fraud now, instead?

In the best case, you would only need one set of tests with you being able to preview the results before sending it to the USCIS, (when requested.)

Aloha.

Just to clarify, when I say father I'm talking about the little boy's biological father. His family would gain nothing by us bringing the boy to the US. They are aware of the possibility of the Embassy requesting DNA.

Our original plan was to go ahead with the DNA testing but when we contacted the company used by the Embassy they suggested we wait for the interview as the Embassy won't accept results that we bring regardless of where we get the test done.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Just to update everyone:

Yesterday we mailed the I-130 Petition for Gabby's big brother, Carlo!

Here's to hoping that we have a normal USCIS Petition process on this case.

Just to update everyone:

Yesterday we mailed the I-130 Petition for Gabby's big brother, Carlo!

Here's to hoping that we have a normal USCIS Petition process on this case.

This is a stupid question, mainly not really knowing the system...

This is what i know, the DNA is asked to confirm that the USC is the father of the philippines-born baby.

With your case, the kid is acknowledge as Anna's child in the petition. So, where would a DNA testing be needed when Anna already acknowledge that she is the mother of the child under petition. Being repetitive here. And Anna is not a USC.

There is an important missing link in the process... maybe because im not aware of it. :bonk:

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would go ahead and have the child tested for DNA match for peace of mind. What would happen if you have prepared for those documents and waited for so long and when DNA test is actually required and there is no match?

The child and mother should have the same Mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA). A male child gets both Y-DNA marker (father) and mtDNA marker (mother) while a female child gets only the mtDNA marker(mother).

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8066925138937638623#
Angels Still Don't Play This HAARP

Timeline
I would go ahead and have the child tested for DNA match for peace of mind. What would happen if you have prepared for those documents and waited for so long and when DNA test is actually required and there is no match?

I have peace of mind in regards to him being her child. Reasons why:

• I trust my wife.
  • The birth certificate jives with the time frame of the child she thought was still born.
  • Carlo & Gabby look like twins.
  • The biological father's family stands to gain nothing and in fact risk losing Carlo after the process is done.

If the USEM would accept a DNA test from the same lab just ordered before they request it then we'd do it just to be ready for their request but they won't so the money would be wasted.

because when we were doing mine and gabby's paperworks i did not indicate that i have carlo, which that time I didn't know that he is alive. So we are kinda worried that embassy would want a proof that I am the real mom, not carlo's aunt or cousin. Sorry i know It's confusing.

This is a stupid question, mainly not really knowing the system...

This is what i know, the DNA is asked to confirm that the USC is the father of the philippines-born baby.

With your case, the kid is acknowledge as Anna's child in the petition. So, where would a DNA testing be needed when Anna already acknowledge that she is the mother of the child under petition. Being repetitive here. And Anna is not a USC.

There is an important missing link in the process... maybe because im not aware of it. :bonk:

happier than ever

• 7 years later...

Hello.. hope anyone here can answer to my questions. DO you know how long the CRBA will set an appointment for my Son's DNA samples? I had my samples collected already here in Canada. I saw on my dna profile it shows there the dna kit was sent to manila us embassy oct 31. It is been 2 weeks now, they hasn't contact us for my son's test yet.

THANKS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.