billyboy601

Kenya anyone?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

I learned this past week that our case was forwarded to the embassy in Nairobi. I haven't scanned enough of this forum to know if there are others in the process that are dealing with the Nairobi embassy.

I myself was at the embassy in April/May of this year; they weren't too helpful to me or my wife at that time.

However, the process here has gone quickly; it took less than 60 days for the K-3 petition to be approved and forwarded to the embassy.

I will be calling them Sunday night PDT (Monday morning EAT) in regards to an address change. Anyone know if you can specify pick-up? While I'm spending the dime on the call, I hope to get some scheduling information to see when the interview date might be.

Any information about timelines for the Nairobi embassy is greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Billyboy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

if u click on the link "embassy info" at the top of the page, then click on kenya, then you can see all the folks that are going thru kenya, perhaps u could send them a PM. congrats and goodluck!

06/06/05 I-130 NOA1

06/14/05 K-3 NOA1

07/08/05 k-3 NOA2

07/22/05 K-3 leaves NVC to Lagos

08/08/05 Hubby picks up interview packet from embassy

11/17/05 K-3 interview (denied, C.O refused to take co-sponsor for k-3)

12/16/05 I-130 NOA2

01/03/06 NVC assigns case number

02/15/06 Case complete (thank you James Shortcuts- only 6 weeks!)

04/19/06 tired of waiting, filed k-3 #2 ( petition is still lost in oblivion)

09/11/06 NVC scheduled CR-1 interview/ on to Lagos (thank God after 7 months of waiting!)

10/14/06 Interview date (success!)

10/18/06 Hubby goes to pick up visa- not ready ( ugh what's going on!)

10/19/06 Visa in hand ( thank you God!)

10/29/06 Together at last :)

Whole process 1 year and 4 months

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Thank you Neya!

I forgot about that quirk with holidays.

Good news, I was able to track someone down (only took six phone calls to actually talk with someone) and give them the address change, as I had provided the physical address instead of a mailing address on the petition (not too many folks get mail at home in Kenya).

While I had the person on the line, I asked about having my wife pick up the packet herself. No problem, just be at the embassy at 8:00 AM in the morning and the packet can be picked up.

Wahoo!!! :dance:

So we hope to have it picked up tomorrow.

I'm nearly done with all of the documentation that needs to be sent in support of the petition (I-134, pictures, bank letter, employee letter, tax returns, paystubs, etc.).

I'm hopeful we can complete everything by next week.

The person also told me once everything is complete, call back for an interview date; there is currently no backlog, so we could be done with this within a couple of weeks if all goes smoothly.

Wahoo again!!! :dance::dance::dance:

I'm very thankful to this site and everyone that contributes. One more VJ'er is nearly done!

Cheers

Billyboy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Congrats!!! on speedy processing.

7/20/05 - Visa received in the mail

9/13/05 - Arrival to Texas FINALLY!!!

12/2/05 - Wedding

1/25/06 - AOS/EAD sent

1/26/06 - AOS/EAD received at USCIS

02/4/06 - NOA received for EAD

02/6/06 - NOA received for AOS

02/7/06 - ASC appt notice rcv'd

03/2/06 - Biometrics appt.

05/15/06 - AOS Approval (stamp in passport)

05/23/06 - Received Welcome letter

05/26/06 - Green Card arrived in mail yaaaahhooooo

08/10/06 - Hubby 1st job in US

05/15/08 - ??? what next

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.