Steve64

I-134 and Bank statements

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I will shortly begin putting together my I-134 affidavit of support. Do the bank statements I enclose have to be signed by a bank official or can I just print them myself. One of my banks is local and the other is online. I closed the online account last month and transferred the money to my local bank. Do I have to still get a signature from the online bank ? Any additional info you can pass along would be appreciated. Steve

event.png

you really dont need bank statements as long as you make above the required poverty level. I had the same question running through my head I am an underwriter for a bank and tried to approach this whole process in the same way as its all a matter of proving this and that very similar concept to a loan application as a rule its always good to provide what you need giving extra info is more work for the other party and can always leave room for more questions etc.. though I do have alot of savings I elected to leave this out as its really not a requirement as long as yuou make enough money to cover the poverty level.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I will shortly begin putting together my I-134 affidavit of support. Do the bank statements I enclose have to be signed by a bank official or can I just print them myself. One of my banks is local and the other is online. I closed the online account last month and transferred the money to my local bank. Do I have to still get a signature from the online bank ? Any additional info you can pass along would be appreciated. Steve

I make way more than the proverty levels so didn't include any bank or asset information. Just pay check summaries, tax transcripts and employer letter.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm starting my I-134 but my main concern is I don't have an Employer per se. I work for the Union and go to various employers (electrical construction). Though currently I am serving in military thru Feb next year. I have tax records, paystubs but nothing indicating employer. do i send a copy of my orders? I will not know who I am working for till i return from duty.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

moving thread to:

US Embassy and Consulate Discussion

This is the place to post your experiences or questions related to this last step before moving to the US. Topics relating to I-134's, packets sent from consulate and medical & police certificates should be posted here.

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.