Pohtaytoh

Completed!

6 posts in this topic

Sitting in my email this morning was a letter from NVC stating the case was completed and forwarded to HCM Embassy. They also listed our interview date April 28! It's been 6 months since we received our NOA2 and paid both the fees. We have copies of all the paperwork we've submitted so far, and I'm going to start putting together our relationship timeline + both our 10 year residencies. The only thing I'm unsure about is my visit history.

We met in February 2010 and decided fairly early that we would get married. We had a Dam Hoi in March, then I had to return to the states to file taxes. I came back in May and have stayed here since (two years now). We got married about six months later, and have been living together under my Grandmother's house since it's a fairly large building with plenty of vacant rooms. Does this count for or against me since they usually require a USC to visit around 3+ times a year? We've been living together as a happy married couple for over a year and a half now.

My visa is only a tourist visa, but I've been allowed to renew about 8 times so far. We have a notarized photocopy of it with the back full of the renewal stamps.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I think you are good. You actually stay with your wife for two years instead of three visits with 1 or 2 months each.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-130 Sent: 2010-04-02

I-130 NOA1: 2010-04-13

I-130 RFE: 2010-10-04

I-130 RFE Sent: 2010-10-08

I-130 Approved: 2010-10-25

NVC Received: 2010-10-29

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2010-11-09

Pay I-864 Bill: 2010-11-10

Receive I-864 Package:

Return Completed I-864: 2010-11-18

Return Completed DS-3032: 2010-11-22

Receive IV Bill: 2010-12-02

Pay IV Bill: 2010-12-03

Receive Instruction Package: 2010-12-28

Case Completed at NVC: 2011-01-11

Visa Received : 2011-04-30

Thank Visajourney! Couldn't have done without you guys!!!!!!

Timeline

Sitting in my email this morning was a letter from NVC stating the case was completed and forwarded to HCM Embassy. They also listed our interview date April 28! It's been 6 months since we received our NOA2 and paid both the fees. We have copies of all the paperwork we've submitted so far, and I'm going to start putting together our relationship timeline + both our 10 year residencies. The only thing I'm unsure about is my visit history.

We met in February 2010 and decided fairly early that we would get married. We had a Dam Hoi in March, then I had to return to the states to file taxes. I came back in May and have stayed here since (two years now). We got married about six months later, and have been living together under my Grandmother's house since it's a fairly large building with plenty of vacant rooms. Does this count for or against me since they usually require a USC to visit around 3+ times a year? We've been living together as a happy married couple for over a year and a half now.

My visa is only a tourist visa, but I've been allowed to renew about 8 times so far. We have a notarized photocopy of it with the back full of the renewal stamps.

I would think that living together for that long will be a good thing.blink.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Your dates don't add up, and they don't match your VJ timeline. According to your VJ timeline it's been about a year since your I-130 was approved. Your VJ timeline also says you were married in August, 2009, rather than 2010. If you meant 2009 in the paragraph above then you got married three months after you returned rather than six months.

Anyway, living with your wife for nearly two years is a good thing. Have you maintained a domicile in the US for the affidavit of support?

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Timeline

Will you immediately have a job to fulfill your financial obligation once your family gets to the States?

I disagree with lots of people saying just because you two were living for a period of time meaning the relationship is genuine. The C/O knows people often "arrange" for this type of marriage (especially if you're a Vietkieu, NOT white). The reason why they want you to make a lot of trips (meaning costing you time and $$$) before submitting your petition is because scammers tend not to have enough patience to do this, plus the total cost will eat up the profit they want to make from the marriage fraud.

But why you ask us for opinion? You've already made up your mind (or someone did that for you). Shouldn't you ask this type of question BEFORE deciding submitting your petition? There's NOTHING you can do to correct any mistake at this point and time. Cross your fingers and hope for the best.

Just remember, life over there in VN is NOT real! Your money will be worth a LOT less once you get back over here. Back to reality, cowboy!

Your dates don't add up, and they don't match your VJ timeline. According to your VJ timeline it's been about a year since your I-130 was approved. Your VJ timeline also says you were married in August, 2009, rather than 2010. If you meant 2009 in the paragraph above then you got married three months after you returned rather than six months.

Anyway, living with your wife for nearly two years is a good thing. Have you maintained a domicile in the US for the affidavit of support?

Yes, I meant 2009 in my post. I believe the I-130 is the NOA1, and I forget the exact date we received the NOA2 so I just counted when we received the IV bill. Yes, I've still got a domicile in the US.

Will you immediately have a job to fulfill your financial obligation once your family gets to the States?

I disagree with lots of people saying just because you two were living for a period of time meaning the relationship is genuine. The C/O knows people often "arrange" for this type of marriage (especially if you're a Vietkieu, NOT white). The reason why they want you to make a lot of trips (meaning costing you time and $$$) before submitting your petition is because scammers tend not to have enough patience to do this, plus the total cost will eat up the profit they want to make from the marriage fraud.

But why you ask us for opinion? You've already made up your mind (or someone did that for you). Shouldn't you ask this type of question BEFORE deciding submitting your petition? There's NOTHING you can do to correct any mistake at this point and time. Cross your fingers and hope for the best.

I do have plans to work when I get back. I already understand the second paragraph which is why I mention the 3+ visits, but I don't understand why you would even say what you did in the third paragraph. I'm simply letting people know about our status and asking for opinions on how it would look according to people who are well versed in the visa process. Whether or not it would affect our petition wouldn't have changed anything because I wanted to live with my wife. I didn't want to stay apart for nearly a year. So, NO, it wasn't a question we needed to ask before. Presuming that someone made up my mind for me seems like you're suggesting that our marriage is fraud, is that what you're getting at? Anyway, I'll still cross my fingers and continue to put together everything for the big day.

Thanks for your support everyone else!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.